Razza Camara

Arsene Titman

From "Get French Football News"

Toulouse and Montpellier in talks for Abdoul Razzagui Camara

Ligue 1 sides Toulouse and Montpellier are understood to be in talks with Derby County’s Abdoul Razzagui Camara over a possible deal this month, according to our colleagues at Foot Mercato.

The player is not featuring in the starting XI for Derby County in the Championship, and has interest from QPR, Wolves and Cardiff, with Lyon and Lille have also made discreet enquiries concerning the winger’s services.

Camara could leave Derby on loan this month or permanently for a fee worth around €2m.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

From "Get French Football News"

Toulouse and Montpellier in talks for Abdoul Razzagui Camara

Ligue 1 sides Toulouse and Montpellier are understood to be in talks with Derby County’s Abdoul Razzagui Camara over a possible deal this month, according to our colleagues at Foot Mercato.

The player is not featuring in the starting XI for Derby County in the Championship, and has interest from QPR, Wolves and Cardiff, with Lyon and Lille have also made discreet enquiries concerning the winger’s services.

Camara could leave Derby on loan this month or permanently for a fee worth around €2m.

I don't find this terribly surprising if I'm honest, he has never really found his feet here (in part due to a string of injuries) and with talks of the likes of Sako and Scannell coming in, you'd expect a couple to be going the other way.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So we might get our money back on Razza, which isn't that bad and if we're getting a new winger in, some have got to be going out.

Its worth remembering, Pearson really liked Weimann,but he got injured before the season started.

Pearson liked him because Wiemann meets Pearson's two criterias for a good player:

• Does he run a lot ?
  • Does he run fast ?

Hope he stays, certainly more promising than Blackman. Hasn't even started two consecutive games has he? Hardly a chance to impress, and lets be honest Weimann Blackman (and even Russell these days) don't look like massive improvements on Razza at all. 

I like Camara up to a point, but if he was all that he'd have made some sort of stab at tying down a shirt at some point in the last year surely? Move on. Try the next one.

It's a weird one, as I feel like I haven't seen enough of him to grow any kind of attachment to care about his possible departure, but simultaneously I have seen enough of him to wonder what he'd be like if he had 5-6 starts in games and built a playing relationship with the players around him.

its just one of those where, if it is true that he's on his way, then Mac and CP think they can get better you've kinda just go with it.

I'm reminded of Dawkins in a similar way. Where as Camara has some great pace, Dawkins had a really nice touch and pass. But not all the time, and nothing else enough for us now to be missing him.

Que Sara 

Archived