Jordan Rhodes - Signed for Sheff Wed

Animal is a Ram

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

"Does nothing but score goals" - :p isn't that what you need to win games? 

We should go for Ighalo on loan if we are so content on bringing a striker in. Barely starting at Watford, needs a new challenge to get going again and reunited with his mates Vydra and Anya.

id kill for ighalo, but are we being realistic?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I don't think I would spend 9 mill on him but his scoring record in the Championship speaks for itself. Someone who can nick a goal in close, tight games is always useful to have. I reckon he might well have put away the 3 or 4 gilt-edged chances that Vydra has missed over the last couple of months...

Who's to say Rhodes gets in the position that Vydra was in?

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

My issue would be that we aren't currently creating hateful of chances which the CF isn't then converting.

Our current situation is that we are carving out wins based on graft and good defending.

Rhodes relies on good service into the box but does little else.

He won't put in the effort that Vydra and Bent show.

This would leave us with three players up front who largely wait for things to happen and put pressure on the remaining 8.

We created loads of chances against wolves and Rotherham. Should have scored 6 in both games. A lot fewer against Norwich, as you would expect. I don't really think we are that well blessed with goalscorers with martin gifted to fulham and bent injured. Not sure that Rhodes is the answer unless we can get him maybe on loan. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Not for me, not the sort we need and there is a reason bora do not want him, would they like to tell us?

Not being Premiership standard probably, but would score a shed load in this league. Villa most likely as cover for Kodjia when he disappears for the African nations cup. 

Players don't come with guaranteed goals. 

If we need a striker to help drop in and create chances then is Rhodes that man?

If not then he's not going to score.

We've got a good Champ striker that's struggling to find his role

Goalscorers who dont contribute apart from put away a cross are a dieing breed.

We dont all play 4-4-2 with wingers crossing hopeful balls into the box now do we?

i thought it was a strange one when Boro spend so much on him, wasnt surprised at all to see him getting no game time at all in the premiership.

5 hours ago, Ram79 said:

Quite surprised how many people don't want him he scores **** loads for ***** sake! 

Because if anything has been learnt over the last 2 years is that it doesn't matter how good a player is if they do not fit into the style and tactics of the current team and set up.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Because if anything has been learnt over the last 2 years is that it doesn't matter how good a player is if they do not fit into the style and tactics of the current team and set up.

If anything has been learnt over the last 2 months, it's that with the right coaching, advice and players around them, players are capable of adapting.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

If anything has been learnt over the last 2 months, it's that with the right coaching, advice and players around them, players are capable of adapting.

Not all players are capable of adapting though.

Why would we spend £9-10m on a player then change the way he has played all his career, to a certain degree of success, and hope that he will be able to still continue with his previous scoring record. 

He's without question the best finisher I've ever seen at this level. I don't buy the fact that he offers nothing else, either. 

He's not a complete forward, and he probably won't create a great deal for those around him, but he's the Championship's version of Ruud van Nistelrooy. He's a decent footballer and not incapable of producing for the team, it's just not the strongest part of his game. 

91 goals in 189 Championship appearances tells it's own story. I think you have to take into account that he's almost ever-present, too. He's hardly ever injured and his goalscoring record is consistent - he rarely goes four/five games without scoring. 

I would prefer a Shane Long type player; someone who offers everything and is a class above. However, I wouldn't be so dismissive if we signed Rhodes.

Archived