Wigan vs Derby - matchday thread.

Rev

On 27 November 2016 at 20:46, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I'd take a draw I think although I'd be lying if I didn't admit to thinking 3 points was expected now. I've gone for a draw in the prediction thread though.

Bottler ! :whistle: :ph34r:

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I liked warnock & buxton when they were here but if they think they've got the pace to keep up with out attackers they're mistaken  

Sir Jake has never had pace - his asset is brilliant anticipation and positioning (and a heart as big as Derbyshire).

9 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I hope we lose this one. 

Going into the forest game on the back of 5 straight wins scares the **** out of me.

Wash your mouth out with soap. Playing Forest always scares the **** out of me too, but I don't ever wish us to lose - and besides, a win against Wigan would at least soften the blow if we did lose to the Red Dogs.

12 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I liked warnock & buxton when they were here but if they think they've got the pace to keep up with out attackers they're mistaken  

Yes - as long as this is hammered home in the team talk. 

Norwich basically had four big centre halves as their back four, yet it took 30 minutes to try to pass round them.

We need to start quickly and aggressively. No gloved hands or legwarmers for this one. Let's run them into the ground!

59 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes - as long as this is hammered home in the team talk. 

Norwich basically had four big centre halves as their back four, yet it took 30 minutes to try to pass round them.

We need to start quickly and aggressively. No gloved hands or legwarmers for this one. Let's run them into the ground!

Tom Ince can wear his gloves and the rest can wear a bobble hats with a fur pom poms and my little pony wellingtons if they want ...., as long we get 3 points and a hatfull of goals

2 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Wash your mouth out with soap. Playing Forest always scares the **** out of me too, but I don't ever wish us to lose - and besides, a win against Wigan would at least soften the blow if we did lose to the Red Dogs.

If we lose to Forest there'll be no softening of the blow. All Steve's good work will be undone. Our season will be derailed spectacularly. By March we'll be longing for the Pearson era.

45 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Wigan looked great on the counter last night, lets not underestimate them.

I see your point, we should never take an opponent for granted (or lose our minds if we lose). However I do think if the team's performance levels at least match those of the past few games we will win the game fairly comfortably. But in all honesty I'd say that if we were about to play most teams in the division, we just seem to be getting on a bit of a roll and performances are trending upwards.

Archived