Derby supporters at away games

rammieib

I have to say that I find the behaviour of fans at some of the away games really pathetic.

Most away games I go to at some point you can guarantee in the concourse before the game they will on a few occasions begin the chanting on the "If you don't bounce..." and then proceed with throwing beer everywhere in the air.

I'm sorry but I for one really don't want to be covered in this stuff, and I'm sure there are plenty of children, women and the older generation who don't either. I don't hang around the concourses but normally all it takes is 5 minutes for these loud mouth yobs to become idiots.

I'm sure some of you are on here and it won't change because it isn't policed. I just wish some of you would have a little more respect for other people. Chant, make noise, support absolutely, but throwing beer over everyone is disgusting.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I find cringey is when Derby fans sing songs like "your just a small town in Yorkshire", or when we were at Rotherham I remember a poor man being hounded by Derby fans for being with his daughter, who was a pretty girl, Jimmy saville esq songs...some of the things I heard being shouted at him was nothing short of disgusting.

Needless to say he was loving it when they equalised at 3-3, part of me felt happy for him.

I said to my mate on Saturday when we started singing "your just a small town", we will lose this game.

What occurred to me on Saturday was just how many young lads, and I mean young, were wearing stone island coats, being rowdy.

Im getting old.

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What I find cringey is when Derby fans sing songs like "your just a small town in Yorkshire", or when we were at Rotherham I remember a poor man being hounded by Derby fans for being with his daughter, who was a pretty girl, Jimmy saville esq songs...some of the things I heard being shouted at him was nothing short of disgusting.

Needless to say he was loving it when they equalised at 3-3, part of me felt happy for him.

I said to my mate on Saturday when we started singing "your just a small town", we will lose this game.

What occurred to me on Saturday was just how many young lads, and I mean young, were wearing stone island coats, being rowdy.

Im getting old.

Your not getting old, the young are getting more and more sausagetish

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

I'm presuming you got caught up in the beer going everywhere on Saturday before the game ? Luckily I was stood over the other side ! We're you in the boy and barrell before hand too ? 

No not at all - I've got no interest in the drinking culture at football - trying to show off to one another etc

I simply entered the turnstyle at the wrong time and was walking through the crowd. Same at Hull last year in the play-offs, simply queuing for food.

DCFC, Police, Stewards etc no-one will have any interest in stopping it but nobody gives a **** about the 50-100 or so other people affected each time by the immaturity and patheticness of about 20-50 fans.

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

I have to say that I find the behaviour of fans at some of the away games really pathetic.

Most away games I go to at some point you can guarantee in the concourse before the game they will on a few occasions begin the chanting on the "If you don't bounce..." and then proceed with throwing beer everywhere in the air.

I'm sorry but I for one really don't want to be covered in this stuff, and I'm sure there are plenty of children, women and the older generation who don't either. I don't hang around the concourses but normally all it takes is 5 minutes for these loud mouth yobs to become idiots.

I'm sure some of you are on here and it won't change because it isn't policed. I just wish some of you would have a little more respect for other people. Chant, make noise, support absolutely, but throwing beer over everyone is disgusting.

It's not beer in the glasses at gigs!

when I was in Lens for the England v Wales game there were lads buying pints of watered down Carlsberg at €5 just to throw at the ceiling during the 'Vardy's on fire' song, the wannabe's are using football to try and be somebody.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

No not at all - I've got no interest in the drinking culture at football - trying to show off to one another etc

I simply entered the turnstyle at the wrong time and was walking through the crowd. Same at Hull last year in the play-offs, simply queuing for food.

DCFC, Police, Stewards etc no-one will have any interest in stopping it but nobody gives a **** about the 50-100 or so other people affected each time by the immaturity and patheticness of about 20-50 fans.

I like a pint or two before the match. On Saturday I went on the train so was able to have a few more. When I got to the ground I must have got there the same time as you. Fortunately I was bosting for the bog so I wasn't near the ***** throwing the beer. I'm not sure why they do it. I just think they make more noise in the concourse than they do when the game is on. I like my beer to stay in the glass until I drink it. From my point of view it looks very immature and suggest the people throwing the beer can't handle it thus that's why they are throwing it away.

Smoking in the toilets is my pet hate. Dirty inconsiderate people. I'm sure it's not just Derby though. As for the pee water they serve on most concourses masquerading as beer. I think throwing it is the best option, just not over other people though. 

9 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Smoking in the toilets is my pet hate. Dirty inconsiderate people. I'm sure it's not just Derby though. As for the pee water they serve on most concourses masquerading as beer. I think throwing it is the best option, just not over other people though. 

Yep I'm sure the majority of people have gone longer than 2 hours without a fag. It strikes me as an excuse to break the rules. A bit like when you were are school.

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

This is one, of about 253 reasons, why I don't go to away games. 

Archived