The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

What I find interesting is that nearly everybody seems to be of the opinion that Pearson did the wrong thing in loaning him out. Sure, some think we should've sold him and others think we should've kept him, but almost no one thinks we should have loaned him out! Another one of Pearson's mistakes.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin is a quality player at this level, there's little evidence to contradict that. His record speaks for itself and the quality of our attacking play with him on form was some of the best I've seen as a Ram.

What he needs is the right balance of love / kick up the arse and a system that plays to his strengths. Since McClaren we haven't had a manger capable of or willing to play to Martin 's strengths and our team has done progressively worse as a result (i believe it's ONE of a number of factors before haters get hatin')

I'd have him back in a flash if we had a manager that believed in him and was willing to play a system that brought the best out in him. Without that his career at Derby is effectively over and I hope he finds somewhere that suits him.

Won't knock Martin as he has had some very very good seasons for us ,but  I think if we ever manage to get our team playing as a unit again vydra will be better than Martin , there's more to vydra than just sitting on the last defender making pace runs in behind ,,, just watch some of the highlights of his time with us and I can tell you from watching him live at reading he has a touch , drops deeper for the ball when needed , can link play and can score and he chases down defenders and presses them forcing mistakes from them and stopping them playing out easily , watch his part in the move with anya where he heads and the keeper saves point blank and then tell me he deosnt have far more in the locker than martin

2 minutes ago, archied said:

Won't knock Martin as he has had some very very good seasons for us ,but  I think if we ever manage to get our team playing as a unit again vydra will be better than Martin , there's more to vydra than just sitting on the last defender making pace runs in behind ,,, just watch some of the highlights of his time with us and I can tell you from watching him live at reading he has a touch , drops deeper for the ball when needed , can link play and can score and he chases down defenders and presses them forcing mistakes from them and stopping them playing out easily , watch his part in the move with anya where he heads and the keeper saves point blank and then tell me he deosnt have far more in the locker than martin

I do like Vydra and he does seem a good striker. I just think he needs to try and get on the ball more to affect the game, as he doesn't show for the ball enough for me at the minute.

2 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Martin is a quality player at this level, there's little evidence to contradict that. His record speaks for itself and the quality of our attacking play with him on form was some of the best I've seen as a Ram.

What he needs is the right balance of love / kick up the arse and a system that plays to his strengths. Since McClaren we haven't had a manger capable of or willing to play to Martin 's strengths and our team has done progressively worse as a result (i believe it's ONE of a number of factors before haters get hatin')

I'd have him back in a flash if we had a manager that believed in him and was willing to play a system that brought the best out in him. Without that his career at Derby is effectively over and I hope he finds somewhere that suits him.

Time catches up with everyone, cm's barren spells have started to become more apparent.  He will come good again but it will be for a shorter period each time.  It is a heck of a risk to keep playing him in the hope he hits form.  Sad but it is hardly unique.  

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Time catches up with everyone, cm's barren spells have started to become more apparent.  He will come good again but it will be for a shorter period each time.  It is a heck of a risk to keep playing him in the hope he hits form.  Sad but it is hardly unique.  

He's 27! Not 37.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Martin in the box with Vydra and Anya creating the chances they do would be lethal, sending Martin out on loan on transfer deadline day should have been the wake up call for most fans.

Sell him for 6 million yes, but send him out on loan, our best striker in years, was an insult to him and the fans.

Personally, I felt his performances for Derby in the first 4/5 games was a real insult to the fans. That last game against Burton really summed up his attitude.

6 minutes ago, Boss said:

Personally, I felt his performances for Derby in the first 4/5 games was a real insult to the fans. That last game against Burton really summed up his attitude.

What was it about that performance and his attitude that summed him up? Genuine question as I want to know what I am missing.

I think the diving around, not looking interested, blaming others, generally not moving for a ball unless it's placed right at his feet one cm to his left or right the toys are thrown out the pram.

I thought he came back looking fitter but still not the same player. He used to look hungry and shown plenty of ability to find the net etc with the whole team built around him.

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Martin in the box with Vydra and Anya creating the chances they do would be lethal, sending Martin out on loan on transfer deadline day should have been the wake up call for most fans.

Sell him for 6 million yes, but send him out on loan, our best striker in years, was an insult to him and the fans.

Only agree he should have been sold permanently.

His performances and total lack of effort were an insult to Derby fans. Now at least he gets to insult a different clubs set of supporters.

Give up, dude. He blows. Move on. 

45 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

41 minutes ago, Boss said:

Agree. But like i've said before, I would take him back in January with open arms. 

Maybe going out on loan to Fulham is the wake up call HE needed. 

He needs to see how lucky he is to be at this club and if he does leave then there is every possibility he would regret it for the rest of his career.

41 minutes ago, Boss said:

Yes but it was the same performance he always puts in. Its just that he wasn't getting a free ride at Burton and the other games. He had to justify selection which he could never do. 

11 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yes but it was the same performance he always puts in. Its just that he wasn't getting a free ride at Burton and the other games. He had to justify selection which he could never do. 

ROFL

You do realise how you make yourself look with your anti-Martin tirade? Did he shag your partner?

Archived