Supporters Committee & Sausages

David

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, David said:

Sorry if I'm drip feeding info, not my intention but player abuse on social media. The club do monitor and if you are seen to be abusing players expect to hear from the club or its legal department, they have already started with some prolific users.

Needless to say this includes the forum. Criticism fine, abuse no.

I should like to go on record here and state that, in contrast to what was continually said after my credentials and persona were unfortunately hacked many years ago, that Alan Durban is not to blame for everything.

It was John McGovern.

31 minutes ago, David said:

Sorry if I'm drip feeding info, not my intention but player abuse on social media. The club do monitor and if you are seen to be abusing players expect to hear from the club or its legal department, they have already started with some prolific users.

Hallelujah

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Come on lads, where's the negative reaction posts?

lets be avin youuuuu!!!!!!

Can't believe you weren't representing the forum, given that one of the attendees can't even be bothered to get to our biggest game of the season, and that's not even taking into consideration the hissy fit he had the last time someone suggested another breakfast club :whistle:

1 hour ago, David said:

There was a suggestion of rotating committee members on say a 6 month rotation so that more fans get the opportunity to be involved.

IF this forum is given 2 seats a vote on the forum is definitely one way of elected which members represent us.

Rotation is the fairest way in my opinion and hopefully the club go down this route.

David

I think a 12 month term (or even 24 months if meetings are infrequent) of office would be more appropriate to allow members to get to know the way the committee works and get to know others who are on it. It would also allow someone to see processes through rather than join and leave halfway through an initiative. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Can't believe you weren't representing the forum, given that one of the attendees can't even be bothered to get to our biggest game of the season, and that's not even taking into consideration the hissy fit he had the last time someone suggested another breakfast club :whistle:

I can neither confirm or deny that I turned the gig down.

but I was busy last night on a pre booked theatre trip if that helps.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I can neither confirm or deny that I turned the gig down.

but I was busy last night on a pre booked theatre trip if that helps.

No excuse, hopefully in future who ever you elect at least wears the trousers in their house :-)

2 hours ago, t'oldu said:

As a fellow ewe. I think this is an important question. Over the years it was often said to me by outsiders that they were amazed at the number of female fans / supporters visible at the ground when we were regular Central TV Sunday afternoon viewing. There are many long-standing, very knowledgeable  ewes who should be represented on any fan's committee. It would be easy to invite those who have run Supporter's clubs for many years. 

Why? Do Ewes and Rams have different needs? Can't we all just be fans?

11 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

No excuse, hopefully in future who ever you elect at least wears the trousers in their house :-)

Thanks for the request to be considered for the role via pm btw, I'm sure Daveo will put your name into the hat with the others. ?

6 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Why? Do Ewes and Rams have different needs? Can't we all just be fans?

In some things yes we do. Merchandise, catering, practical things, bringing kids, attending alone etc. Are there ladies around who would like to go to matches but not on their own maybe? There are aspects that are somewhat differently viewed by females. Personally speaking I'm only 5'1" and the view from down here is compromised sometimes :D

Was the female rep from Rams Trust by any chance? Elaine Dean was it? 

So, we're using a group of supporters to filter the mood, opinions and general zeitgeist on social media and around the pubs and shop floors and feed back to the club.

I'd imagine it'll boil down to wanting to win more games, have cheaper tickets and quicker bar service at half time though. Happy stuff when we're winning, grumbles when we're not. At least the club could use the feedback to communicate directly on the issues of the day...but two weeks ago anyone could tell you what the issues of the day were, and when it's going well there probably aren't any major themes to report back.

I'm trying to like the idea of a supporters committee, but unsure what it can achieve. I like the fact that the club is actively seeking opinion though; the goodwill and engagement that creates in itself is probably worth the effort.

Got to say fair play to the club on this one. It's easy to engage the fans when things are going well on the pitch and everything is fine and dandy, but I think it's a big positive that they are willing to communicate when we're 21st in the league and on our 3rd manager in a year.

I don't agree with quite a few decisions made since January 2014, but can't knock them for this. Must be amongst the best in the league/country for this sort of thing amongst clubs that aren't actually owned by the fans.

Democratic decision over who represents the forum gets my vote.

I agree with @sagethat a little longer time would be more productive unless you're going to meet very frequently. I think 12 months is about right. 

On the female issue (and I am clearly one) I am a bit ambivalent.  If we are about 20% of fan base ? then you've got to hope that is reflected naturally across the groups nominating representatives. Only if it isn't then it would need to be considered over time.

We are probably a lot less than 20% on here - unless we just don't say much - so to ask for a female rep would be a bit unfair. What about every other minority group? You could end up with the cartoon female gay black disabled elder! Has that offended everybody?! :D

The two or three people I find most in line with my own views about the football and club on here are all men anyway. I 'd vote for one of them. 

Finally, there is obviously some overlap between groups so it would be very helpful to know where that is. From his post it seems @Woodypecker was there last night - but not easy to guess in what capacity. 

I do think in the modern age of social media it is necessary to filter supporter's opinions a little, I'll be interested to see if in the long term a Supporters' committee manages to do so while still hearing the majority of the fanbases problems.

Will the idea be for the reps of DCFC Fans to go in with a list of subjects brought forward in a thread between each meeting? The two reps being the lucky people who get to eat sausages but being everyone's voice?

1 hour ago, David said:

Not that I do any of that myself but from a free speech point of view that's pretty worrying. Legal department? What are they counting as abuse here? This whole police investigating people for mean tweets thing needs to stop and I don't want DCFC to have anything to do with it.

Archived