Frank Lampard

Dimmu

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/tom-ince-sets-goals-tally-frank-lampard-heading-to-championship/story-29925470-detail/story.html

....Back to the modern day and it has been another day of speculation with Frank Lampard being the latest player linked with a move to the Championship.

The 38-year-old former England international is leaving New York City FC and the midfielder could look at playing and managerial roles back in this country.

It has been reported that the Championship's top two clubs, Newcastle United and Brighton, might offer a one-year deal to Lampard should they win promotion to the Premier League this season.

The chances of seeing Lampard at Derby County are highly unlikely. London clubs Crystal Palace (Evens) and West Ham United (11/2) are favourites to sign Lampard.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for the football section people at the Telegraph. They have to put out a certain number of articles a day, even when there simply isn't that much Derby County news happening. Plus, people don't realise it but Derby County stuff is probably the most popular thing on their website, hence all the tenuously linked articles.

5 hours ago, philmycock said:

The Derby Telegraph website is embarrassing. Click bait and surveys. Just makes you think grow up you're not Heat Magazine or PerezHilton, kinda sad really, they're completely missing their audience, makes you wonder who's in charge of them? Clueless.

Local World the company behind these sites were bought by Trinity Mirror last year, might explain a thing or two  

22 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I feel sorry for the football section people at the Telegraph. They have to put out a certain number of articles a day, even when there simply isn't that much Derby County news happening. Plus, people don't realise it but Derby County stuff is probably the most popular thing on their website, hence all the tenuously linked articles.

You shouldn't. Rather than serve up random tangential dross they could do a feature on a youth player or on one of our players  aka Alex Pearce ... in a time where he has done something quite remarkable by grabbing a starting spot off shacks. Find out more details on the firing of Pearson or hiring or mcclaren. Ie real journalism. Requires more work/resources than copy and paste.

I know there are moves to use bots to write match reports, allowing journalists to do more investigative reporting or in-depth reporting. Simple fact of the matter though is that you can't put as many articles per day out and not as many clicks/views. It would have to take a change in editorial policy for that to happen and given the telegraph is owned by Trinity Mirror that seems unlikely. I highly doubt Nicholson and co are happy doing things that are only tenuously linked to DCFC.

Archived