Danny Ward

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Interesting, this guy is mobile and works his socks off and supplied a lot of Rhodes goals at Huddersfield 

very interesting this one if true

2 & 2 together I know...,,

Could this be a double forward move and a reigniting of the Ward & Rhodes show coming to a ground near you very soon? :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Oh come on Steve, we joked about getting the band back together but you don't have to get a sweat on trying to buy a winger called Ward <_<

Can we not just start putting name changes into our contract requirements? Nick, yes, your new name is Simon Dawkins, Alex, you're going to be changing your name to Jake......

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

DET just reporting that we have been linked with Danny Ward of Rotherham...original source is the Sheffield Star

Someone on here a couple of days back said we were in for him according to someone they knew with Rotherham links

Cheers for sharing that,it is a good source.

On 1/3/2017 at 21:01, coneheadjohn said:

You can all stone me in a minute but let me explain.

The source is someone well involved at Rotherham.

Apparently we have or are lining up a 1.2 million bid and that macca has watched him.

Ipswich are in as well.

Also tells me Camps off to Cardiff.

Very interesting conversation with him regarding Jacketts departure.

This was at work so I've no way of looking into any of it.

No idea what's right or not but he would certainly know.

The BBC reported that Campy's out for the rest of the season with a knee injury yesterday

On 9 January 2015, Ward moved on loan to Rotherham United on a 28-day emergency loan, with a view to a permanent deal. On 12 January 2015, it was confirmed that Ward had made a permanent deal with the Millers for an undisclosed fee.

Despite the poor start to the 2016–17 season that Rotherham United have made, Danny Ward has been one of the few highlights. By 2nd December 2016, he has netted 8 times in 18 league games

in total  37 goals  in 211 appearances  ..thank you Wikipedia   :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I was told he's been playing as part of a front two playing on the left and right switching with Matt Derbyshire and recently playing as the forward striker with someone in the hole,Izzy Brown.

He could play anywhere in our front 3. 

Exactly, would be a decent signing for not so much money in my opinion 

11 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I was told he's been playing as part of a front two playing on the left and right switching with Matt Derbyshire and recently playing as the forward striker with someone in the hole,Izzy Brown.

He could play anywhere in our front 3. 

Love how you've got 'in the hole' and 'izzy brown' in the same sentence. Or is that just my dirty mind.

I'm not really that keen, he's not better than what we have. Interesting comment that he supplied alot of Rhodes goals and always tore Christie apart at Huddersfield but they let him go.. and no disrespect to Rotherham but a lower level side. 1.2 million seems a high gamble to me, we did a similar deal last year with Blackman and we all know how that turned out.

Archived