Open Training Session

Mafiabob

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always been aimed at families more these, be why they run during half term. Chance to have pics and get autographs. 

Can just imagine Johnny Russell running up to @Ninos offering his signature, nudging him out the way as he's looking out for patterns of play.

49 minutes ago, David said:

Always been aimed at families more these, be why they run during half term. Chance to have pics and get autographs. 

Can just imagine Johnny Russell running up to @Ninos offering his signature, nudging him out the way as he's looking out for patterns of play.

Imagine if you went and watched Mac talking for an hour and then Powell wheels out the tactics whiteboard. 

Just now, Alpha said:

Imagine if you went and watched Mac talking for an hour and then Powell wheels out the tactics whiteboard. 

Think thats what some were expecting, especially the Sheff Wed scouts that were there today under cover as 10 year olds

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

This may have been asked but to anyone who went, was Shackell there? 

Yes and someone put picture of him on this thread I think page 2. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Why were there so many children there, why weren't they at school? 'Hey Jonathan why weren't you at school today?Sorry miss I was watching the Derby County training session yesterday. Hmmmm

Half term

13 hours ago, David said:

My kids have gone to the last 3 and the youngest comes back with a load of selfies, autographs and generally buzzing. These sessions as you rightly say are all about the club bonding with the younger generation.

Does what's on the tin and its a good advert for a club aimed at being family friendly, most likely aimed to create the odd few new fans and future merchandise sales to boot.

29 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

My kids have gone to the last 3 and the youngest comes back with a load of selfies, autographs and generally buzzing. These sessions as you rightly say are all about the club bonding with the younger generation.

Does what's on the tin and its a good advert for a club aimed at being family friendly, most likely aimed to create the odd few new fans and future merchandise sales to boot.

Absolutely. 

The Club must be congratulated because they keep thinking in innovative ways and it is all designed to bring fans closer to the players and the Club. I'm sure that open training sessions will become a regular feature; they really help make a day pass by quickly during half-term when it is quite difficult for parents to keep children happy and entertained. There's also a health and well-being angle...watching grown men huffing and puffing and getting active is an inspiration to youngsters to get active themselves and sets a very good model in an age of increasing childhood obesity.   It was great to see the youngsters really enjoying themselves; the Club was handing out free flags to the kids and the concourse outlets were selling bacon rolls and coffee. 

The training session was probably a routine one with most of the stuff being the typical pre-match session. I'm sure that they will become a tad more interactive as they develop in the future. 

All in all great work by Derby County. They are bringing on a new generation of the Derby County Supporters Family.

Archived