Not watched the last 4 games since Pearson sacked

Curtains

18 minutes ago, toddy said:

That's why we have failed under Clement, Wassall, Pearson and going into Mac part 2 - tweaks was not the answer.

Under Wassall there were some good performances, but some truly awful ones also.

Pearson came in and identified a problem within the players in the first game and used confidence as a fall back from last seasons failure. Was it really confidence or quality?

4 managers, same players - no consistency since January.

Are you saying all 4 managers were to blame?

Clement - his system got found out, I would explain this to you but you'd probably spout your usual nonsense about 'crossing the white line'.

Wassall - he did his job? By the end he had us performing? He has our second best managerial win percentage? The poor performances were at the start when he was changing our style of play and Hull, when he listened to Redknapp's advice of 'go direct'.

Pearson - he didn't identify a problem, the guy just had no idea what the **** he was doing with this squad of players and has broken the team.

Mac - seriously? He's had three games…

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News flash: Pearson has gone! Yes he had a big job to change the system but he  went about it all wrong, Warnock has created the new Manager bounce at Cardiff and he didn't have preseason and a transfer window. Move on ...

Lets have a good atmosphere on Saturday, SM has had a full week on the training pitch with the squad and I'm confident that a decent performance is due.

31 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

News flash: Pearson has gone! Yes he had a big job to change the system but he  went about it all wrong, Warnock has created the new Manager bounce at Cardiff and he didn't have preseason and a transfer window. Move on ...

Lets have a good atmosphere on Saturday, SM has had a full week on the training pitch with the squad and I'm confident that a decent performance is due.

Clement was actually going about changing the style of play correctly! I'm adamant that his endgame was for us to be a counter-attacking team. All the pacey players he signed, defending in shape and numbers… but at the same time we still passed the ball through the thirds. His signings were ***** but the actual change itself? He was doing it right.

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

I would say that as two of those managers were apparently parted company with because of internal disciplinary issues with them, one was a temporary manager and the current incumbent has only been there for 2 or 3 weeks, I would probably say that the players have not had it easy either. For the most part, we have some very good players who have suffered from inconsistencies with the manager / head coach roles.

Who's that then?

And what for?

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Clement - his system got found out, I would explain this to you but you'd probably spout your usual nonsense about 'crossing the white line'.

Wassall - he did his job? By the end he had us performing? He has our second best managerial win percentage? The poor performances were at the start when he was changing our style of play and Hull, when he listened to Redknapp's advice of 'go direct'.

Pearson - he didn't identify a problem, the guy just had no idea what the **** he was doing with this squad of players and has broken the team.

Really - 1st game in the play offs, arguable the most important game since the Wembley final.................

If you wonder back into August and pick up his after match interview, he will hear what he actually said - I think I started a thread based upon his comments, because they were a bit alarming.

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

If you wonder back into August and pick up his after match interview, he will hear what he actually said - I think I started a thread based upon his comments, because they were a bit alarming.

He spouted some nonsense about confidence didn't he? Nothing to do with the fact we had a lightweight attacking midfield runner at holding mid, our slowest but most physical midfielder wide left when we've had an enforced change which has forced us to play a 34 year old right back at left back and kept our two best players on the bench and instead electing to play a want-away midfielder and Darren Bent in their place! Yes Nigel, confidence! 

But when the players cross the white line and all that…

8 minutes ago, cannable said:

He spouted some nonsense about confidence didn't he? Nothing to do with the fact we had a lightweight attacking midfield runner at holding mid, our slowest but most physical midfielder wide left when we've had an enforced change which has forced us to play a 34 year old right back at left back and kept our two best players on the bench and instead electing to play a want-away midfielder and Darren Bent in their place! Yes Nigel, confidence! 

But when the players cross the white line and all that…

I forgot, you as a fan know more out coaching professional footballers than the whole of our coaching staff......:lol:

I give up!

34 minutes ago, toddy said:

I forgot, you as a fan know more out coaching professional footballers than the whole of our coaching staff......:lol:

I give up!

I don't know how to coach professional footballers but I certainly know more about this squad of players than Nigel Pearson! Without a doubt. But Christ, if I did know how to convey my ideas and coach them then we certainly wouldn't have found ourselves in the bottom three! And that's not me being arrogant, I think everybody on this forum, bar you, wouldn't have done as badly as Pearson either. The extent at which he misused this squad is frightening.  Like, seriously, what sort of policy is 'Fittest Eleven Get Picked'?! It's football, not a marathon.

Didn't Mel get a call from one of our other applicants who stated that "even I know you can't play four, four, two with two lightweight centre midfielders"? How bad is that? 

3 hours ago, cannable said:

In my opinion the players like you said here are suffering from different styles of play being enforced in the space of a year. Once Mac implements his philiosophy there will be an improvement. 

I don't know how to coach professional footballers but I certainly know more about this squad of players than Nigel Pearson! Without a doubt. But Christ, if I did know how to convey my ideas and coach them then we certainly wouldn't have found ourselves in the bottom three! And that's not me being arrogant, I think everybody on this forum, bar you, wouldn't have done as badly as Pearson either. The extent at which he misused this squad is frightening.  Like, seriously, what sort of policy is 'Fittest Eleven Get Picked'?! It's football, not a marathon.

Didn't Mel get a call from one of our other applicants who stated that "even I know you can't play four, four, two with two lightweight centre midfielders"? How bad is that? 

That football manager game has a lot to answer for...........:D

3 hours ago, cannable said:

Another fan knows more about tactical football than a coach who's been at most the top clubs in Europe and been assistant to one of the all time great managers. :D

That football manager game has a lot to answer for..........:thumbsup:

Just now, toddy said:

That football manager game has a lot to answer for...........:D

Football Manager? Nah, I've just watched some of these players for the best part of five years and understand what their strengths and weaknesses are and have seen what works and what doesn't… Jeff and Bryson in midfield? Christ, Bryson and Bailey looked more balanced than the former pair.

I'm not talking about some silly computer game, I'm talking about what managers have done in the past to get the best out of these players. If anything it was Pearson who was the employing computer game tactics! "OOOO he runs around a lot, I bet I can just get him to run around and tackle!"

If you can't see just how badly Pearson was utilising these players and doing everything possible to expose their weaknesses rather than their strengths then you really can't have been paying much attention these past three to five years!

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

Another fan knows more about tactical football than a coach who's been at most the top clubs in Europe and been assistant to one of the all time great managers. :D

That football manager game has a lot to answer for..........:thumbsup:

And yet he couldn't see that playing Hendrick up front was a stupid idea! And that Shackell can't pass a ball within ten seconds or receiving it!

It's not about knowing more about football, it's about seeing with your own eyes what's working and what's not and comparing in to what was working less than a year ago! You don't need to have a great knowledge of football, just a pair of eyes, a decent attention span and a bit of brain power!

Archived