who does everyone want in fa cup

B4ev6is

44 minutes ago, jono said:

If you want to win the FA cup you are going to meet a big name somewhere so as I want to stay in to the last game .. I want to start with cannon fodder .. At home. Lots of goals, chances to blood younger players and lots of chances to sing que sera sera !

( PS despite a reasonable eduction I am a very simple man in football terms  ! ) 

Take your point but Carlisle drew 1-1 at Pride Park earlier this season and Grimsby could have got a draw too.

IMO cannon fodder would be lower half NL teams and below I think it's safe to say otherwise any club could well give us a game.

Port Vale away would be good. Big enough ground and nice journey across the tops for me but personally I want Accrington away.

No doubt we'll get some uninspiring Prem club like Palace or Watford. I'd rather pay to watch a full strength Accrington side giving it a go than half a team of kids from Prem clubs not interested.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Take your point but Carlisle drew 1-1 at Pride Park earlier this season and Grimsby could have got a draw too.

IMO cannon fodder would be lower half NL teams and below I think it's safe to say otherwise any club could well give us a game.

Port Vale away would be good. Big enough ground and nice journey across the tops for me but personally I want Accrington away.

No doubt we'll get some uninspiring Prem club like Palace or Watford. I'd rather pay to watch a full strength Accrington side giving it a go than half a team of kids from Prem clubs not interested.

TBH Tony I was a bit tongue in cheek. Cannon fodder never is in the cup .. Which is why it's so wonderful. Can't remember who my nephews team (Luton) were playing from NL yesterday but 2-0 down at half time .. Kicked their own xxxxx and won 6-2. ... And our Carlisly game ? Yep .. They took us all the way and deserved to

.. But while you'll be unlikely to smash a fellow champ team or a PL team by a margin there is always that frisson of .just maybe against a lower league team . Yeahhhhhh lets have a goal fest and be thoroughly powerful just for one day. ( all mixed up with the possibility of being embarrassed in the opposite direction of course ! ... It's the cup .. Love it ! ) 

I wanted Cheltenham, either home or away, because I've been getting on well with my girlfriends parents for far too long. I felt it was time we had a football match to weaken the good relationship. Battering them 5-0 at their World of Smile Stadium (yeah, you thought iPro was bad??...) would probably have done it. Sadly they lost to Sutton United last night so it seems we'll just have to have a happy festive period where we're all in good spirits with each other. Bleugh.

Think now I just want a cheap home tie to go to. Can't be arsed with an away trip or a big Prem side at home. Just want a small fry team for £10 a ticket.

34 minutes ago, angieram said:

I love the FA Cup and it seems a while since we had a really good cup run so I would like anyone from League One down, home or away - providing they are not too distant from Derby. 

To Be fair, nothing is too far from Derby.

I love the cup but no doubt we will get the usual, play the kids crap... Winds me up no end.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

I wanted Cheltenham, either home or away, because I've been getting on well with my girlfriends parents for far too long. I felt it was time we had a football match to weaken the good relationship. Battering them 5-0 at their World of Smile Stadium (yeah, you thought iPro was bad??...) would probably have done it. Sadly they lost to Sutton United last night so it seems we'll just have to have a happy festive period where we're all in good spirits with each other. Bleugh.

Think now I just want a cheap home tie to go to. Can't be arsed with an away trip or a big Prem side at home. Just want a small fry team for £10 a ticket.

You could always ask the mum if your girlfriends predilection for anal is hereditary whilst she's passing the sprouts, if family peace bothers you that much?

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

I was surprised the robins lost that game to Sutton who are only just consolidating in the NL after getting promoted last season.

Cheltenham is a superb, friendly little club. Been a few times to Whaddon Road (or world of smiles :)) and always had a great day out. Great working mans club next to the ground and the bloke who takes your cash for parking in there is a yorkie like me!

one occasion I left my programme in the away end and rang them on the Monday asking if I could buy another and they told me it was fine, they'd send one out to me completely free of charge and wouldn't hear of me paying for it even though it was my fault.

I must admit I was surprised but pleasantly so. Glad they came back up to the football league at the first time of asking.

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

You could always ask the mum if your girlfriends predilection for anal is hereditary whilst she's passing the sprouts, if family peace bothers you that much?

I did slag off the sport of Rugby last time I was there, which is a big no-no in Gloucestershire, but it didn't seem to do the trick. Maybe it's time to step it up, you might be right. 

12 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I was surprised the robins lost that game to Sutton who are only just consolidating in the NL after getting promoted last season.

Cheltenham is a superb, friendly little club. Been a few times to Whaddon Road (or world of smiles :)) and always had a great day out. Great working mans club next to the ground and the bloke who takes your cash for parking in there is a yorkie like me!

one occasion I left my programme in the away end and rang them on the Monday asking if I could buy another and they told me it was fine, they'd send one out to me completely free of charge and wouldn't hear of me paying for it even though it was my fault.

I must admit I was surprised but pleasantly so. Glad they came back up to the football league at the first time of asking.

I've still not been there, it's one of those things I'll probably do at some stage and I suppose a cup draw would have been a good opportunity really. I kept up with their score, they got done with a last minute goal. Kick in the teeth, and as you say against lower opposition. Hoping they can stay up in League Two but I've not heard good things from those who've been watching them this season. 

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I did slag off the sport of Rugby last time I was there, which is a big no-no in Gloucestershire, but it didn't seem to do the trick. Maybe it's time to step it up, you might be right. 

Ask them if a friend can park on their drive, for free, during the Cheltenham festival.

That should do it!

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

To Be fair, nothing is too far from Derby.

I love the cup but no doubt we will get the usual, play the kids crap... Winds me up no end.

I don't hold with putting out a second team but trying a couple of "nearly there's" is absolutely the right thing to do especially if oposition is a league or more below. .. You have to open a door at some point. 

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

How the fook did you know about Tombo's girlfriends predilection? I thought he'd only told me!

Did he show you the pictures as well?

Archived