Abdoul Camara

JarodyDCFC

3 hours ago, emjlc02 said:

He clearly just isn't very good thats why none of our last 4 managers have really picked him. A good cameo against Preston doesn't mean he is a world beater.

I think you might be missing a point on that one. I don't mean to say he's a genius but the lad has talent with the ball at his feet. He has a touch, he has pace and can dribble. These things are the instinctive born with talents that very few have. The question is can someone coach him to be a good footballer and use those skills the right way ? I don't know ... But I do know that you can teach someone to play association football in a workman like effective way, but the "touch" and the "skill" are something some players just have. ( or don't ) 

for now he looks a bit light weight, a bit wasteful, a bit head down and run .. But I just can't help liking a player that can beat a man and clearly loves it .. He needs good coaching and might just be a gem 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jono said:

I think you might be missing a point on that one. I don't mean to say he's a genius but the lad has talent with the ball at his feet. He has a touch, he has pace and can dribble. These things are the instinctive born with talents that very few have. The question is can someone coach him to be a good footballer and use those skills the right way ? I don't know ... But I do know that you can teach someone to play association football in a workman like effective way, but the "touch" and the "skill" are something some players just have. ( or don't ) 

for now he looks a bit light weight, a bit wasteful, a bit head down and run .. But I just can't help liking a player that can beat a man and clearly loves it .. He needs good coaching and might just be a gem 

My major worry with Camara is he seems to be severely lacking something that I don't think you can coach and that's footballing brains. This is something players your good players just seem to innately have, take Hughes for example his awareness of what is a round him and how events are going to unfold is fantastic and you could tell that back when he was 16.

Camara could be an effective albeit extremely limited player if he was played on the left and given strict instruction to stay wide, beat your fullback and whip the ball in. My worry is that a player as a limited as he is would hinder our forward play. In fact I feel you are seeing a similar thing right now when Anya has been playing in a forward position. 

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

My major worry with Camara is he seems to be severely lacking something that I don't think you can coach and that's footballing brains. This is something players your good players just seem to innately have, take Hughes for example his awareness of what is a round him and how events are going to unfold is fantastic and you could tell that back when he was 16.

Camara could be an effective albeit extremely limited player if he was played on the left and given strict instruction to stay wide, beat your fullback and whip the ball in. My worry is that a player as a limited as he is would hinder our forward play. In fact I feel you are seeing a similar thing right now when Anya has been playing in a forward position. 

It is a conundrum .. Great footballing brains and yet lacking the pace and the touch and then the kids who have the physical talent and no effing idea how to use it. I'd only say that he is young .. Has anyone tried to seriously coach him or have they all stood back and said " Razza can beat a man that's fine for us at this level" Who has tried to develop him  ? GIggs was a brilliant teen but I bet he was seriously coached by some old wise heads like Brian Kidd before he became the real deal. But yeah .. The intelligent footballers are born, just like the ball players .. You just need both then you're laughing 

7 minutes ago, jono said:

It is a conundrum .. Great footballing brains and yet lacking the pace and the touch and then the kids who have the physical talent and no effing idea how to use it. I'd only say that he is young .. Has anyone tried to seriously coach him or have they all stood back and said " Razza can beat a man that's fine for us at this level" Who has tried to develop him  ? GIggs was a brilliant teen but I bet he was seriously coached by some old wise heads like Brian Kidd before he became the real deal. But yeah .. The intelligent footballers are born, just like the ball players .. You just need both then you're laughing 

Oh I don't doubt there is a chance through coaching he could improve but there is only so much coaching can do and I worry his deficiencies can't be fixed through coaching. Also I'd hypothesise players who are brains-deficient (in a football sense) are the least likely to respond to coaching .

To put it another way, Camara strikes me as an athlete first and a footballer second. There are plenty players about like this who make successful careers but I think if we want to play a slick passing high intensity game we need intelligent footballers first and foremost.

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Oh I don't doubt there is a chance through coaching he could improve but there is only so much coaching can do and I worry his deficiencies can't be fixed through coaching. Also I'd hypothesise players who are brains-deficient (in a football sense) are the least likely to respond to coaching .

To put it another way, Camara strikes me as an athlete first and a footballer second. There are plenty players about like this who make successful careers but I think if we want to play a slick passing high intensity game we need intelligent footballers first and foremost.

On what are you basing the idea Camara doesn't have a football brain?

1 minute ago, RamuelLJackson said:

On what are you basing the idea Camara doesn't have a football brain?

A very fair question and one I admittedly can't answer well as my opinion is largely based on subjective feelings from watching him play.

As a player he just strikes me as very little awareness of his surroundings when on the pitch. Frequently he seems to run down blind alleys and move with the ball without having clear intention of what to do. Quite a few times he seems to beat players without a real reason.

The best example I can think of is the build up to the goal against Preston. He receives the ball on the right wing tight to the touchline and cuts inside, there is acres of space for him to keep moving into or he can clip the ball through to Hughes but he stops and decides to try to go outside again where there is little space and he can't go anywhere. He then cuts back inside where he should immediately drill it into Hughes who is wide open but instead he takes another touch or two and when he plays the pass it's almost cut out (and probably should have been if the Preston defence was awake).

Even the youtube highlight collection videos of him frequently feature the play being cut out quickly after he gets on the ball.

I'd give him and Weimann a run of games ahead of Ince and Russell. I've been very impressed with Camara whenever he has played. He adds a different dimension to the attack and stretches the game. Don't know how anyone can say he hasn't got a footballing brain when he has played at a higher level in the past than most of our players probably will do. Give a run of 5 games rather than cameo performances of 5-10 minutes. He can't have done much worse than Ince has this season. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I'd give him and Weimann a run of games ahead of Ince and Russell. I've been very impressed with Camara whenever he has played. He adds a different dimension to the attack and stretches the game. Don't know how anyone can say he hasn't got a footballing brain when he has played at a higher level in the past than most of our players probably will do. Give a run of 5 games rather than cameo performances of 5-10 minutes. He can't have done much worse than Ince has this season. 

Beats me why there is so much advocacy for promoting some of our youth when we have under-utilised signings we should be looking to coach and develop. 

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Not that I don't agree with the overall point but what does the level of football he's played at have to do with his footballing brain?! Theo has an infinite times more appearences  at Premier League level than Hughes!

TBH I had forgotten he was 26 but in any case I think he could be a real super sub scarring the pants off tiring full backs in the last 15 mins.

I have to say I also like his positive attitude as well .. always seems up for it ..... in print at least !

Other positive guys like Timi Max and Jamie need to be given opportunities I reckon

We need to get players who are interested into the team. I believe Camara falls into that category and so does Weimann. Ince and Butterfield need to be shipped out, though I realise no one would want to stump up a big fee or wages for either.  

11 hours ago, jono said:

TBH I had forgotten he was 26 but in any case I think he could be a real super sub scarring the pants off tiring full backs in the last 15 mins.

I have to say I also like his positive attitude as well .. always seems up for it ..... in print at least !

Other positive guys like Timi Max and Jamie need to be given opportunities I reckon

With schteves fondness for subbing the wingers, as a last twenty man to terrify knackered full backs he might have a niche. 

Weimann I believe should be getting opportunities in the starting 11, although Mac might go with ince and Russell as players he knows from last time. 

I'm a fan of Anya, but he needs to poop or get off the pot in terms of causing attual danger....unless we try him as left back. 

Totally agree .. Weiman needs a run. I like Anya to. He is close to being very good. A bit of strength missing somehow but it did look promising when he went to left back. I think he is a really intelligent player, just needs a like mind to work with. 

But yes back to Razza .. For me he is the perfect last 15/20 man .. You'd hate to have him running at you when you legs are going and your puffing a bit. 

9 hours ago, europia said:

We need to get players who are interested into the team. I believe Camara falls into that category and so does Weimann. Ince and Butterfield need to be shipped out, though I realise no one would want to stump up a big fee or wages for either.  

Ahhhh. That age old idea that players who run around a lot care more interested than those who expect the ball to feet.

Theo > Martin

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 16:15, David said:

Given the amount of mysterious injuries he keeps picking up and only started 45 games in his career his rawness is understandable and worrying for a player that's almost 27, 180 minutes in a Derby shirt so far, hard to see how many more we'll see. Shame as he looked good on YouTube.....probably what Clement thought as well.

So you are on the recruitment panel........:lol:

11 hours ago, cannable said:

Ahhhh. That age old idea that players who run around a lot care more interested than those who expect the ball to feet.

I can't site any scientific evidence, but anecdotal indications are that it definitely helps to run around when you are playing football.....

Archived