Open Training Session

Mafiabob

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much too feedback but enjoyed it. Ince looked sharp and as did Bent tbf.

A few drills and in particular the first drill they did players looked to enjoy it and moved the ball around very quick. Seemed to be a good bond between the lads.

Sure more will add on in due course...

Had a free hour so popped over but couldn't stay to the very end. I suspected we'd see the same old keep away game,  attack v defence small sided game and a fun mcclaren exercise and that's exactly what he did. Nothing not seen on your basic fun Rams Player Rams training with mac videos. No patterns of play or any team instruction that I could see.

In terms of quality, this was a mini version of the actual games. Shots from long range sailing over and wide. Losing the ball in attack and little creative, defence splitting movement. Most players performed as on game day: not one standing out unless it's Pearce as usual.

Keogh Bryson and will Hughes didn't feature (although Will was there saw him grabbing a coffee) - presumably all three nursing niggles. No max Lowe or olsson. No blackman no camara at all. There was one other youth player out there, forgot his name but it wasn't Rawson Vernam cover or Stabana. McDonald ? 

Shackell was in full training and I thought he looked quite good and was focused. Pearce imperious. Christie Pearce and shackell basically shutting everything down. Elsnik and Hanson looked to me to be fine, and Hanson scored a really nice goal. 

if the session is anything to go by don't expect much creative attacking play and quality finishing. Butterfield and Johnson shanking shots over the bar and wide. We really should ban distance shooting until they learn how to penetrate.Vydra looked even more out of form here than he does in games. Ince and Weimann up and down . Russell and Anya positive.

Overall this was a microcosm of the games we've been watching:good defending, little creativity or ideas in attack and an inability to score with wasteful long range shooting. But then again this may have been just a little free open session with little attempt to put mcclarens plan into effect. So all it was good for maybe was seeing which players had niggles and who was training (shacks). 

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Had a free hour so popped over but couldn't stay to the very end. I suspected we'd see the same old keep away game,  attack v defence small sided game and a fun mcclaren exercise and that's exactly what he did. Nothing not seen on your basic fun Rams Player Rams training with mac videos. No patterns of play or any team instruction that I could see.

In terms of quality, this was a mini version of the actual games. Shots from long range sailing over and wide. Losing the ball in attack and little creative, defence splitting movement. Most players performed as on game day: not one standing out unless it's Pearce as usual.

Keogh Bryson and will Hughes didn't feature (although Will was there saw him grabbing a coffee) - presumably all three nursing niggles. No max Lowe or olsson. No blackman no camara at all. There was one other youth player out there, forgot his name but it wasn't Rawson Vernam cover or Stabana. McDonald ? 

Shackell was in full training and I thought he looked quite good and was focused. Pearce imperious. Christie Pearce and shackell basically shutting everything down. Elsnik and Hanson looked to me to be fine, and Hanson scored a really nice goal. 

if the session is anything to go by don't expect much creative attacking play and quality finishing. Butterfield and Johnson shanking shots over the bar and wide. We really should ban distance shooting until they learn how to penetrate.Vydra looked even more out of form here than he does in games. Ince and Weimann up and down . Russell and Anya positive.

Overall this was a microcosm of the games we've been watching:good defending, little creativity or ideas in attack and an inability to score with wasteful long range shooting. But then again this may have been just a little free open session with little attempt to put mcclarens plan into effect. So all it was good for maybe was seeing which players had niggles and who was training (shacks). 

It's ******* training

**** sake.

33 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Did you notice any err <ahem> drones a-flyin' over? :sleep:

52 minutes ago, Ninos said:

You say no Olsson? Well I can see a pictures of him in the training photos.. One youth player out there was Santos.. 

26 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

You say no Olsson? Well I can see a pictures of him in the training photos.. One youth player out there was Santos.. 

Thanks DEL ... yes it was Santos. Didn't notice olsson - think he was at the far end a lot then ... the most surprising omission was Blackman because I wasn't aware he was hurt ? Out of favour? 

17 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Thanks DEL ... yes it was Santos. Didn't notice olsson - think he was at the far end a lot then ... the most surprising omission was Blackman because I wasn't aware he was hurt ? Out of favour? 

Yeah he's injured. 

He posted on instagram that he was in the team photo's but not training but he is close to returning.

26 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I heard they sent him out to look for his shooting boots a couple of weeks ago and he still hasn't returned. :D

Archived