Derby County vs Notts Forest - matchday thread.

Rev

Henri Lansbury - cockwomble or not?  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Derby County vs Nottingham Forest, Pride  Park Stadium, 11th December 2016, 12(!) Pm kick off.

The biggest, fiercest, most important Derby in world football returns on Sunday, it's just a shame it kicks off at the sort of time I normally roll out of bed on a Sunday.

Can we make it 6 wins on the spin, and in the process stop Forest's own run of wins, which were assisted chiefly by inept opposition and friendly refs?

I'll be honest, I hate this game and it's build up, it's normally a crap game consisting of 22 players trying to kick each other as hard as possible for 90 minutes, which is understandable when it comes to Henri Lansbury, but doesn't normally make for a great spectacle.

Early opening breakfast and pint recommendations most welcome!

Finally, I think its only fair we send Fatwaz out in the most fitting way possible, he's been the best Forest chairman a Derby fan could wish for, I'll certainly miss him.

Fawaz is a plumber,
He drives a plumbers van,
He bought Nottingham Forest
And said he had a plan.

To lead them into Europe,
Restored amongst the greats,
But when he came to Derby,
We nicked his number plates.

Last chance to sing this!

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Derby County vs Nottingham Forest, Pride  Park Stadium, 11th December 2016, 12(!) Pm kick off.

The biggest, fiercest, most important Derby in world football returns on Sunday, it's just a shame it kicks off at the sort of time I normally roll out of bed on a Sunday.

Can we make it 6 wins on the spin, and in the process stop Forest's own run of wins, which were assisted chiefly by inept opposition and friendly refs?

I'll be honest, I hate this game and it's build up, it's normally a crap game consisting of 22 players trying to kick each other as hard as possible for 90 minutes, which is understandable when it comes to Henri Lansbury, but doesn't normally make for a great spectacle.

Early opening breakfast and pint recommendations most welcome!

Finally, I think its only fair we send Fatwaz out in the most fitting way possible, he's been the best Forest chairman a Derby fan could wish for, I'll certainly miss him.

Fawaz is a plumber,
He drives a plumbers van,
He bought Nottingham Forest
And said he had a plan.

To lead them into Europe,
Restored amongst the greats,
But when he came to Derby,
We nicked his number plates.

Last chance to sing this!

Cyx-JneWgAEuNgy.jpg

Midday on a Sunday is a really terrible time to play football. It's one of the things that makes these rubbish games, but I hope we work in training all week to peak to have peak intensity between 12 noon and 2pm.

I also hope that whoever refs the game is well aware of the nasty piece of work that is Lansbury, but the vote's stil tough. He does have sh*te hair and thinks he's way better than he actually is. Is he really the biggest cockwomble of recent times? I think that might be giving him too much credit.

A win's important to stop their progress up the table and to maintain our own momentum. There are a lot of teams who think they can/will make the playoffs and we need to keep winning to begin to assert ourselves over the rest of the division. Massive frustration with Bent today for announcing this morning that he wasn't playing. Some footballers really are intellectually challenged. For me that's so unprofessional I wouldn't start him even if he is fit. Hope Lowe has recovered. When you've grown up the club you really know how important this game is to the fans.

Five in a row has been awesome, but we're still not firing on all cylinders. If this is the match when it finally clicks and we start taking chances, there'll be a lot of happy Rams.

My first Rams v Florist game ever so don't really know what to expect other than a sell out and vibrant atmosphere.

Do you get loads of trouble at pride park for these games or is it generally ok. Ok for kids to go I mean?

Hopefully we can get the win. From what I've seen of Forest I certainly believe our squad is far better and that should be enough.

I've seen a bit of the young lad Cash they have in defence and he can be got at. He has potential but his naivety and inexperience can be exploited if he gets the nod to start. Saw his attempt at recovery having lost posession for Newcastle's goal the other night and to say it was half hearted powder puff is an understatement. He's just a youngster though and looks promising.

Hope Bendtner comes on so I can have a bit of a chuckle.

They are generally OK Tony. There is the odd incident but its not usually large scale and most just want to enjoy the game. These games are well policed and whilst you can't legislate for every nutter, the times I've been to this fixture I've found it passionate but never sensed a problem.

I once had to come over on the train from Nottingham (keeping colors hid). Was a bit nervous, but I licked the window a few times to blend in. 

Went to it at their place once and I don't think there was anything major. 

Hate these games lets be honest forest are s*** at the best of times but they sometimes find an extra gear against us because its there cup final... just like its burtons when we played them 

i think we'll do them on this occasion 

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I say we beat the red scum 4-0 to derby ramming down there throuts on sunday bring the red scum.

I hate nottingham

Come on you rams

I'm with u bro 

quite simply, my life either becomes a fantastic beautiful dream that I never want to wake up from or it turns into a living nightmare.

i can't stand them, literally can't stand them.

id luv it if we smashed them again, luv it

my heart literally doesn't stop thumping against my rib cage from about 10 mins before kick off til that final whistle blows, I swear it's how I'm going to go,

fyi if i do croak it this weekend, just Remember me as he guy that hated forest that much his poor old heart just couldn't take it,

I don't want anything fancy just a minutes applause on 7, 39 and 77 minutes will do and for sir jake to scatter my ashes over the hallow turf at the next game. 

come on you mother fx£&!?ng rams !!!!

Oh and Henry Lansbury is a ginormous cockwomble, it's hard to distinguish him though as he just follows in a line of them at forest

Reid, Earnshaw,Chris sausageer, Alan 'little fat sh"t' rogers, The list is endless  

but let's be honest the biggest, without doubt is Kenny burns, what an absolute, total, utter A1 A hole, 

8 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

My first Rams v Florist game ever so don't really know what to expect other than a sell out and vibrant atmosphere.

Do you get loads of trouble at pride park for these games or is it generally ok. Ok for kids to go I mean?

Hopefully we can get the win. From what I've seen of Forest I certainly believe our squad is far better and that should be enough.

I've seen a bit of the young lad Cash they have in defence and he can be got at. He has potential but his naivety and inexperience can be exploited if he gets the nod to start. Saw his attempt at recovery having lost posession for Newcastle's goal the other night and to say it was half hearted powder puff is an understatement. He's just a youngster though and looks promising.

Hope Bendtner comes on so I can have a bit of a chuckle.

Nothing to worry about Tony. It's generally a passionate "Derby" but on the whole good natured. I have taken both my lads to this home and away since very young, with no problems. Leicester on the other hand, I would avoid with kids especially away. Horrible atmosphere, let's hope we pass them come seasons end

Yeah, I've had trouble once at these games and that was at the city ground. 

Leicester and Birmingham on the other hand I've seen and had trouble more times than I haven't. 

Forest games are policed very well and you only get trouble if you look for it. 

The problem with losing this fixture is that I just can't be objective about it. I can't see things as they really are. Every tackle they make I will be berating the ref, every challenge anywhere near the box will be a penalty and they will be kicking lumps out of us. It's horrible 

Having seen them on the tv recently they do have some dangerous forward thinking players. Battles need to be won BJ-Lansbury , Baird-Osbourne, Pearce-Assombalonga. Keep that lot away from our goal and I can see us sneaking one in at the other end. 

Unlike most of their supporters I'm not reading much into them beating a 9 man Newcastle team. 

Archived