Derby County Supporter Survey - 5 Year Season Ticket Prize Draw!

David

Just out of interest how much did everyone say they would be willing to pay for a stream?

I went for £9-10, I know you can get a Now TV Sky Sports day pass for £7 and watch multiple games, but if the games not on Sky and you can watch a 4K stream for a tenner or 3 pints in real money doesn't seem that bad, costs you that for the cinema these days 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, David said:

Just out of interest how much did everyone say they would be willing to pay for a stream?

I went for £9-10, I know you can get a Now TV Sky Sports day pass for £7 and watch multiple games, but if the games not on Sky and you can watch a 4K stream for a tenner or 3 pints in real money doesn't seem that bad, costs you that for the cinema these days 

Yeah I went for £9-10 too (IE. £10), would only want it for away games as would still attend all home games even with  a paid for stream available.

Went the one above, for away games only.

My lad is now 18, and away days are suddenly doubly expensive, will easily do a £100 even on short trips, the option to sit in the kitchen and watch for £10-£15 quid would be a decent substitute for midweek games we can't attend.

1 hour ago, David said:

Didn't say whether it was per game or per month or what.

35 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Didn't say whether it was per game or per month or what.

I just guessed it was per game, you'd like to think there would be some kind of discount if you paid for for bulk games or like Sky Sports on Now TV £6.99 for one day, £10.99 for a week, £33.99 for the month. Similar price structure would work for me. 

I didn't know what to put for price willing to pay for live streams.

For a home game I'd not want to pay because I'm there. Although I do watch it back on Ramsplayer 

For away games... obviously if I'm there then the same again. But an away day costs £70 minimum for us so for an away game to be streamed I'd pay £15- £20 happily.

I'd probably even pay a couple of hundred quid to have them all streamed over the season

But that would make me attend even less away games unless it's a "big game"

So yeah, if I put that I'm not willing to pay for home games it's not because I don't think it's poor value. It's a great idea

8 hours ago, David said:

The sites probably getting more traffic than usual making the servers throw a wobbler, mid way through doing the survey myself I opened a new tab to grab my fan id but wouldn't load for half hour or so, went back later and submitted fine. 

Your fan ID should be imprinted in your memory if you are worthy of a five year season ticket.

7 hours ago, David said:

Yeah I put the same. 

I would like streaming of away games. I don't like the idea for home games though as we wouldn't get the same amount of fans etc. Guess the same could be said about away games but a lot like me struggle with out transport etc. 

It appears Mel is asking theses questions for his rebellion against the EFL fair play to him. If he can get his own ideas across to other clubs and the Championship get there own payment from fans etc then all good especially if it goes back into the club.

It would appear to that Mel wants to get more championship on TV in England. Be that through selling games to SKY, BT or direct to fans I don't think he cares as long as the clubs get more.

at the end of the day Sky must see profit in championship football wh else have they replaced champions league with championship. Sky could of put bid BT but chose not to. 

Done. I assume that the club will monitor this thread (and those on other inferior sites) to see people's response. Just a couple of points I'd like to make about my answers:

Do you, or would you like to watch live games free but supported by sponsorship and advertising? - obviously I'd love to watch the games for free, but an awful lot would depend on what kind of advertising (every 2 minutes a message covers the whole of the screen would be a bit of a bummer).

Which social media services would you be most likely to watch a live game on? - I marked all of them. If I had to register for Facebook, instagram etc to be able to watch a game live I'd be registered within 5 minutes of hearing about the possibility. None would be my preferred method (something similar to Ramsplayer would be my first choice).

Lastly, what would you pay to be able to watch a game? - I put £5-8, because it's an amount that I could see myself paying on a fairly regular basis. I actually think that £10 would be a fair price but unfortunately my funds don't stretch to being able to pay that regularly (I'm earning little more than half what I was earning in England 20 years ago and haven't had a pay rise in the last 8 years due to the crisis over here).

Sorry if I've bored a few people but as I said, I'm sure someone from the club will be monitoring ?

I'm a cheapskate - I put a fiver for what I was prepared to pay. That's because there would be no bugger watching it. What I'd like to do is to record the games and play them back when I got back from the match (like the Gumps game).

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm a cheapskate - I put a fiver for what I was prepared to pay. That's because there would be no bugger watching it. What I'd like to do is to record the games and play them back when I got back from the match (like the Gumps game).

That's what I put too. If it was that sort of price I would buy the matches despite being at most of them (home and away) to watch when I get home. 

Although I have Ramsplayer I rarely watch the full game because by the time it is on there I am back in work and my head has already moved on to the next game.

I would pay the £10 for a match we couldn't get to and watch it at the time it is being played but you can't explain that in the options.

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's what I put too. If it was that sort of price I would buy the matches despite being at most of them (home and away) to watch when I get home. 

Although I have Ramsplayer I rarely watch the full game because by the time it is on there I am back in work and my head has already moved on to the next game.

I would pay the £10 for a match we couldn't get to and watch it at the time it is being played but you can't explain that in the options.

When I got RamsPlayer, I had visions of sitting down a few days later looking for the things I'd missed, spotting shape and pattern of play, etc.

In reality, I can't be arsed to watch a game I already know the result of, unless we've tonked someone!

I'd be more than happy to buy an away streaming ticket, especially if it worked abroad too, for around £300 a year.

Wouldn't stop me going away any more than I currently do, but would be a valuable addition to what I pay for currently.

Because I live in Australia, I would pay good money to watch every match live on TV or the internet. In fact, I do pay good money to watch any televised Derby match. I put 11-12 quid in the survey but I am starting to think I should have put more. 

I would really like to see the numbers behind the belief that televising games reduces attendances. Is there any evidence for this? What are the stats? 

I believe that going to the match is a very different experience to watching the game live on TV. You get to see the football and hear the crowds on TV, but you don't get to really experience the atmosphere of being there. If I lived in Derby, regardless of whether the games were televised, I would still go to the matches - IT IS AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE. This is why I think that have a bigger presence on TV/internet can only help Derby. The more people who see us on TV/internet, the more fans we would probably get. The more fans, the more potential match attendees and shirt buyers. 

As I said above. I would pay good money to have every match televised. Watching every match from down-under would be a dream. And it would certainly help me in my quest to indoctrinate as many of my family members into the Rams' family as possible (Although I'm doing an OK job of this so far - I write this as my two year old is singing 'Steve Bloomer's watching' to himself whilst playing Lego). 

On 22 December 2016 at 19:57, David said:

I went for the lowest option for home games because I have a season ticket so that service isn't relevant to me but for away games I figured 9-10 though in reality I'd probably pay up to 15 for a HIGH quality stream of An away game. Also none of this booollocks Sky go try where you can't connect your tablet to the TV. If we're paying a premium we should be able to connect to our TV. 

Also so hope everyone played along and chose the championship games when asked which you'd prefer to watch out of the 2 options given haha. 

14 hours ago, reveldevil said:

When I got RamsPlayer, I had visions of sitting down a few days later looking for the things I'd missed, spotting shape and pattern of play, etc.

In reality, I can't be arsed to watch a game I already know the result of, unless we've tonked someone!

I'd be more than happy to buy an away streaming ticket, especially if it worked abroad too, for around £300 a year.

Wouldn't stop me going away any more than I currently do, but would be a valuable addition to what I pay for currently.

I would play £100 for a 12 game package, I go to a few and a few are on sky anyway. 12 should cover the rest. 

Found it really difficult to answer "what's the most exciting game you've watched on TV?" question. I've been on this planet for 22 years and no game sprang to mind immediately.

Despite the fact I love the sport, I don't watch many games on TV - or at least, I don't make a habit of deliberately clearing 2 hours out of my day to watch a match that doesn't involve Derby. If I do, I'm probably more likely to watch two of our rivals in action than a Premier League game, unless it's a really big one.

Because I'm so ridiculously Derby-minded, I struggle to sit down for 90 minutes and watch other teams. I'd sooner watch 90 minutes of teletext updates for us away at Rotherham than the Champions League final in 4K HD if both were on at the same time.

Can't ever imagine forking out the money for Sky Sports on that basis. The way I enjoy watching non-Derby football the most is on MOTD which I get with my TV licence anyway. So yeah, I'd definitely lay down some cheddar to stream away games I can't get to.

Archived