Huddersfield Town v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, curtains said:

We have to laugh mate or we would cry. 

Good luck to the Rams against Wednesday I'll be there. 

Laughter's far easier than crying I'll give you that! Can't help but feel that every game without Martin though is a vindication for those of us who didn't want him sold.

Yep, good luck. Now uni has started again I don't get back up anywhere near as often as I would like, but fromthe sounds of things it doesn't seem like I'm missing too much.

6 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Laughter's far easier than crying I'll give you that! Can't help but feel that every game without Martin though is a vindication for those of us who didn't want him sold.

Yep, good luck. Now uni has started again I don't get back up anywhere near as often as I would like, but fromthe sounds of things it doesn't seem like I'm missing too much.

Got to say I wasn't bothered about Martin as he was playing poorly but if he came back I'd be happy with that too. 

I hope Vydra comes good though. 

Maybe they could hit it off together.

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Got to say I wasn't bothered about Martin as he was playing poorly but if he came back I'd be happy with that too. 

I hope Vydra comes good though. 

Maybe they could come good together? Martin being the big man with Vydra running off him. Bothers me that Pearson never even tried it and now Mac wil never get the oppportunity to.

8 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Maybe they could come good together? Martin being the big man with Vydra running off him. Bothers me that Pearson never even tried it and now Mac wil never get the oppportunity to.

Might have been though that FFP had to be taken into consideration even though we also sold Hendrick who incidentally I really rated and I think that is common knowledge as I also compared him to a Scholes TYPE player one time but not as good of course  .

Most on here didn't rate Hendrick but he is a big loss to us  

15 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Been offline for 3 days, and the conversation has moved from what odds should we be looking for promotion wise, to we're doomed and have no heart, players are gutless etc.

We must have been awful yesterday.

I spent Sunday sulking and staying away, it's going to be Wednesday before any "hope"  kicks in. I didn't see it either but from the comments here it didn't sound good. Mind you Sunday Newspaper says we were bright in patches but just stopped fighting in the last 15. Trying to persuade myself that it was an away game against 3rd in the league and if that's all that separates us then it isn't much. ...

But where the heck are the goals ! And please don't tell me that the sun would be shining if only CM was here. I actually think Johnson and Butterfield are underperforming. I don't mean playing badly or not trying, I mean not justifying their price tags or reputations. .... I hope with a week of training Mac might be able to imbue some confidence and cavalier barn storming attitude in all of them ... it's that HUNGER and DESIRE that's missing.

On 23/10/2016 at 18:52, reveldevil said:

Been offline for 3 days, and the conversation has moved from what odds should we be looking for promotion wise, to we're doomed and have no heart, players are gutless etc.

We must have been awful yesterday.

...or that football fans are incredibly fickle at times. We can either be 

A) Fantastic and going to win the league without dropping a point.

B) The worst football team to ever set foot in Derby

Well .. It's Wednesday evening and the spark has just glimmered after being doused by a bucket full of cold water at 4.48 ( or thereabouts ) last Saturday

Happy clappy mode engaged, Steve has had a week to inspire and coach the lads. By the time they set foot on the turf .. Ganders will be up, fighting spirit ignited.

.Hopefully a young gun or two will be blooded and we'll be up for it. Please please can we go in at half time a goal to the good and looking like winners ? 

Anyway, I'll be there dreaming as per usual .. You never know, Saturday could be the day we turn the corner and start firing on all cylinders. COYR

29 minutes ago, jono said:

Well .. It's Wednesday evening and the spark has just glimmered after being doused by a bucket full of cold water at 4.48 ( or thereabouts ) last Saturday

Happy clappy mode engaged, Steve has had a week to inspire and coach the lads. By the time they set foot on the turf .. Ganders will be up, fighting spirit ignited.

.Hopefully a young gun or two will be blooded and we'll be up for it. Please please can we go in at half time a goal to the good and looking like winners ? 

Anyway, I'll be there dreaming as per usual .. You never know, Saturday could be the day we turn the corner and start firing on all cylinders. COYR

Loving the spirit @jono.

I don't think we will start firing on all cylinders for a while (I think we are missing a few 'parts' for that to happen) but I do think we will start to see steady improvement. 

To me this is McClaren's first 'real game', in the sense that he has actually had time to start getting his ideas across. I'm not expecting miracles on saturday and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose the game. I just want to see us another step forward, no matter how small, from our performance against Leeds.

36 minutes ago, jono said:

I think the spark was doused at 2:30 last Saturday at the back of the stand with Beer.

Having been away and only just seen the highlights, the goal was IMO partly good play by them but also poor defending by Olsson. Keogh is trying to close down the cross, Pearce is there to cut out the cross and Olsson has to mark the man who scores. The cross is a great one and just clears Pearce, with Olsson making no challenge at all. Reminiscent of Wolves away last year.

Having said that, creating chances/scoring goals is our biggest problem. 

1 minute ago, sage said:

Having been away and only just seen the highlights, the goal was IMO partly good play by them but also poor defending by Olsson. Keogh is trying to close down the cross, Pearce is there to cut out the cross and Olsson has to mark the man who scores. The cross is a great one and just clears Pearce, with Olsson making no challenge at all. Reminiscent of Wolves away last year.

Having said that, creating chances/scoring goals is our biggest problem. 

I think you're right here @sage. It's one of those sort of goals that's only heavily scrutinized because it came so late and because it majorly affected the result. If that had been scored as a consolation goal for a 2-1 result or if the result was 1-1 and they scored first, I don't think we'd really be discussing the ins and outs of it. 

Any defence cannot be relied on to defend such narrow margins game after game.

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Loving the spirit @jono.

I don't think we will start firing on all cylinders for a while (I think we are missing a few 'parts' for that to happen) but I do think we will start to see steady improvement. 

To me this is McClaren's first 'real game', in the sense that he has actually had time to start getting his ideas across. I'm not expecting miracles on saturday and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose the game. I just want to see us another step forward, no matter how small, from our performance against Leeds.

You are the ultimate realist ?... Yes of course you are right in terms of the harsh realities of life in the bottom half of the table and pretty formless

My own feeling though is that regardless of where we are in the redevelopment process I honestly think that in a home game, we should least we be hoping for a win and having a good chance of that hope being crystallised . Yep putting up grudgingly with a draw but I don't see a defeat at home as step forward unless it's 3-4 and we just got unlucky. ... We have to get first points, then goals and then a positive performance .. We need 2 of those 3 for it to be a step forward. A grim 1-0 win isn't quite enough .. We did that against Leeds .. So a step forward has to have something else 

( I'd take the points though once I've finished tonight's rambling polemic ?)

3 minutes ago, jono said:

You are the ultimate realist ?... Yes of course you are right in terms of the harsh realities of life in the bottom half of the table and pretty formless

I might be a realist but in fairness it means I don't sway emotionally either way :lol:.

5 minutes ago, jono said:

My own feeling though is that regardless of where we are in the redevelopment process I honestly think that in a home game, we should least we be hoping for a win and having a good chance of that hope being crystallised . Yep putting up grudgingly with a draw but I don't see a defeat at home as step forward unless it's 3-4 and we just got unlucky. ... We have to get first points, then goals and then a positive performance .. We need 2 of those 3 for it to be a step forward. A grim 1-0 win isn't quite enough .. We did that against Leeds .. So a step forward has to have something else 

The aim should always be to win and I do see your point about it be difficult to see a step forward in a loss. Why I said I wouldn't be surprised if we lose is because right now until we get things going in attack we are going to be very susceptible to losing to the odd goal plus we won't have Hughes for the game. What I'm really looking to see from this game is to build on the performance at Leeds and start carving out a couple chances, if we get that I think it will be a sign that we are starting to recover.

Archived