Chris Evans - The return...

RamsPolls

Carson (MOM), Christie, Pearce, Butterfield, Johnson & Bent all being praised for their performances yesterday and rightly so.....

Just over a year into their Derby careers for many of these signings with their 3rd manager now, 4th if you include Walsall.

Is it slightly possible that yes last summer we could have got square pegs better value for money but the signings were not as terrible as some make out, circumstances just haven't allowed us to see the best of them?

The turn around for Pearce has been amazing, fine example of a player which was written off as a waste of money.

Still very early days for all the signings, patiently believing we have a secret weapon in Weimann just waiting for his opportunity.

Sorry to go against the grain here and it is easier to say coming off the back of a 2-0 win and early days, I still maintain that we have no idea how much involvement Evans had as many heads were involved and as we've been told, Clement had the final say after an hour on YouTube, how many were option D, E, F and not A, B or C.

Come in for some unfair stick on here, as with coaches behind the scenes, I fail to see how you can criticise a mans work if you have no idea what work he has done. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/10/2016 at 08:01, David said:

Carson (MOM), Christie, Pearce, Butterfield, Johnson & Bent all being praised for their performances yesterday and rightly so.....

Just over a year into their Derby careers for many of these signings with their 3rd manager now, 4th if you include Walsall.

These players were excellent saturday. Bent & Pearce were the stand out performers but Carson stole the show with some worldy saves.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can Chris Evans pull off a Christmas miracle and get The Martin home?!

This is a good shout to be fair... 

Chris is very good at getting deals done, Whether they are good or bad players. 

Martin himself has said he doesn't know whats going to happen now McClaren is back at Derby.

On 10/30/2016 at 08:01, David said:

Is it slightly possible that yes last summer we could have got square pegs better value for money but the signings were not as terrible as some make out, circumstances just haven't allowed us to see the best of them?

The turn around for Pearce has been amazing, fine example of a player which was written off as a waste of money.

Still very early days for all the signings, patiently believing we have a secret weapon in Weimann just waiting for his opportunity.

Sorry to go against the grain here and it is easier to say coming off the back of a 2-0 win and early days, I still maintain that we have no idea how much involvement Evans had as many heads were involved and as we've been told, Clement had the final say after an hour on YouTube, how many were option D, E, F and not A, B or C.

Come in for some unfair stick on here, as with coaches behind the scenes, I fail to see how you can criticise a mans work if you have no idea what work he has done. 

Can't remember him managing us :p

Chris Evans spoke to my mate and myself leaving the Utrecht training ground last year wishing us both well and was telling us to stay safe and to enjoy the rest of our weekend, which we did, he came across as a real nice fella and he'll do for me, glad he's returned and I'm sure he'll do well for us going forwards.

Archived