Joey Barton

DcFc Dyycheee
Message added by David

Joey Barton - Appointed as Fleetwood Head Coach > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29009-joey-barton-appointed-as-fleetwood-head-coach/

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I get your points, but what's the real risk? The deal would probably be a 6 month deal, no transfer fee, he hasn't struggled with injuries at Burnley or Rangers, and his wages at Rangers were reported 20k, which is hardly barmy with our current wage structure. And I doubt he'll hardly be looking for ridiculous wages after his tidy Rangers pay off. 

Dyche said he never had any problems with Barton in his time at Burnley, nothing but praise. Yes he fell out with Warburton but has praised McClaren on many occasions, so there's clearly a mutual respect there. Steve also gave McClaren his only England cap. 

Personally, I'm torn. He's a prat. But offering him a chance to train over the international break, or train after, seems fair to me. And see how he gets on. 

I just read on Twitter that Barton was once sent off for a head butt on our very own Bradley, :lol:, tbh I wouldn't want anything damaging his excellent form. 

Any excuse to post this again :lol:

wpid-article-1325600108011-0f53f69300000

Real marmite time for me, as a person no thanks, as an experienced midfielder of some quality who can cover that 'Thorne role' then maybe but only if on a short term contract on affordable wages with a contract guaranteeing no social media comment from him in any format and absolutely perfect conduct within the club. 

Archived