Supporters Committee & Sausages

Day

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you actually have to eat two plates of sausages while everyone else enjoyed a proper meal?! :lol:

(And if not, what happened to the sausages, and why has the club changed its policy from a zero-sausage-buying club to one that so flippantly wastes sausages with absolute disregard and no expense spared? This club is a joke...etc)

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Never heard of Podcast, Active or Collection, what are they all about (I can guess the podcast one!!!)

Rams Active are the Mortimer brothers, not familiar with the group myself although Mel was positively nodding away as they introduced themselves and said what great work they do.

DCFC Collection the same as above really, didn't get much chance to talk one on one with them.

34 minutes ago, Derbados said:

If elected, i vow to do everything in my power to convince Steve to finally take the plunge and let go of his hair. 

It is then that he will evolve into his final form, the bald eagle 2.0, and it will be glorious 

vote4.jpg?w=300&h=231

Surely Mac needs to lose the tuft but grow it long at the back to get that real "bald eagle" look. 

32 minutes ago, David said:

There was one.

8 groups were invited, each with 2 invites and was each group was free to choose who represented them.

We was asked to keep the meeting private until after so I wasn't able to say run a forum vote, now we are free to discuss the committee as I said to Angry Ram earlier a forum vote/nomination would be the way I would probably look to go in future.

Then I'd like to suggest that a female member be chosen at least once. It's right that Derby have a large number of female followers on match days and on social media. Doesn't matter how much we like equality things are different from a female perspective. 

7 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Never heard of Podcast, Active or Collection, what are they all about (I can guess the podcast one!!!)

Rams Active is for yoghurt eaters, and DCFC Collection for Fashionistas. Don't bother applying.

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Did you actually have to eat two plates of sausages while everyone else enjoyed a proper meal?! :lol:

(And if not, what happened to the sausages, and why has the club changed its policy from a zero-sausage-buying club to one that so flippantly wastes sausages with absolute disregard and no expense spared? This club is a joke...etc)

Kind of worked out well as I'm not really eating at the moment with a stomach issue so didn't order anything. 

Seemed rude not to try one tho when they arrived, was a great sausage. Was torture.

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Joel's been doing a great job with the podcast for quite a while now. DCFC Collection is Andy, he looks after all of the clubs heritage, he has so much stuff that is invaluable to the club. Active Rams, I think, are a group set up between DCFC and the Council, correct me if I'm wrong though!

I didn't go yesterday but a couple of the other guys did. We have a female member of our group btw who will go in the future!

Hopefully people will see this as a positive initiative by the club, it's a great opportunity to get thoughts concerns and ideas to the top of the club. Whether people are part of those groups or not, I'm sure they will take questions and ideas from others!!

4 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Then I'd like to suggest that a female member be chosen at least once. It's right that Derby have a large number of female followers on match days and on social media. Doesn't matter how much we like equality things are different from a female perspective. 

We could have a competition to select them - call it something like "The Miss Ram Competition" - each one interviewed by the host and then a swimsuit parade and then the winner would get a sash and a tiara to wear and then....or am I going off at too much of a tangent?

More seriously, don't limit it to just one female member - most of the women that sit near me have plenty to say about the state of the club and can probably put their point across in a far more reasoned way than the usual ranting of the men....just don't let the mad woman behind me get selected (her main contribution being to shout out "What are you doin'.." repeatedly whenever anyone misplaces a pass....)

Sorry if I'm drip feeding info, not my intention but player abuse on social media. The club do monitor and if you are seen to be abusing players expect to hear from the club or its legal department, they have already started with some prolific users.

Needless to say this includes the forum. Criticism fine, abuse no.

Thanks to David for the initial report.

I'll hope to add some more thoughts later or on Sunday but apologies for any late response, as I'll be travelling as usual to the game and then catching up later.

The sausage plates were an amazing jibe from Mel to David - and the look on his face was a picture! Someone should have captured that, too!

The main theme that came across was Mel's incredible passion, restless energy, and burning vision of what DCF can become. He dearly wants, as far as possible, fan loyalty and the team to be supported and encouraged - it's not the first time he's conveyed his deep dislike of booing and the toxicity that some fans think is the only response to poor results and performances or managerial problems. 

There weren't any negatives from Friday night; Mel and the DCFC staff want to be open and transparent with the fans, facilitate ideas, projects and initiatives from those willing or interested in engaging community, fans, heritage and so on.

Hopefully everyone acknowledges that the fan groups present are disparate, but though they work (voluntarily) towards many things on behalf of club and fans, few if any of the fans present IMHO have aspirations of some sort of committee or pyramid dominance. They want to get to know and to work with each other.

Likewise, forum condemnation and criticism of personalities, groups or participants in these aim is unproductive, obstructive, lazy, and cheap. 

Many fans just want the football, some vent their frustrations in a damaging and hostile manner - they are impatient for success and you can't change everybody, you can't eliminate negativity totally.

However, the club want to engage with the fans, I would say in my decades of supporting DCFC, this is the most vivid and determined manifestation of that aim and willingness.

The fans present on Friday IMHO all felt privileged to have access to the club in this way and to try and achieve things among the fans and community in the name of DCFC, and in the cause of making the club great again.

I'm sure we don't feel entitled or presumptive and are grateful that the club wants to forward any objectives and projects that participants might come up with and ask to bring to fruition, be it Punjabi Rams, 1884, SCs or other contributors - we are all the same resource and community.

Not everyone out there in fanland wants to engage like this, or has time, Yes, it's a tall order but I think those present at such focussed forums hope to help the club forwards, help to bring the fans along with those initiatives.

Join a group if you can, share your ideas, pass on your praise or grumbles about the cub. They will be heard.

Don't poke sticks through the railings.

If not, just support them, they are just fans like you who want to see Derby back at the top. Take and interest, enjoy their voluntary efforts for what they are - part of the whole effort of celebrating, building and sustaining our football club.

The return of The Mac could be the start of the 'dynasty' we all hoped it would be first time around.

Let's play a part and start by getting behind the boys, believe in them to give them belief, We can do it.

C O Y R

19 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

19 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

More seriously, don't limit it to just one female member - most of the women that sit near me have plenty to say about the state of the club and can probably put their point across in a far more reasoned way than the usual ranting of the men....just don't let the mad woman behind me get selected (her main contribution being to shout out "What are you doin'.." repeatedly whenever anyone misplaces a pass....)

Or the women who shout 'mark up'! And 'find a white shirt', 'get goal side' as they are failing to separate the ipro from the racecourse on Sunday mornings where their treasured offspring are playing 

2 hours ago, David said:

Last night myself and Scott went to the iPro Stadium for dinner with Mel, Sam, McClaren, Tyrell, Pearce, Michael Johnson, Roy McFarland, Roger Davies and several fan groups/organisations.

I can confirm the club have addressed the lack of meat issue, a banterous Mel had organised a personalised sausage starter for myself, followed by a full plate of sausages for my main course.

Not sure if that was organised before or after we was all asked to introduce ourselves and I spoke of being very friendly with Mel's lawyers as he threw daggers in arm gestures.

The purpose for the dinner was discuss the supporters committee that was teased recently at the Marketing Derby Q&A.

As of now the committee is still just an idea and those that attended will meet with the club in 6 weeks to hold further talks.

This is not just a DCFC Fans Forum committee, each group/organisation the club invited were given 2 invites and does not guarantee myself or Scott a seat on this committee however I would like to see this forum represented given how many active fans we have.

The committee once finalised will meet with the  club on a regular basis and given the opportunity to raise any issues, ask questions on behalf of the fans they represent.

I know from speaking with Mel privately before tonight he is aware not all fans will be accepting shall we say of the committee although it is hoped the majority will see this as a positive move forward in club and fan relations.

I did have the opportunity to ask a question on Chris Martin. The situation is that Martin could return although this would have to be mutually agreed by both clubs. As of now McClaren is more than happy with the forwards he has, in January he may feel different. 

McClaren, grateful for the opportunity, considers himself to be very lucky. First thing Mel an Steve did was laugh when they first met.

Wants to bring back the entertaining football we was spoilt with in 13/14, 4-4-2 is a thing of the past, was shaking his head as Mel relived the Pearson era.

The Derby Way has never changed, Pearson was fully on board yet failed to deliver. Drones, players running to Mel was totally rubbished.

Scott asked the question of Manager v Head Coach, was told not to read too much into the title. 

If anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer with Scott, you're probably thinking what use are you if you can't remember, I'm on my phone in a hotel room and the evening was 4hrs with free alcohol, need I say more? 

To be fair nobody abused the free bar and I was able to leave the ground in a straight line, hopefully at future meetings we will be able to take notes or recordings.

Was a great night with plenty of banter and flying around, I know the club will be reading so would like to say thanks once again.

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

Very good, thank you David.

I think the Supporters' Committee is a very good idea. Sam Rush and Mel clearly understand that the very best organisations stay very close and connected with their customers; (I suspect Sam is the original architect of the Committee initiative). It will though need a lot of serious thought and hard-work if it is to be anything other than an "in crowd". It's very clear that opinions on matters Derby County are wildly different amongst Derby supporters (eg the supporters' team as polled by the Derby Telegraph didn't even have Will Hughes starting FFS!). Given the sheer heterogeneity of views I don't think such a committee can ever be "representative" of Derby fans at large and I suspect this will be acknowledged. That said, the Club should still persevere with it. 

The whole point of the Committee should be to bring supporters and the Club closer together in every sense of the word. Perhaps there should be 1 or 2 projects  that are "prototypes" to consolidate this principle. One of these could be the match day atmosphere which the 1884 group have already started. More can and should be done on this although I acknowledge that it is very hard work and often offset by how the team are faring. The pre-match build up needs work. In the years when we had terracing at the BBG, the atmosphere was often electric by the time the players ran out because the fans created it in the absence of the modern things that stop that (you know what I mean...fan cams etc). Working on this more will be mutually beneficial to fans and Team as a great atmosphere will infect the team with inspiration. I also think the concourses need to be made more Personalised (call it "Personalisation" - it's a concept that is very much part of the zeitgeist in health and wellbeing inititives) to the fans...instead of bland walls there should be art-work on the walls, grafitti and memorabilia, the opportunity for fans to record their feelings "on the spur of the moment" so that an archive of memories of the match-moments are captured for posterity..

I could go on and on but I think that would be a good start... 

The Committee idea needs to be given good PR and sold as widely as possible to fans and there needs to be opportunity given and shared with as many fans as possible...otherwise it will become a clique, a cadre and a failure. It needs a lot of thought before it forms otherwise it will quickly wither amongst the wider collective consciousness as being a viable and valid reflection of supporters. It is a superb idea though and could be a prototype that other Clubs adopt. We have an opportunity to be at the leading edge... 

1 hour ago, David said:

This is an opportunity for us to raise issues, ask questions or bring suggestions to the club on behalf of the forum.

The club are aware that this committee will not speak on behalf of the entire fan base.

What this isn't is a chance for X members to go into the club raising their own personal issues or recommending players for McClaren

Did you duck when you read it, or was my humour subtle or just crap

Appreciate it may not have been the time or the place but was the Radio Derby blackout from the Reading game mentioned at all? 

Very good initiative though, feels like everything had turned a little bit sour so it's good that steps are being made to rehabilitate that.

Archived