Abdoul Camara

JarodyDCFC

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/10/2016 at 00:42, cannable said:

Not that I don't agree with the overall point but what does the level of football he's played at have to do with his footballing brain?! Theo has an infinite times more appearences  at Premier League level than Hughes!

When I first read this, I thought you meant Theo Robinson. I had to check to see when the hell he played in the Premier League.

If you're interested, he's 27 years old and playing for Lincoln in the Conference Premier these days. Oh how the "never all that mighty but not really all that bad either" have fallen!

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

When I first read this, I thought you meant Theo Robinson. I had to check to see when the hell he played in the Premier League.

If you're interested, he's 27 years old and playing for Lincoln in the Conference Premier these days. Oh how the "never all that mighty but not really all that bad either" have fallen!

Theo Robinson ... one of the most paradoxical players I've seen at Derby. 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My brief impressions of Camara so far is that he will be better suited to coming on as a sub to stretch our opposition later in the game. No doubt he seems to have some flair but whether he can provide the defensive cover required in our formation remains to be seen.

In our system, the wingers do need to provide some sort of defensive help.

However if we were to ever change to a 4-2-3-1 system, which isn't too far away from the 4-3-3, We could really hurt teams with Thorne and Johnson playing the defensive parts of midfield leaving the front 4 to basically roam free and express themselves.

I'd prefer to give Weiman a start in place of JR who has seemed a bit down recently, and if he isn't clicking with 20 to go give Razza a run at a tiring defence. 3 minute Cameos are desperate measures only. Subs need 15-20 to get in to the game I reckon.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

In our system, the wingers do need to provide some sort of defensive help.

However if we were to ever change to a 4-2-3-1 system, which isn't too far away from the 4-3-3, We could really hurt teams with Thorne and Johnson playing the defensive parts of midfield leaving the front 4 to basically roam free and express themselves.

My only issue with that is that when we last saw Johnson and Thorne together they kept running in to each other. 

8 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Not for me, if you have him on bench surely you drop one if weimman or anya out of the squad

Anya can play full back... Weimann isn't a winger. But anyway if we have 7 subs Mitchell and shackell are certs and Bryson too. After that you could have Anya, vydra, camara and weimann. Enough pace there to scare the oppo sh1tless... I'm not talking about shackell of course. 

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My brief impressions of Camara so far is that he will be better suited to coming on as a sub to stretch our opposition later in the game. No doubt he seems to have some flair but whether he can provide the defensive cover required in our formation remains to be seen.

In my opinion Camara is better suited to not coming on as sub.

On 10/26/2016 at 22:24, McLovin said:

I'd give him and Weimann a run of games ahead of Ince and Russell. I've been very impressed with Camara whenever he has played. He adds a different dimension to the attack and stretches the game. Don't know how anyone can say he hasn't got a footballing brain when he has played at a higher level in the past than most of our players probably will do. Give a run of 5 games rather than cameo performances of 5-10 minutes. He can't have done much worse than Ince has this season. 

Not surprised Tom looks moody when even if he's bang in form folk are advocating dropping him! What's the lad got to do???

Archived