How many more points before 1st Jan?

MackworthRamIsGod

Total guess work, but with the fixtures between now and Jan, what do you expect the return to be?

Here are my predictions:

Sheff Weds (H) - 0 Points

Wolves (A) - 1 Point

Rotherham (H) - 3 points

Norwich (H) - 0 points

Wigan (A) - 3 points

Forest (H) - 3 point

QPR (A) - 1 point

Fulham (A) - 3 points

Birmingham (H) - 3 points

Wigan (H) - 3 points

So that is 20 more points to put us on 34, with a nice 6 match unbeaten run going into the Norwich game.

With a decent improvement in the second half of the season (it cant get much worse), and January looking a decent month apart from Norwich,  the playoffs could very much be a possibility come Feb.

Ifs....buts....maybes.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Total guess work, but with the fixtures between now and Jan, what do you expect the return to be?

Here are my predictions:

Sheff Weds (H) - 0 Points

Wolves (A) - 1 Point

Rotherham (H) - 3 points

Norwich (H) - 0 points

Wigan (A) - 3 points

Forest (H) - 3 point

QPR (A) - 1 point

Fulham (A) - 3 points

Birmingham (H) - 3 points

Wigan (H) - 3 points

So that is 20 more points to put us on 34, with a nice 6 match unbeaten run going into the Norwich game.

With a decent improvement in the second half of the season (it cant get much worse), and January looking a decent month apart from Norwich,  the playoffs could very much be a possibility come Feb.

Ifs....buts....maybes.

This forecast is probably in the right ballpark of how things will pan out. With that said a hell of a lot depends on how much the problems at the club can be fixed through coaching alone.

Sheffield Wednesday we could at least get a point out of it think, if the crowd stays behind the team of course. Wolves have recently lost their manager and are low on morale at this point. 3 points a must for that game. Rotherham is also a must 3 pointer. I wouldn't be too upset if we lost to Norwich, but if the team win against Rotherham and Wolves then i'll be expecting at least a point. Wigan is another match we have to win. Forest is a must win game, because the fans will be demanding a win. QPR are very inconsistent so again I expect 3 points. Fulham are a decent side with all the new signings they have made but we should get three points again here. Birmingham have Gary Rowett, an extremely promising manager and I wouldn't be upset if we lost. Wigan again is another must three pointer. So that would add a total of 23 points to our measly 14, giving us 37. If my calculations are correct we could be just outside the top 6, if my predictions are correct of course.

Our fans will get more points leaving early but still speeding away from home and away games to beat the traffic, to beat themselves up and then to come on here and beat their fellow fans up.

Regarding Derby County I think we'll struggle to break into double figures, so at best I'll go for 9 (Chris Martin) and at worst 5 (Jake Buxton) the two main reasons why we are struggling so much now, and until we replace them, we will continue to struggle to at least January 2017.

I keep saying it, i honestly think we are in a lot of trouble. To me the problems lay well beyond coaching and formations and hiring Mac back scares me, a lot. He's a great coach, but hes a poor manger and when the chips are down and you find yourself in a relegation battle, which i honestly believe we will be, he is not the chap you want in charge in the dugout.

No club is to big to go down, i look at our squad and i dont see fighters, scrappers who will roll their sleeves up and fight till the death to make sure we remain in the division. I see weak minded, scarred individuals who look frightened to death to play football for fear of being booed and like they struggle to motivate themselves to get out of bed in the morning. 

I dont envisage a good points return between now and Jan, i hope to god i'm wrong! 

21 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I keep saying it, i honestly think we are in a lot of trouble. To me the problems lay well beyond coaching and formations and hiring Mac back scares me, a lot. He's a great coach, but hes a poor manger and when the chips are down and you find yourself in a relegation battle, which i honestly believe we will be, he is not the chap you want in charge in the dugout.

What do you base this on out of interest?

21 minutes ago, Derbados said:

No club is to big to go down, i look at our squad and i dont see fighters, scrappers who will roll their sleeves up and fight till the death to make sure we remain in the division. I see weak minded, scarred individuals who look frightened to death to play football for fear of being booed and like they struggle to motivate themselves to get out of bed in the morning. 

I dont envisage a good points return between now and Jan, i hope to god i'm wrong! 

Albeit I don't necessarily share your worries (at least not to the same degree), I do so where you are coming from and don't think we will be charging up the table. I just have a few points that might alleviate your worries somewhat:

1) The defence. The defence is currently one of the best in the league, despite having three different left backs for three different games we still only conceded once and that was against one of the best sides in the league. This means that if we start scoring a few more goals we can more than certainly turn them into results.

2) There has been a recent uptick in form. In the 5 games since Pearson left we have W2 D2 L1, meaning we have averaged 1.6 points per game which is 'top 6 form' when carried out over a season. 

3) We have problems that can fixed through time and coaching. We spent the whole of pre-season and the start of the season gearing up to play a counter-attacking 442 which was blatantly unsuited to the playing staff. Whilst most of the players play best in a high pressing possession orientated 433, it's going to take a bit of time to get back up to speed with the system. Players such as Vydra will take time getting accustomed to playing as a lone striker and learning what is required of them.

Sheff Wed (H) - 1 point

Wolves (A) - 1 point

Rotherham (H) - 3 points

Norwich (H) - 0 points

Wigan (A) - 1 point

Forest (H) - 1 point

QPR (A) - 3 points

Fulham (A) - 1 point

Birmingham (H) - 0 points

Wigan (H) - 3 points

Going game by game, that's how I see it. Sadly only 3 wins but only 2 losses. 14 points. Only slight improvement. It's gonna be a tough old grind until January I think. I do think second half of the season will pick up some more.

Sheff Wed (H) - 1 point

Wolves (A) - 0 points 

Rotherham (H) - 3 points

Norwich (H) - 0 points

Wigan (A) - 0 points

Forest (H) - 1 point

QPR (A) - 1 points

Fulham (A) - 3 point

Birmingham (H) - 1 points

Wigan (H) - 3 points

I am miserable so this is how I am predicting. Who knows..

I think a tad optimistic, based on the season so far  - The problems go far deeper than a bit of coaching that can put right............. I think unless we have a 3 or 4 changes minimum in January we might be in a relegation battle  - I do hope I am wrong.

Sheffield Wednesday (H) - 3 points - Scrappy 1-0 win.

Wolves (A) - 3 points - 2-0 away win. 

Rotherham (H) - 3 points - 3-0 destruction.

Norwich (H) - 0 points - 2-0 loss, Norwich to prove too strong.

Wigan (A) - 1 point - Scrappy 1-1 draw.

Forest (H) - 3 points - 2-1 win.

QPR (A) - 1 points - 0-0 Draw, Boring game.

Fulham (A) - 3 points - 2-0 win.

Birmingham (H) - 1 point - They will park the bus, and catch us on the counter, 1-1.

Wigan (H) - 3 points - Learned from the scrappy game at the DW. 2-0 Win.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Sheffield Wednesday (H) - 3 points - Scrappy 1-0 win.

Wolves (A) - 3 points - 2-0 away win. 

Rotherham (H) - 3 points - 3-0 destruction.

Norwich (H) - 0 points - 2-0 loss, Norwich to prove too strong.

Wigan (A) - 1 point - Scrappy 1-1 draw.

Forest (H) - 3 points - 2-1 win.

QPR (A) - 1 points - 0-0 Draw, Boring game.

Fulham (A) - 3 points - 2-0 win.

Birmingham (H) - 1 point - They will park the bus, and catch us on the counter, 1-1.

Wigan (H) - 3 points - Learned from the scrappy game at the DW. 2-0 Win.

That's 14 goals we will score!? Are you sure 

Archived