The return of the Mac so far.....

toddy

I cannot believe how much we have changed as a side since the return of the Mac, playing some great football, clean sheets, scoring goals and winning games when not playing well [ the sign of a good team on the up].

Since Mac's 1st game on the 14th October, no manager in the championship as gained more pts than Mac to date -

Played 8  - Won 6 Drawn 1 lost 1

19 pts from 24  this is absolutely fantastic, nobody would have thought back in early October we would have the Return of the Mac and go on such a fantastic run and playing great footie as well. :thumbsup:  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally wish I could post the video to Retuen of the Mac on here. I do have it downloaded though and shall be giving it large in the motor during this week..... Perhaps one of our more gifted IT experts can oblige...... I know I'm not very good with computer stuff :unsure:

51 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I personally wish he never left.

But let's embrace the return and hopefully get where we belong.

Personally think if he hadn't of left before we wouldn't be where we are. The fans turned on him too much to be salvaged. His return has been accepted so well because of a mix of desperation for decent football and sentiment I think. That's not to say it wasn't a masterstroke from Mel Morris though....

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

I personally wish I could post the video to Retuen of the Mac on here. I do have it downloaded though and shall be giving it large in the motor during this week..... Perhaps one of our more gifted IT experts can oblige...... I know I'm not very good with computer stuff :unsure:

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I personally wish he never left.

But let's embrace the return and hopefully get where we belong.

I think sacking Mac, allowing him to go to Newcastle and fail and then Morris getting his wish of a young huge potential manager in Clement and failing is the best thing that could have happened to Derby.

Mac now feels honoured to be back at Derby, surely his last chance saloon, and we are honoured to have him back playing his brand of football.

We all learnt the grass isn't so greener on the other side.

59 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think sacking Mac, allowing him to go to Newcastle and fail and then Morris getting his wish of a young huge potential manager in Clement and failing is the best thing that could have happened to Derby.

Mac now feels honoured to be back at Derby, surely his last chance saloon, and we are honoured to have him back playing his brand of football.

Wasn't that the same last time he joined us though? His reputation was in tatters last time and was coaching at QPR.

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Personally think if he hadn't of left before we wouldn't be where we are. The fans turned on him too much to be salvaged. His return has been accepted so well because of a mix of desperation for decent football and sentiment I think. That's not to say it wasn't a masterstroke from Mel Morris though....

Don't lump me in with the boo-boys.

6 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I just hope the stats read on Sunday at 2pm

Played 9  - Won 7 Drawn 1 lost 1

I can actually see us keeping a clean sheet and that is after they miss 6 penalties and we are down to 5 men.

"We only had 5 men" has got a great ring to it.

But being a total pedant .. A team must have a minimum of 7 players on the pitch for the game to continue. A 5th dismissal would result in the game being abandoned and the points being given to the other side.

28 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Think it's safe to safe the majority of fans turned after the end of that season, may that be because of the failure to reach the playoffs or macs unwillingness to put the Newcastle rumours to bed 

I was incredibly vitriolic towards McClaren (me, vitriolic ... imagine that!) at the time of his exit, however, became very excited when murmurings began of his return.

The fans essentially turned, due to feelings of utter disappointment. We all knew what we were on the cusp of.

All, it would appear, has been forgiven now though.

4 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

Mick Hartford..... Legend :D

43 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

I was incredibly vitriolic towards McClaren (me, vitriolic ... imagine that!) at the time of his exit, however, became very excited when murmurings began of his return.

The fans essentially turned, due to feelings of utter disappointment. We all knew what we were on the cusp of.

All, it would appear, has been forgiven now though.

McClaren made a mistake.

Mel made a mistake.

The fans made a mistake.

We have a second chance - we should all be grateful for that.

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I heard someone shagged someone, so Mel Gibson brought Mac back to help make the wives feel loved again, and not just a peice of meat. 

Archived