Clough and Burton

Ramz64

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Irvine is that good. He battles for everything and he makes his mark physically. On the ball though I don't think he played well. Palmer, Murphy, Akins, Dyer, Naylor and Sordell all played very well. 

We've had games before where all the attention has been on Tom Ince and he's not done owt. 

I'm guessing Irvine is Burton's celeb player? A lot of you watch Burton more often though so...

I just think he's a Mick McCarthy kick, chase, head player from what little I've seen. A grafter.

I thought Burton did every bit as well in patches tonight as we did against Preston. Birmingham probably not as good a side.

Anyroad, I was impressed given the start they've had and the budget and the injury problems.

Saw it coming tonight though and had a piece at 23/10, on the strength of Nigel Clough's interview after the Hull game. He said he'd been pleased with the performance if obviously not the result. He used to get pelters for that here.

This was posted by a Sheffield Wednesday fan before their game against Burton.

See here for the full read, it's very funny.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/258483-official-matchday-thread-burton-1-1-sheffield-wednesday/

Now this is the bit I really like, it's a picture showing progression of Burton Albion under NC's stewardship. Even if you put the Derby and Sheff Utd years in there. He's left the team in a better position than he's found them pretty much every season in charge.

I love pictures like that cos they're tough to argue with. The facts are there for all to see.

image.png.8cdbd089b29a3b37afded3b0961bc9d5.png

On 25/08/2017 at 13:27, cannable said:

Jackson Irvine to Hull close. 

You'd hope they'd be savvy enough to get £5,000,000 or so for him, considering the whack they just received for his predecessor Clucas.

Release clause confirmed at  £1.2m.

On 04/01/2017 at 22:04, Rample said:

As for Burton I hope they go down. I've lived there about 15 years and they were my second team for years but I dislike Nigel with a passion. Even back to his previous Burton stint. Also been really annoyed by their fans moaning and badmouthing us. Was all pleasant interaction until this season and now suddenly they're turned into a bunch of nobwands. So for that reason aswell I hope they fail miserably and end up sliding back down to the conference now.

like that word "nobwands"

Good day for them, I liked both Moose and McCrorry but not sure they were ever going to be part of future plans. Getting Brayford at last is a coup,  Mutch is a player I would have thought well beyond their reach and Miller on a free adds attacking options.

10 hours ago, Rample said:

Good day for them, I liked both Moose and McCrorry but not sure they were ever going to be part of future plans. Getting Brayford at last is a coup,  Mutch is a player I would have thought well beyond their reach and Miller on a free adds attacking options.

Did I miss something Rample? I know he was strongly linked but didn't see we'd got it over the line. The lad we signed yesterday was the highly rated Jamie Allen from Rochdale.

I don't know how the loan system works this season, whether we can still get Mutch in on loan over the next day or so?

Just as interesting as who we DID sign, were a couple of players we tried to sign but clubs weren't ready to let go. If they come off in January they'll be belters.

A really good couple of windows for the Brewers, 12 or 13 in since the summer and looking like we've got strong options all over the park (maybe lacking that out and out goal scorer but hoping Mason/Sordell cover that gap).

Brayford coming back full time has given the whole place a real lift.

I might even have a sneaky flutter on us finishing within 6 points of Derby ;-)

13 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Did I miss something Rample? I know he was strongly linked but didn't see we'd got it over the line. The lad we signed yesterday was the highly rated Jamie Allen from Rochdale.

I don't know how the loan system works this season, whether we can still get Mutch in on loan over the next day or so?

Just as interesting as who we DID sign, were a couple of players we tried to sign but clubs weren't ready to let go. If they come off in January they'll be belters.

A really good couple of windows for the Brewers, 12 or 13 in since the summer and looking like we've got strong options all over the park (maybe lacking that out and out goal scorer but hoping Mason/Sordell cover that gap).

Brayford coming back full time has given the whole place a real lift.

I might even have a sneaky flutter on us finishing within 6 points of Derby ;-)

A true St Nigel believer would have a bet on Burton taking six points from Derby!

Archived