Clough and Burton

Ramz64

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

I care literally not a jot.

I've read through dozens and glanced probably around another 50 threads over the last few days, you know what I did with the ones I didn't care a jot about?

Once I realised it was a topic I had no interest in / couldn't offer an interesting opinion either way. I didn't post on it and stopped reading.

Easy.

Burton are very much like Burnley in the Premier League.

They'll be very competitive at home, but ultimately their inability to pick up points on the road will cost them.

I said at the start of the season that I predicted Burnley to pick up about five away points all season, and I wouldn't be surprised if they went through the whole campaign without an away win.

I think the same with Burton. They'll do well to pick up more than ten points all season on the road, and again it wouldn't surprise me if they fail to win a single game away.

Means Burton will have to win around 11 home games to have a chance of survival. I cant see it. They'll be competitive, battle hard, win some games at home but ultimately fall short.

7 hours ago, rynny said:

I wasn't his biggest fan at the end if his time here, and I do not like Burton or the the love they get from quite a few of I supporters (I am not knocking those fans as I understand it, it just galls on me but never try to say it out loud) but it is a ridiculous notion to even think that Clough will be sacked from Burton, it is the closest thing to a job for life most managers could dream of, good luck to him.

But I will end with a;

Burton. Clough.

giphy.gif

Amen brudda

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, David said:

Doesn't look too happy about it

Gives the Burton boo boys a bit of ammunition I suppose.

NC just got rid of Stuart Beavon, a real crowd favourite and he's replaced him with Luke Varney a 1 in 5 striker at best.

Marvin Sordell and Luke Varney wouldn't have been top of my list of strikers to sign to stop a shortage of goals.

Never really rated Varney so can't "fake" being pleased but I've got my fingers crossed he somehow cobbles together 4 or 5 goals between now and the end of the season.

I still think Burton will stay up but it's looking like it could be an arse nipping end to the season.

Just looked on Wiki to refresh my memory of him (thought he'd played more for us than he did). Anyway, the "style of play" bit made me chuckle. Not exactly a glowing reference...

Varney can play as a winger or a centre forward. Not naturally gifted with the ball at his feet, and lacking a decent first touch, balance and the ability to finish, his style of play generally involves winning headers and hassling opposition defenders to create openings for his strike partner. Simulation is also a big part of his game

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Just looked on Wiki to refresh my memory of him (thought he'd played more for us than he did). Anyway, the "style of play" bit made me chuckle. Not exactly a glowing reference...

Varney can play as a winger or a centre forward. Not naturally gifted with the ball at his feet, and lacking a decent first touch, balance and the ability to finish, his style of play generally involves winning headers and hassling opposition defenders to create openings for his strike partner. Simulation is also a big part of his game

Did it have a notice above it saying "This entry reads like an advertisement"

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Because he heard the Burton fans don't rate him any better than a 1 in 5 striker.I seem to remember Clough didn't rate him at Derby?

Didn't rate him or couldn't afford/didn't want to pay the "add on" for his appearance clause?

He's managed to keep his career going at Championship level despite not getting many goals so he must have something about him and even an ex Derby reject is better than having nobody to bring off the bench.

Someone pointed a stat out to me yesterday which sums up the Brewer season so far, up to the 77th minute of the games this season the score would be 21-21, after 78 minutes it's 13-5 against.

Watching them as closely as I do it's not only a fitness issue, with the 11 on the pitch being knackered,  it's as well that he has very few options to change the game outside of the first 12-13 players. The first choice 11 is good enough to stay up IF they were all fit and suspension free, the bench /squad is falling a bit short.

1 hour ago, MrsRam said:

Did he score against us once? Typical that. 

Scored an absolute belter against us for Ipswich

Looks a far better player now than when with us (maybe not saying much) - seems to have bulked up and looks far more aggressive and athletic playing for Ipswich than in our day

This looks a great signing for them

Sorry, forgot what I was originally thinking about this thread. Quite like Burton, fantastic achievement and its nice to have a close neighbour we have no ill feeling towards. 

But it will be really lovely to rub Nigel's face in it when he comes to our place soon. 

21 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Scored an absolute belter against us for Ipswich

Looks a far better player now than when with us (maybe not saying much) - seems to have bulked up and looks far more aggressive and athletic playing for Ipswich than in our day

This looks a great signing for them

Sorry, forgot what I was originally thinking about this thread. Quite like Burton, fantastic achievement and its nice to have a close neighbour we have no ill feeling towards. 

But it will be really lovely to rub Nigel's face in it when he comes to our place soon. 

I'm not too sure about him getting his faced rubbed in it, in fact it'll likely be the other way around and Nige will end up "trolling" the Derby fans again, he'll throw out a comment about budget (and he'll be right) he'll throw out a comment about the money men having no idea (and he'll be right) he'll throw out a comment about the fact Burton shouldn't be on the same pitch in a league fixture (and he'll be right). He'll throw in a comment about 40 million quid spent and STILL in the same division (and he'll be right)  he'll probably throw in a comment about the 1-0 win at the Pirelli and this forum and 99.5% of it's posters will get themselves all in a tizzy over nothing but him stating facts.

I'm really looking forward to it, anything less than a 3-0 drubbing will be a poor result for the expensively assembled Rams ;-)

8 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'm not too sure about him getting his faced rubbed in it, in fact it'll likely be the other way around and Nige will end up "trolling" the Derby fans again, he'll throw out a comment about budget (and he'll be right) he'll throw out a comment about the money men having no idea (and he'll be right) he'll throw out a comment about the fact Burton shouldn't be on the same pitch in a league fixture (and he'll be right). He'll throw in a comment about 40 million quid spent and STILL in the same division (and he'll be right)  he'll probably throw in a comment about the 1-0 win at the Pirelli and this forum and 99.5% of it's posters will get themselves all in a tizzy over nothing but him stating facts.

I'm really looking forward to it, anything less than a 3-0 drubbing will be a poor result for the expensively assembled Rams ;-)

I would really love to but I can't find anything to disagree about this !!

Archived