Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

Seems to be that we are looking at the soon to be out of contract market for the summer or early January purchase for a lower fee, Lansbury and before his injury Patterson which all makes sense.

lansbury is a good footballer who can win you football matches ( obviously we don't want the bad side of him)

it also highlights the insane last 48 hours of the last transfer window when we threw away our centre forward to a rival and brought in effectively two bench warmers in Vydra and anya for over £12 million - not very good buisness and has us with a lot less room to manoeuvre.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sage said:

So which is it, Steve doesn't fancy him or we don't have much to spend?

Cash Cash Cash me thinks. Bye Bye to William I reckon 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

If Martin comes back I'd get Lansbury in straight away to be the midfield runner

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Could our interest in Lansbury coincide with Martin coming back and Lansbury being the legs and midfield goalscorer to get close to Martin?

100% agree here

If we've got Martin back, the Lansbury signing would make a lot more sense. He'd be the legs and the goals from the centre of midfield, like Bryson used to be. 

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Seems to be that we are looking at the soon to be out of contract market for the summer or early January purchase for a lower fee, Lansbury and before his injury Patterson which all makes sense.

lansbury is a good footballer who can win you football matches ( obviously we don't want the bad side of him)

it also highlights the insane last 48 hours of the last transfer window when we threw away our centre forward to a rival and brought in effectively two bench warmers in Vydra and anya for over £12 million - not very good buisness and has us with a lot less room to manoeuvre.

Do agree with this but this time last year I thought we'd wasted £10m on two bench warming centre mids. Both pivotal to the centre midfield now.

I'm not saying the same will happen again, vydra I find very underwhelming. Anya looked good at fullback though and is generally a threat on the pitch just seems to have little end product. 

33 minutes ago, eddie said:

Positive as ever, I see.

Don't like it do you when someone gives you a answer you don't like back...... feel free to go back all the match day threads and lift all my posts on them..... I'll ask this, where have I always been negative since Pearson left. Which  you have said...... 

Of course you won't, because you'll be positive you'll find something which can't back up your claim of me.

Do not ever kid a ex kidder...... 

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

Do agree with this but this time last year I thought we'd wasted £10m on two bench warming centre mids. Both pivotal to the centre midfield now.

I'm not saying the same will happen again, vydra I find very underwhelming. Anya looked good at fullback though and is generally a threat on the pitch just seems to have little end product. 

Yep true but Johnson has fallen on a completely new position which has been very useful butterfield I don't believe will last the distance which is just my own opinion - anya yep he can fill in at many positions useful but not £4.5 million Vydra is a good option to have next to someone but unlikely to dominate but again to much money.

Archived