Was Brian Clough more of derby fan or a forest fan? And what about the clough family?

CLOUGH1971-72

8 hours ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

- in what way is my mind warped? Am I the poster who bitterly down plays the role of Derby county's greatest hero/all time legend? And probably in most people's top 3 greatest managers Ever. I think he's clearly the greatest manager of all times and I don't think there's much argument about it. Brian Clough is footballs version of Muhammad Ali. 

- Derby county is special because it's won a league championship in one of the strongest eras ever! The early 70s had Derby Leeds Liverpool Man City and man united who were all time great club sides, all strong at the same time . Not many clubs in England won the league title in such dramatic fashion and with such great players like Todd and McFarland.

- why would winning the league title stop any club getting relegated? Manchester United won the European cup 10 years after the Munich plane crash and that was what made them a special club but they still got relegated in 73. 

- the reason Derby got relagated to the 3rd division was mismanagement from directors and memebers of the board. Something that's happened to the club for large parts of the last 50 years. 

- so Brian clough didn't have Derby at heart? Yet in several interviews on YouTube, newspaper articles and his 2 autobiographys said derby was his biggest regret in his life was leaving Derby. He also lived in Derby for 50 years and must have had plenty of chances to leave the city but didn't. The man use to run the club from top to bottom and did things like sweeping the terraces and cleared snow off the pitch.

- Brian clough didn't turn his back on Derby county. He was forced out by people like Sam longson. Clough was stopped running the club how he wanted to. Sam longson cost us the chance to win 2 European cups like forest did. 

- you say (his achievements were good, granted). Dear oh dear mostyn6 you sound seriously bitter. Does it hurt you to say that?

- the state that we were in when he took over was dire my friend. Some of the players were part time and use to play cricket instead of pre season games lol. I can't see any manager in derby county's history repeating Clough feats. They haven't so far. 

- I didn't ever say winning the league under Clough or Makay now gave us any favours or advantage. Like most of your comments in your post I'm afraid what you say has no real meaning or foundation. 

-  even comparing cox Davis and smiths achievements to Brian Cloughs makes you sound pathetic really. You've really showed yourself you to be uninformed about the football club you support. Embarrassing really. 

- the money Clough spent at Derby was mainly on bargain buys like his first signing john o'hare and his second signing Roy McFarland also Alan Hinton, McGovern, gemmill, carlin, roger Davis and john robson to name a few. The only big money he spent was on David McKay, Colin Todd and David Nash. Not bad deals really were they? Also Todd and nish were signed after Derby had already had success so clough earned the money he spent. He did the same at forest. Spent big money after he'd already had success. 

- to say cloughs legacy at Derby was financial ruin really somes up your comments. Derby county were in the best shape on and off the pitch we have ever been in! We were set to dominate like Liverpool went on to do. When Clough left the average age of the side was 23. Perfect. They were 2nd in the league when he left. 

I replied to what you had to say here mostyn6 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

no bitterness on my part duck. 

You can't spiel off your rose-tinted memories as fact and when someone who wasn't alive at the time gives a counter opinion react by sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "la la la, I'm not listening!".

Clough turned his back on Derby. He did that for personal gain. END OF....

He resigned yes, he then got a job elsewhere. Yes. For personal gain. He may of benefited. However if his achievements with us are irrelevant to how you view him because you don't remember it having not been alive  then so to must how he left for the same reason.

12 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

I replied to what you had to say here mostyn6 

yes I know. Like I said "la la la... I'm not listening!"

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

He resigned yes, he then got a job elsewhere. Yes. For personal gain. He may of benefited. However if his achievements with us are irrelevant to how you view him because you don't remember it having not been alive  then so to must how he left for the same reason.

he was 100% Forest, that's why.

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

So the best reply you have to my long reply to your post is to say 

"La la la I'm not listening" 

okay i owned you in this thread didn't I ?

Learn about the history of the club you support before you post bitter things. Just abit of advice pal

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

In your lifetime yes, and you say his time with us was irrelevant because of that. Then you hypocritically use the way he left us in a reply. You can't pick and choose which bits of history from before your lifetime to use. If one bit is irrelevant to your thinking it all has to be. Unless of course you are merely seeking attention and trying to make the thread all about you.

6 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

So the best reply you have to my long reply to your post is to say 

"La la la I'm not listening" 

okay i owned you in this thread didn't I ?

Learn about the history of the club you support before you post bitter things. Just abit of advice pal

I gave a couple of lengthy replies, I could give responses to your large post pointing out how much is your misty eyed opinion and not fact. You've taken my opinion and memories of Brian Clough, and twisted them into me being bitter, when in fact, I have none whatsoever. Brian Clough was a genius, and a legend. He knew more about people, and man-management than 99.99% of the world. He had an unbelievably perceptive persona and was a leader of all men and would have been in ANY walk of life. That is MY opinion based on the collection of Brian Clough books I have read, the books I have read which refer to him, the documentaries I have watched and listened to, and what the 'honours' list tells me. But I also know Alex Ferguson is a genius, same with Jose Mourinho and others. 

What you are saying effectively, is that I must love him cos he had a connection with Derby. Well, no. I don't love him. He HURT Derby County. He betrayed us. Whether before my lifetime or not. 

Was he a nice person? He didn't seem it. He punched people, he was equally aggressive and arrogant as he was enigmatic and charismatic. He treated some people abysmally. 

If you think "owning" someone is a thing... good for you. But I know my history... all sides. Stick your advice Pal. x

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

In your lifetime yes, and you say his time with us was irrelevant because of that. Then you hypocritically use the way he left us in a reply. You can't pick and choose which bits of history from before your lifetime to use. If one bit is irrelevant to your thinking it all has to be. Unless of course you are merely seeking attention and trying to make the thread all about you.

stop picking and choosing my responses Dav. Go back and read what I am responding to or leave me alone.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

stop picking and choosing my responses Dav. Go back and read what I am responding to or leave me alone.

I'm not picking and choosing your posts. You make comment about his time being irrelevant to you in one post and then in another you decide how he left us is relevant. Two posts which are linked because they are part of a discussion about your opinion of Brian Clough.

19 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I'm not picking and choosing your posts. You make comment about his time being irrelevant to you in one post and then in another you decide how he left us is relevant. Two posts which are linked because they are part of a discussion about your opinion of Brian Clough.

Mostyn6 seems to have a problem with tge truth doesn't he? 

13 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

no bitterness on my part duck. 

You can't spiel off your rose-tinted memories as fact and when someone who wasn't alive at the time gives a counter opinion react by sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "la la la, I'm not listening!".

Clough turned his back on Derby. He did that for personal gain. END OF....

He didn't have a job lined up when he resigned Mostyn.

Was his personal gain putting himself on the dole queue?

2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

He didn't have a job lined up when he resigned Mostyn.

Was his personal gain putting himself on the dole queue?

I didn't realise he claimed dole money. He went in to that boardroom, made unreasonable demands (for his OWN gain), backed them up with an ultimatum. Resigned because they wouldn't bend over for him.

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I didn't realise he claimed dole money. He went in to that boardroom, made unreasonable demands (for his OWN gain), backed them up with an ultimatum. Resigned because they wouldn't bend over for him.

That's totally wrong. They left over jack Kirklands finger pointing at peter Taylor in the old Trafford boardroom. Kirkland and longson questioned peter Taylor's role at the club. That's the truth. 

What were these unreasonable demands mostyn6?

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

UTTER RUBBISH AND COMPLETE NONSENSE.

Archived