Chris Evans - The return...

RamsPolls

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Can't see this being true. It was only two months ago we hired some guy from spurs to lead the recruitment team. 

Yeah I can't see that happening tbf. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever we get I hope he signs nobody. We need a clear out not more overpriced mediocre players in. I'd rather watch Hanson Rawson Elsnik lowe and Vernam play. If there's work to do it's to scour Europe for young hidden gems we can get on the cheap. 

14 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Evans would have had something to do with all of them signings. 

Probably the ones like Bent that just needed approving by Clement and were all set to go.

The others I believe were Clement. 

Evans left because Clement didn't want him. Why would he want rid of him 15 days after letting him sign players? Can't even say because he wasn't happy with the signings because some had only just got here. 

Besides, Evans supplies options. He never signed them. A manager can say no. 

Clement didn't like Evans, Evans gone. Clement mostly signed players he knew of. 

8 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Alan Nixon reporting that Stevie Mac wants Chris Evans to return in a senior role... 

I would put the screenshot in this but I am unable to. And Nixon has his tweets protected so I can't share the link.

Thoughts?

Personally not sure why we would re-hire him. Had some awful signings over the years through him.

Agree. Wasnt McClaren junior connected? [Of course I'm not suggesting any nepotism or sinecures, yer-onor, sub judicae, allegedly, as God is my witness and all that :mellow:

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Can i ask, genuinely don't know the answer.

was Chris Evans here with clement when we were recruiting ? 

if the answer is yes I don't want him anywhere near the club if no then happy to see him return.

He was here but he went as soon as the window shut

And it was Clement that didn't want him.

So did Evans draw up these players, Clement picked them and by September 15th decided that the scouting and research was crap.

Or did he prefer to go for players with some decent backgrounds and decided Evans was not needed?

Not that I'm saying Evans did great. But I don't think he can be blamed for everything.

9 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Alan Nixon reporting that Stevie Mac wants Chris Evans to return in a senior role... 

I would put the screenshot in this but I am unable to. And Nixon has his tweets protected so I can't share the link.

Thoughts?

Personally not sure why we would re-hire him. Had some awful signings over the years through him.

No we've never got recruitment right since Clough junior left. We need a fresh start.

All the signings last summer were bad, blame Chris Evans.

We can't score goals, blame Kevin Phillips.

Lost on Saturday, blame Keogh.

Always one person that has to take the blame, never team work, never the work of several heads.

Clement was given a list of players, most of which were his final say. Which players were on the list, who helped compile the list? Joe McClaren, Mo Camara were scouts at the time, how much involvement did they have?

If McClaren wants Evans fine by me, if you employ a manager give him the tools he needs to do the job, don't go against him and employ someone on name to excite the fans as they used to be great players.

56 minutes ago, David said:

All the signings last summer were bad, blame Chris Evans.

We can't score goals, blame Kevin Phillips.

Lost on Saturday, blame Keogh.

Always one person that has to take the blame, never team work, never the work of several heads.

Clement was given a list of players, most of which were his final say. Which players were on the list, who helped compile the list? Joe McClaren, Mo Camara were scouts at the time, how much involvement did they have?

If McClaren wants Evans fine by me, if you employ a manager give him the tools he needs to do the job, don't go against him and employ someone on name to excite the fans as they used to be great players.

I think mcclaren has a reputation as a good coach. recruitment is a different matter. I don't want us to make the same mistakes as we have made before. Like I say it hasn't been right since Clough left so we need a fresh start. 

We have spent £40 million on new players and they still look like a shower of ****. Anyone connected with that must not be allowed near this club again. 

Archived