Wigan vs Derby - matchday thread.

Rev

20 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

So Huddersfield doesn't have it? They'd be fourth if they won yesterday, now they are just sixth.

I am making a point that wigan are a side currently in the bottom half of the table and we should be looking to take the game to them and trying to get all three points. If your not going to attack a team near the bottom of the table then that personally concerns me. 

Yes we may even fail like Huddlesfield did last night but they showed intent because they have aspirations of the play offs. 

Every game gets bigger the further you go up the table and some you approach with caution but this one , on the back of 4 wins...... Well you decide ! 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well i say just go for it

As solid advice as ever. People keep saying this, but we need you in the dressing room mate.

Maybe the club could create some sort of 'Chief Encouragement Officer' position for you or something? Especially with Buxton gone we need someone in there to issue rallying cries.

Too many people getting carried away. The run will end soon enough either due to below par performance, unlucky goal conceded etc etc.

There was nothing in the game against Norwich, but to come out 1-0 winners when 0-0 seemed more likely and could easily have been 1-0 to them, is the kind of stuff positions at the end of the season, and promotions come from.

Didnt Wigan beat Huddersfield yesterday?

They are hardly in freefall like one person suggested, unlike Rotherham.

Plus they have ex rams who will score the dreaded goal against their old club which always happens.

You cant win every game, geordies prooved that with home defeat to blackburn

19 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I also think we should get into there faces and stay in them even rough them up a bit. Lets face it they shall do the same to us.

Lets make five wins back to back and get into those play offs spots so we can start chasing down newcastle.

That is not the way we play but would utterly suit Wigan, beat them with football and clinical shooting and defend solid which is as good as we can do.

54 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Hmmm lets see now rotheram kicked will huges to death and so did norwhich city did not brother them one bit.

I am not saying break players legs

But we need to be a bit nastyer with our style of play.

If we were losing every week I would agree with you. But the fact that we have beaten both of those teams and lost 1 game in 8, I think whatever we are doing right now is working. 

On 29 November 2016 at 20:04, B4ev6is said:

I also think we should get into there faces and stay in them even rough them up a bit. Lets face it they shall do the same to us.

Lets make five wins back to back and get into those play offs spots so we can start chasing down newcastle.

We don't need to 'rough' them up a bit. 

On 29 November 2016 at 20:06, EastHertsRam said:

B4, one doesn't "rough up" Jake. :thumbsup:

Lol EHR. 

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well we have players to cause him probleams we know he dont like players with pace.

We can cause Bucko and his teammates problems without 'rough' them up a bit though. 

7 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

B4... Do you just want us to start breaking every teams legs whenever we face them? 

All I see you post in these matchday forums is that we need to rough them up and get into them. It's football, not Rugby.

Hey it does look/sound like it. Yeah it's not bloody rugby for god sake. 

7 hours ago, Sparkle said:

That is not the way we play but would utterly suit Wigan, beat them with football and clinical shooting and defend solid which is as good as we can do.

Good post Sparkle. ??

13 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Look i dont see nrothing wrong fight fire with fire sometimes when teams are kicking our players to death.

I don't remember the game when one of our players nearly died. 

If we went down to Wigan's level of football and tried to out muscle them, we would lose.

End of.

Nothing to fear 

we are Brasil in disguise .. We don't need to kick Wigan, or worry about Lansbury next week

We will dance round Wigan, dazzling them with our brilliance

Lansburies performance ? .. Against Barnsley ..In the words of that old advert about Milk and Accrington Stanley .. Who are they ? Answer ? Exactly ? 

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

I don't remember the game when one of our players nearly died. 

If we went down to Wigan's level of football and tried to out muscle them, we would lose.

End of.

Imagine the conversation with Steve telling Tom Ince to go out and rough them up, then telling him not to forget his woolly gloves becauses its lower than 10 degress C

14 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Watched the F***** v Barnsley match live over here, I'm afraid their league position doesn't do them justice

and hate to say that Lansbury was phenomenal. So hpefully we will win at Wigan , and still be on a high when

we play them.

Barnsley were absolutely awful. And they still managed to score 2 goals, playing a third of the game with 10 men. Don't forget that

Archived