De Sart - Signed on loan

David

18 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Who is De Sart ? background, history etc ....

From a young age he always knew he wanted to be a footballer. He had a paper round at the age of 11. Once fell out of a tree aged 8. Likes pizza but doesn't like broccoli.

i just made that up but wanted to fill the void for you.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I disagree that Johnson provides more protection to the back 4 than Thorne in fact I think it might ultimately be the other way round(I do agree that he provides more protection than Mascarell or Hanson). For me Thorne's anticipation and positioning is quite a bit better than Johnson's, whilst Johnson is better aerially and more of a physical presence. Why Thorne pips Johnson for me is because that Johnson occasionally gives the ball in incredibly dangerous positions which Thorne rarely ever did and because Thorne retains possession much better than Johnson this means we get counter-attacked less.

Agree completely re the distribution and that in turn creating its own type of pressure but we haven't conceded in 8 games at home, Johnson has been a massive part of that, granted it didn't go well at Norwich, but in the main we've been incredibly solid, what are we second best defensive record in the league?

dont get me wrong I'd take thorne over Bradley every day of the week but even George got caught out on occasions and his lack of mobility by the same token cost us.

i just don't remember a time in recent years where we've generally been so solid.

its just an interesting subject of contention imo.

both players (when fit) bring a very different skill set to the table for the same position.

gives options I suppose 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Apart from being naive and having poor discipline for a defensive midfielder I thought he was good. 

Just used to go charging off too much.

Yeah, agree with that. I think people were hyped from his parent club at the time which didn't and still doesn't do him any favours. He had his downfalls like all young foreign (or even just young) players at this level but he was more than capable and did an ok job of filling in for Thorne which is a tough ask. Technically he was very good and his passing wasn't far off George's but the thing I liked about him most is something which is rare in young British players, composure. I know it's different gravy when it comes to how they're coached on the continent but it's still great to see. I'd say only Hughes and Thorne are 100% comfortable on the ball from the midfielders we've watched in recent years and they're arguably our two best. 

We'd all liked to have signed a Ronaldo or Bale on loan from Real Madrid (B) but that was never going to be the case, I thought it was a decent loan signing and didn't mind him at all. Think he's a bit better than others are saying. 

7 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Classic Derby. Get linked with a bunch of players that we need and would improve us...

...sign an underweight CDM who can't get a look in at Boro.

If he was getting a look in at Boro he wouldn't be joining Derby who are 7th in the championship. 

Hey who's that tough tackling central midfielder for Derby?

Oh yeah! Wouldn't mess with him. What was his name?

All I remember was him dominating the game. Winning headers, tackles, using his size and strength. A real beast of a player. Just what was his name

It was Julien. Julien Ariel De Sart.

----

C'mon. I've never seen him but he wears an Alice band, gloves in October, yellow boots, plucks his eyebrows and has high cheekbones doesn't he? 

Archived