Derby v Sheff Wed (three years ago)

Bris Vegas

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of our biggest issues is the new loan system or lack of it.

Our hands are tied to an extent wioth regards to personnel.

With no hendrick, bryson is a must for the midfield to give us energy, help support the attacks, make those 3rd man runs etc.

Even more of an issue, given the whole thorne injured thing with Johnson having to play holding role. So we really dont have a lot of options at the moment in central midfield.

Again for their industry i would play weimann and russell, both work hard defensively and can break. I just dont like Ince, so many things he just cant do, work rate being the main one. maybe we could accomodate him, if he was a bit more creative, but he isnt. He only seems good at the odd well placed finish. but I just dont seem him linking up with Vydra much at all.

Due to the fact we dont have a Chris Martin type centre forward who can hold the ball and bring other players into play, i feel we are going to struggle with the 4-3-3 system.

So my team would be.

Carson

Rawson            Pearce

Anya                   Hanson            Olsson

Bryson             Johnson

Ince

Wiemann      Vydra

25 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

Due to the fact we dont have a Chris Martin type centre forward who can hold the ball and bring other players into play, i feel we are going to struggle with the 4-3-3 system.

So my team would be.

Carson

Rawson            Pearce

Anya                   Hanson            Olsson

Bryson             Johnson

Ince

Wiemann      Vydra

I guarantee that team would have worse problems than the one currently playing.

Johnson isn't skilled enough or mobile enough to play a more advanced role and has been doing well played at the base of midfield, so should remain there. Ince goes missing in games way too often to be played as an attacking midfielder. You'd also struggle defensively on the left hand side, there isn't enough legs between Pearce, Olsson and Johnson to effectively cover the space.

Archived