William Hughes

Mafiabob

Love him to bits: he makes watching Derby play enjoyable because he's a real footballer the likes of which we haven't had in forever. That said he should definitely not be playing in this poor league next year. He's a premier league player and should be playing there either with us (preferably) or with another good side.

Don't care about the money ... but we should give him a lucrative contract but give him a min fee release clause if we don't go up 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, YouRams said:

If Everton are the only ones interested it helps us a bit what with him being a Liverpool fan. He will probably end up at Newcastle with Benitez instead now that Liverpool's interest seems to have cooled.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

If Everton are the only ones interested it helps us a bit what with him being a Liverpool fan. He will probably end up at Newcastle with Benitez instead now that Liverpool's interest seems to have cooled.

I don't think so. Hendrick isn't a Burnley fan but he went there. I'm sure will would prefer Liverpool but he'd be happy at Everton under a top coach like Koeman. Interesting interview with Klopp on sky where he says he wants players who want to be at Liverpool. I still see him there even though Rodgers isn't.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

I don't think so. Hendrick isn't a Burnley fan but he went there. I'm sure will would prefer Liverpool but he'd be happy at Everton under a top coach like Koeman. Interesting interview with Klopp on sky where he says he wants players who want to be at Liverpool. I still see him there even though Rodgers isn't.

Yes but I don't think Hendrick is a Blackburn Rovers fan either. He may not actually be a scouser and we have certainly seen Derby fans playing for Forest before (and now) and vice versa, but we need all the help we can get to keep him, so I am clutching at the smallest of straws here. I would also prefer to see him at Liverpool, but he could do a lot worse than Koeman. He has often mentioned his admiration of Benitez as well though (for what he did for Liverpool), so again wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with Newcastle either.

He shouldn't be in the championship next year - whether it is with us or any other team.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

£15m seems like a reasonable price, but since Hendrick went for £10m then I would assume we value Hughes around the £30-35m mark. Obviously I'm joking, but I still don't see anyone paying what we will want for him.

I really don't see £15m tickling Mel's fancy.

Agree but if we get 15-20 plus add ons like a % of future transfers and we keep him on loan for the rest of the season then it's a good move for all parties. That will have to tickle Mel because ain't no way will will sign unless he knows somehow he'll be playing premier league football or there is zero top team interest in him. 

I am not sure he is a Jan mover - at 21 yrs old - still has plenty of time  - and possibly would give us until the end of the season. He will play prem football though in the future

i am sure Lansbury rumour comes on the back of "Hughes is off to Everton"

if someone comes up with an offer near £20mil - i am sure we would have to take it seriously...

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

£15m seems like a reasonable price, but since Hendrick went for £10m then I would assume we value Hughes around the £30-35m mark. Obviously I'm joking, but I still don't see anyone paying what we will want for him.

I really don't see £15m tickling Mel's fancy.

Who do you see we can replace Hughes with for 15 million? We could spend that money on 2-3 players and they still wouldn't be as good. 

Utterly outstanding during the second half today. He is developing into a complete midfield player - great tackler, strong, brilliant dribbler and the best passer I've seen at Derby since Asanovic.

51 minutes ago, eddie said:

Utterly outstanding during the second half today. He is developing into a complete midfield player - great tackler, strong, brilliant dribbler and the best passer I've seen at Derby since Asanovic.

Good post. About time you took a stand on our finest player E. :p  seriously though , he's an utter joy to watch!

Archived