Callum Paterson

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angieram said:

Another pic. 

Blimey, there's nothing subtle about scouting nowadays. Here I am, in my Derby County branded coat, sitting in a bank of empty seats in front of the only guy with a camera.

In Peter Taylor's day he used to stand on the terraces with a flat cap pulled down around his ears.

Mind you Chris Evans might be somewhere else tonight...............

49 minutes ago, Waffle said:

Bit of a swear word on here, but he's a friend and former team mate of Conor Doyle. Stay clear ?

If we still have his mobile number on file maybe Mac can ring him up and grill him about Kitchen. One thing's for sure, as Hearts captain, he'll have plenty of experience of preparing Sammon before games.

7 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Blimey, there's nothing subtle about scouting nowadays. Here I am, in my Derby County branded coat, sitting in a bank of empty seats in front of the only guy with a camera.

In Peter Taylor's day he used to stand on the terraces with a flat cap pulled down around his ears.

Mind you Chris Evans might be somewhere else tonight...............

8 hours ago, rynny said:

Or not...

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

H's also apparently there to watch Perry Kitchen play as well?

Did you think I'd let that one sink without trace?

Apparently (according to a single twitter post) that young chap with them is Morris' step-son. 

Nothing wrong with that if it is true 'course, just like to put names (or in this case general identities) to faces.

Interesting one, full back who has been a forward with a decent goal return available at a decent price and Scottish looking for an oppourtunity - sounds too good to be true. Also highlights that Christie may be sold if he does not extend his contract by the end of January injured or not.

15 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

So, we have the first choice Scottish right back for the England vs Scotland game already, but choose not to pay him there and are instead looking at buying his understudy? Do feel a bit sorry for Anya.

So you are saying we bought Anya to Derby to fill the right back position????

Can't help to bring in an understudy to nurture can it?

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

So, we have the first choice Scottish right back for the England vs Scotland game already, but choose not to pay him there and are instead looking at buying his understudy? Do feel a bit sorry for Anya.

I wouldn't be too concerned about that - after all it was Strachans' choice so it doesn't mean that much.

46 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Anya is here as a winger. The reason that Baird is in over him is clearly because McClaren believes we need a recognised defender in that position. Hence why we're also looking at Paterson. Scotland and Derby are not the same and do not play the same. McClaren and Strachan are not the same and do not play the same.

Don't feel sorry for Anya. We're winning games and playing well. And Baird has been good for that too. I'm sure Anya understands.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Anya is here as a winger. The reason that Baird is in over him is clearly because McClaren believes we need a recognised defender in that position. Hence why we're also looking at Paterson. Scotland and Derby are not the same and do not play the same. McClaren and Strachan are not the same and do not play the same.

Don't feel sorry for Anya. We're winning games and playing well. And Baird has been good for that too. I'm sure Anya understands.

You see I think that's a peculiar statement. When we bought him, because he's played as a fulback/wingback so much of the time I thought he'd definitely give Christie a run for his money and may well be the better option. If we have a known attacking full back on our books, surely it's illogical to only consider him for one of his other positions? It's not just Strachan who plays him at wingback - that was his position at Watford.

If you have an established player who has won promotion from this league in a position and represented his country in that position, but you choose not to consider him for it so that you can bloat the squad and bring in someone else, you're not being very bright. But then Derby's recruitment policy isn't exactly legendary.

Archived