Wigan vs Derby - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Been away all weekend on a mobile free walking weekend

Just got back and caught some of the posts on here

How many did we lose by ? Sounds like a truly awful performance, as in Nigel Ps day. Dreading seeing the final score.

Makes you wonder how Johnny earns a living as a professional footballer the things people are saying. And that Will and Jacob are better off in non-league.

Shame that the run came to an end but its sounds like we were appalling at Wigan and deserved to lose by several

God help us against a reviving Forest

Probably just me but most of the posters on here seem to think Play-offs were guaranteed three days ago  but now relegation is more likely if not an absolute certainty for many.

What went wrong ?  I'm so confused .

Ok we won 6-0 and played brilliant, assume that is what you would prefer to read?

was at the game Saturday , the game panned out how i expected it to , Wigan are no mugs and they gave it their all second half , and what about our lads ? a totally committed , backs to the wall away performance , each player digging in for what could prove to be a very vital 3 pts come May , bring on the gumps , COYR

From what I gather the Wigan boss said something along the lines of they had plenty of possession but didn't do much with it. We do look a lot more solid at the back these days and we seem to be having less and less of the ball, particularly compared to when McClaren was here before.

I wonder if he's seen the players he has at his disposal and said to the players to play a bit deeper with the understanding that the players we have aren't as comfortable on the ball as the ones he worked with before. 

Bent is no Martin when it comes to controlling it (but he's been doing a mighty fine impression of it since McClaren came back). Johnson is no Thorne when it comes to dominating the play. Pearce is no Buxton when it comes to spraying passes about. 

23 hours ago, eddie said:

Were you in row G, seat 132?

That person was the most negative, whingeing individual it has been my displeasure to sit in close proximity of for a while. If it wasn't the disparaging comments aimed at pretty well every Derby player, it was the rather comical and somewhat pathetic 'amateur coaching instructions' that was being relayed to all and sundry for the entire game - instructions which seemed to be those of an experienced parent at an under-12s game. "Close him down - ffs get close, Olsson" - then when Olsson didn't dive in but dropped off slightly to cover the obvious two-on-one which would have led to him being completely by-passed, buying time which allowed Pearce to come across and cover, he shouted something about Pearce having "...got him out of jail again".. 

No Eddie I wasn't..

On 4 December 2016 at 17:35, Wolfie20 said:

Just realised who the ref was so we shouldn't have expected any favours - what is it about the Madley family that makes them such crap referees - at least when in charge of a match involving Derby?

aye Wolfie but we won this time, so even though he owes Vydra an apology we got the points and hopefully won't see him again this season. 

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 17:30, G STAR RAM said:

You was actually sat in front of me in 'Billy No Mates corner'!

You do have an angry look about you, I thought that was just for MM!

LOL - Bought my ticket on the day as a walk up. I'd like to point out I was standing, not sitting.

Angry look - that's fair - you saw how we were playing.

@G STAR RAM and to be fair to Morris - since that day at the beginning of the year, he has stayed out of the limelight more. I don't mind sacking a manager but everything else should go through the CEO. That's exactly what has happened in my eyes so MM is getting better IMO.

Even the recent stuff for taking on the league - newspapers have reported it and I don't believe the leak has come from MM directly so don't see that as interference/attention seeking in any way.

On 05/12/2016 at 17:30, G STAR RAM said:

You was actually sat in front of me in 'Billy No Mates corner'!

You do have an angry look about you, I thought that was just for MM!

6 hours ago, rammieib said:

LOL - Bought my ticket on the day as a walk up. I'd like to point out I was standing, not sitting.

Angry look - that's fair - you saw how we were playing.

G Star doesn't speak if he sees you. I walked out of hobbycraft once and he just gave me a death stare. Was in two minds whether to run or origami the **** out of him. 

Did you feel his eyes on you?

19 minutes ago, Alpha said:

G Star doesn't speak if he sees you. I walked out of hobbycraft once and he just gave me a death stare. Was in two minds whether to run or origami the **** out of him. 

Hobbycraft?

Please tell me you were buying an elderly relative a gift, I'd guess his stare was disbelief at what he was seeing?

29 minutes ago, Alpha said:

As long as he didn't feel my hands in him, my football coaching career would have been in tatters!

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

To be fair, bar you and @eddie I don't think I'd remember what anyone else looks like. I'm rather concerned @G STAR RAM can remember what I look like from six months ago, but to be fair my dashingly handsome good lucks must remain with a lot of people ....

Archived