Supporters Committee & Sausages

David

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, David said:

This is an opportunity for us to raise issues, ask questions or bring suggestions to the club on behalf of the forum.

The club are aware that this committee will not speak on behalf of the entire fan base.

What this isn't is a chance for X members to go into the club raising their own personal issues or recommending players for McClaren

This. This is vitally important, we can't have the people who get offended by every decision the club makes going down there to represent the forum, it would be chaos. What we need are level headed individuals who can ask good questions.

3 minutes ago, David said:

This is an opportunity for us to raise issues, ask questions or bring suggestions to the club on behalf of the forum.

The club are aware that this committee will not speak on behalf of the entire fan base.

What this isn't is a chance for X members to go into the club raising their own personal issues or recommending players for McClaren

In that case wouldn't it be easier if it was  always you and Scott?

That way you get to build relationships and trust with the club employees. 

Just take a variety of questions and suggestions pulled from the forum, and report back like you have already.

The club will still be running open Q&A events hopefully, to enable the wider fan base to engage directly.

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

Can I ask a serious question please? No agenda for complaint here, but how was the female fan base represented last night? 

There was one.

8 groups were invited, each with 2 invites and was each group was free to choose who represented them.

We was asked to keep the meeting private until after so I wasn't able to say run a forum vote, now we are free to discuss the committee as I said to Angry Ram earlier a forum vote/nomination would be the way I would probably look to go in future.

18 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Can I ask a serious question please? No agenda for complaint here, but how was the female fan base represented last night? 

As a fellow ewe. I think this is an important question. Over the years it was often said to me by outsiders that they were amazed at the number of female fans / supporters visible at the ground when we were regular Central TV Sunday afternoon viewing. There are many long-standing, very knowledgeable  ewes who should be represented on any fan's committee. It would be easy to invite those who have run Supporter's clubs for many years. 

20 minutes ago, David said:

Good point, although this sounds like a perfect place for posters to advise the club what formation we should be playing and who should be playing where. The group could meet Mel and Steve each Saturday at around 1.45pm.

8 minutes ago, David said:

There was one.

8 groups were invited, each with 2 invites and was each group was free to choose who represented them.

We was asked to keep the meeting private until after so I wasn't able to say run a forum vote, now we are free to discuss the committee as I said to Angry Ram earlier a forum vote/nomination would be the way I would probably look to go in future.

Who were the 8 groups that were invited?

26 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

In that case wouldn't it be easier if it was  always you and Scott?

That way you get to build relationships and trust with the club employees. 

Just take a variety of questions and suggestions pulled from the forum, and report back like you have already.

The club will still be running open Q&A events hopefully, to enable the wider fan base to engage directly.

My thoughts are to reopen a board on the forum similar to the club suggestions, one that would be used to submit any questions, raise issues or suggestions to take to the club.

As for building relationships I don't want myself and Scott to be seen as cosying up to the club creating similar issues that we saw after Moor Farm visits.

You will know Revel that prior to meeting you before the first Moor Farm visit that we had no prior contact yet was seen to be an "elite" member or up my...ahem.

I would like 1 forum staff member be it myself or a moderator and one member from the forum decided by a voting process.

This for me would be the fairest way possible IF we was to get 2 seats. As yet no numbers have been finalised, could have more or less yet.

41 minutes ago, David said:

There was a suggestion of rotating committee members on say a 6 month rotation so that more fans get the opportunity to be involved.

IF this forum is given 2 seats a vote on the forum is definitely one way of elected which members represent us.

Rotation is the fairest way in my opinion and hopefully the club go down this route.

This is great news. I think a vote on this forum would be awesome. Members should put themselves forward and offer a statement as to why they should represent the users of this forum. If selected they take up a seat for X amount of time and once that is completed they can't be chosen again. 

Archived