POLL: (requested by Anon). McClaren's objectives; What is acceptable

Mostyn6

what final league position fans would find acceptable enough to keep McClaren?  

291 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Pearson hadn't of been so stubborn then we should be top 6

if SM didn't keep persisting with 4-3-3, we should be top 6

however under Pearson we craved 4-3-3, now we are questioning 4-4-2 which didn't work under Pearson 

just write this season off, it's Mel I feel for, but we were questioning him too not long ago

all the joys of following Derby 

1. Get back to exciting football.

2. Get performances right again...results will follow.

3. Get Martin, Thorne, Bryson, Russell, back/free from injury

4. Get rid of the failed big money players (we all know who we mean).

5. Sign 1 player who shows leadership and maturity and who inspires youth (FFS we had one in Jake Buxton and sold him).

6. More youth & Academy...Farend Rawson should be in the squad / pushing for a place, Elsnik. I'm not convinced Mac is "buying" into bringing on the Academy yet we sacked Clement for not doing so. 

We should not be considering giving Mac the heave-ho - he is the right man for the job. We have done very well to get where we are.

It is timely to hear now from Sam Rush or Mel Morris...we need some rallying calls and some wise words to bring the Club back together. The headless chickens are running free again and apparently the sky (Not Sky TV) is falling in. :mellow: 

Hope and prayer other teams doesn't put 11 men behind the ball (God damn Wigan and there Blueprint on how to beat us!). Just like they did when Mclaren struggled last time. Then the results will follow.

Maybe we'll stop passing it sideways and back when we win the ball and letting the opposition back into shape the amount of times I've seen us give the other team time to get back into shape is amazing.

Last but not least maybe we can get more then 1 or 2 players in the ******* box.. Especially back post which seems to have a danger sign on it or god for bid a near post run maybe they think a sniper is going to shoot them? Who knows..

23 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

If Pearson hadn't of been so stubborn then we should be top 6

if SM didn't keep persisting with 4-3-3, we should be top 6

however under Pearson we craved 4-3-3, now we are questioning 4-4-2 which didn't work under Pearson 

just write this season off, it's Mel I feel for, but we were questioning him too not long ago

all the joys of following Derby 

The Pearson 442 was diabolical though.

Bryson and Will/Jeff holding. Bent over Martin through choice. Blackman wide right, then Butters in a weird 'start wide right then drift into the DM' role. Johnson wide left. Then Wilson and Vydra up front, both doing a lot of running and little else.

There was no clear sign as to how it was supposed to work. 

• 2 months later...

Only 21% thought that the playoffs were a reasonable expectation.

I just don't quite get the impression that 78% of us are happy finishing 8th-10th.

But, perhaps we should be!

I just want Forest to be relegated, so that 100% of us can be happy.

12 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Only 21% thought that the playoffs were a reasonable expectation.

I just don't quite get the impression that 78% of us are happy finishing 8th-10th.

But, perhaps we should be!

I just want Forest to be relegated, so that 100% of us can be happy.

There are 6269 members of this forum, so at the very most only 99.9804% would be happy, not even taking into account @Red_Dawn etc  ?

I'll preface this by saying I'm happy with Rowett as an appointment and as Mel said in his letter, the almost unanimous support he's getting from everyone associated with the club is doing wonders for the atmosphere and attitude around Derby.

But I'd be much more excited going into this summer with McClaren in charge.

There is no way you can convince me that going into next season with a McClaren team with a core of Ince, Thorne, Keogh Hughes, Forsyth and Martin (along with reshaping the squad in the summer) wouldn't have made a massive push for promotion. I'd have expected play-off's minimum and fancied us for the top two. It's all academic now but I really wish Mac had made it through the bad patch, I think we could have been fantastic.

When I think of this summer, despite knowing who our manager is going to be, there's still a lot of uncertainty and I think it's going to be a bit of an ordeal. Rebuilding isn't exciting.

I think Rowett will be much better for the long term health of the club but if I think about football as pure entertainment, I'm sort of disappointed.

Archived