Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sage said:

They won'r sell him to us. With their transfer embargo in place, selling him puts them in real danger of relegation. Fawaz would have to leave the country.  

Fawaz left the country and went back to Kuwait ages ago. Most of his staff left too, hence they never got round to sacking the manager but are also back in embargo. Despite apparently being a lifelong fan, I really don't think he cares anymore.

I think £2.5m is way too much objectively for an injury prone overrated player, and is in danger of becoming a Blackman-esque signing paying well over the odds for someone almost out of contract, but it would be worth it if their latest takeover stalls at least until the end of Jan so they stay under embargo and end up being relegated.

Just trying to think if the entertainment is worth £2.5m or not, as a footballer I'm not that bothered to be honest, was only a few weeks ago I voted yes to him being a cockwomble, I know he would be our cockwomble but a cockwomble is a cockwomble.

6 minutes ago, needles said:

To be fair, if they won't sell him, I'd like him here on a free this summer. Decent player, even if a cockwomble.

He will be sold this window I think. 

Whether it's to us or not is questionable.  

Just now, SaintRam said:

He will be sold this window I think. 

Whether it's to us or not is questionable.  

Might not have a better option than us. Might decide to wait it out until May.

looking objectively, we could do with another midfielder unless thorne is within touching distance of a return, with hughes suspended tomorrow we have no midfield cover other than Hanson now. We sold Hendrick as we had too many CM's for a 442 but in the current formation you can only feel we're lacking. 2.5 is reasonable for a CM who probably more experience with this league than most other players we could get in that range. If coached properly he could probably produce the kind of performances he does on a good day on a regular basis. So all that is left is Sam Rush to work his magic

Archived