Editor poor since update?

Rev

Why is the post editor so poor since a recent update?

Maybe it's just me, but the icon that let you delete the entire reply and start again has disappeared, and it was really useful.

Just tried to reply to a post, inadvertently posted a video in it instead of deleting unwanted text, and now can't delete it, or indeed anything else, so can't reply!

Any advice anyone?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told the button isn't needed anymore, a simple backspace clears everything now. Also if you leave a topic and return later, a popup appears asking if you want to clear the editor since your last visit.

I can add the button back in (I think) but give it a try first

1 minute ago, David said:

I was told the button isn't needed anymore, a simple backspace clears everything now. Also if you leave a topic and return later, a popup appears asking if you want to clear the editor since your last visit.

I can add the button back in (I think) but give it a try first

I've seen neither pop up, or am able to backspace past an embedded video, although It does seem to forget the reply over time.

2 hours ago, David said:

I'll add the button back in later, make it easier. Should still work. MacBook is on the other chair across the room, if I get up now the dog will pinch me seat

Best not switch it on, it might break and cost thousands to repair.

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

it's stopped taking me directly to the first unread post in a thread now. I'd just gotten to love that @David

Will be back soon, there's a bug in the editor that's keeping content in there after a post has been made. We've disabled all plugins to nail down if one of these is causing the problem.

If you click on the little dot or star to the left of the topic title this will take you to the last post, hopefully be back to normal shortly 

Archived