Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Initially I thought this might be a good signing but considering the options we've got and a certain George Thorne returning from injury hopefully some-while soon, without a departure, he might not be needed.

Once GT is back, I'd simply move Johnson into a more attacking role, which I'm confident he could more than adequately fill and play him alongside Will with Thorne playing his native defensive role, forming what I would argue is one of the strongest midfields in the Championship.

8 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Initially I thought this might be a good signing but considering the options we've got and a certain George Thorne returning from injury hopefully some-while soon, without a departure, he might not be needed.

Once GT is back, I'd simply move Johnson into a more attacking role, which I'm confident he could more than adequately fill and play him alongside Will with Thorne playing his native defensive role, forming what I would argue is one of the strongest midfields in the Championship.

Johnson was awful in other positions to what he's in now, he's currently a revaluation at DM

6 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Johnson was awful in other positions to what he's in now, he's currently a revaluation at DM

I disagree, he played in that role when he first moved and for the first 7/8 games he was thoroughly excellent, couldn't give the ball away for love nor money. His form then dropped but I'm not entirely sure that's position dependent, just as it states, a loss of general form.

The way he's playing at the minute, moving him into a slightly more attacking role should barely phase him, he has been scoring goals from the defensive position proving he knows exactly how to find offensive spaces to create chances, moving him forward will only allow him to do this more regularly

7 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

George Thorne is the biggest liability at this club unfortunately...... also really don't get the clamour about him..... think we as fans have over egged how good he was.

More than happy with BJ in his position, as some alluded too, it's saved his Derby career and possibly extended it. 

If and when Thorne does come back you can't rely on him to play 10 games on spin anymore. 

18 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

George Thorne is the biggest liability at this club unfortunately...... also really don't get the clamour about him..... think we as fans have over egged how good he was.

More than happy with BJ in his position, as some alluded too, it's saved his Derby career and possibly extended it. 

If and when Thorne does come back you can't rely on him to play 10 games on spin anymore. 

Agree BJ is doing great in that position. Dont agree on thorne being a massive liability though....he started more games last season more than any other CM, and only butterfield played in more games - he also played more minutes.

The only reason we are missing him this season is not because of his past injury problems, but because an opposing player decided to go in studs up and break his leg in two (three actually), which could have happened to any of our squad. it was pure bad luck it was George.

I think he is quality and we are a better team when he is in it than when he isnt. 

22 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Agree BJ is doing great in that position. Dont agree on thorne being a massive liability though....he started more games last season more than any other CM, and only butterfield played in more games - he also played more minutes.

The only reason we are missing him this season is not because of his past injury problems, but because an opposing player decided to go in studs up and break his leg in two (three actually), which could have happened to any of our squad. it was pure bad luck it was George.

I think he is quality and we are a better team when he is in it than when he isnt. 

I really don't think he decided to break his leg.....

Like I said, he has become a liability, unfortunately..... and unluckily. 

Just think he's been massively overhyped here. Remember we signed him after we knew he had a terrible knee injury..... love to see a full season out of him, don't think you'll ever see that out of him ever.

Good player? Yes, replacable.... Yes. 

17 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I really don't think he decided to break his leg.....

Like I said, he has become a liability, unfortunately..... and unluckily. 

Just think he's been massively overhyped here. Remember we signed him after we knew he had a terrible knee injury..... love to see a full season out of him, don't think you'll ever see that out of him ever.

Good player? Yes, replacable.... Yes. 

No i dont think he did either, he did however decide to go in studs up which was dangerous and really he should have been sent off... if it had been any other player it could quite easily have been the same result.

I dont get why he is a liability because he was injured by the rash action of someone else, it has nothing to do with his previous injuries.

We dont have a single player who isnt replacable.

Archived