Players you forgot they played for us

rynny

13 hours ago, Gritters said:

Esteban Fuertes looked a good player then wasn't allowed back into the country because he had a fake passport. Scored against Everton played about 8 games for us.

The Fuertes debacle actually killed us. He was looking lethal as far as I could remember, natural finisher. Ended up playing back in Argentina and scored about 500 goals a season for the rest of his career. Just a shame about the passport made out of plasticine. :-)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

One that came up in the Telegraph's 'Where Are They Now' section was Simo Valikiari ... I had completely forgotten him, at the time, I thought he looked very useful indeed.

Valakari...which translates to Oath Skerry.

Stick on the forum and you'll get reminder of him every now and then... :whistle:

2 minutes ago, CumbriaRam said:

Simo Johannes Valakari (born 28 April 1973) is a Finnish former footballer and the current manager of Seinäjoen Jalkapallokerho.     There's a club name and a half :)

since i was young - i followed the Jalkapallokerho......

17 hours ago, Gritters said:

Esteban Fuertes looked a good player then wasn't allowed back into the country because he had a fake passport. Scored against Everton played about 8 games for us.

The only game I saw that season as I had moved to Cumbria ....and still to date the only Ram's game my wife (was girlfriend at the time) has ever attended. #Iwastheremoment

4 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Couple from the mid to late Eighties - Floyd Streete, Micky Thomas, Dick Pratley, Brian McCord, John Cheidozie and Jon Davidson.

We were actually quite unlucky with Chiedoze, was a bloody useful little winger ... didn't he wreck his knee in the 88-89 season? Don't think he ever played again.

26 minutes ago, CumbriaRam said:

Simo Johannes Valakari (born 28 April 1973) is a Finnish former footballer and the current manager of Seinäjoen Jalkapallokerho.     There's a club name and a half :)

<<on the terraces>> 

'Give us an S ... !! give us an E ... !! ... give us an ...oh sod it I can't be bothered' :-) :-) 

On 03/12/2016 at 13:03, RamNut said:

Wayne richards, frank gamble, graham harbey, ian feuer, andy crawford, tony reid, steve spooner, steve mcclaren, david linighan, david penney, billy hughes, dave watson, john mcalle, john richards, trevor whymark, david webb, keith osgood, aiden mcaffery, paul bartlett, colin chesters, john duncan, brian attley, steve carter, paul hooks, paul richardson, kevin taylor, jonathan clark, lewis hunt, brett angel, kevin cooper, ian dalziel, fran o'brien, adam legzdins, andy hill, jon macken, tony macken, vas borbokis, con blatsis.........

i can't remember any of them.

Ian Dalziel scored an absolute belter v Rotherham in 1982, can't forget that one!

Archived