The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

Well he has not scored a goal all season, has not since April 5th last season.

He is worth what somebody wants to pay, as I said earlier if in doubt ask them if he is a good buy?

If he is also a bad influence in the dressing room, would you want he back away?

*rolls eyes*

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, toddy said:

Well he has not scored a goal all season, has not since April 5th last season.

He is worth what somebody wants to pay, as I said earlier if in doubt ask them if he is a good buy?

If he is also a bad influence in the dressing room, would you want he back away?

Here's the thing we currently need a striker who is a good link-up man because the squad chronically lacks one and is a major symptom of Pearson's poor tactics.

Martin at his best is the best link-up man in the league and it's very possible with a new manager he will start performing again. So in my opinion we either bring him back in january or go and get at least one player who can do a similar job.

15 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Here's the thing we currently need a striker who is a good link-up man because the squad chronically lacks one and is a major symptom of Pearson's poor tactics.

Martin at his best is the best link-up man in the league and it's very possible with a new manager he will start performing again. So in my opinion we either bring him back in january or go and get at least one player who can do a similar job.

He has got a new manager at Fulham, he still is not scoring goals.

We need a link up man?

Nope, we need to move on.

51 minutes ago, toddy said:

He has got a new manager at Fulham, he still is not scoring goals.

We need a link up man?

Nope, we need to move on.

The majority of successful systems have a forward who has good link up play with the midfield. Whether this is somebody who is a physical presence who can win headers and hold the ball up or is a clever technical player capable of dropping into midfield areas. In fact the best teams in the world generally don't play a forward who can't link up play.

I'm not arguing for Martin, I'm arguing for a forward who actually wants to play football with the midfield which we currently don't possess (other than arguably ince, played as a 10).

It's quite simple as far as I'm concerned, he's been an absolute revelation over the last 3 years or so and been an important part of our side. But in my opinion, strikers of Chris martins quality will only ever have 3-4 good seasons and then they will settle into being an average player.

i cannot see that martins stock will ever be as high as it is now or was over the last 12 months or so. 

I think it was the right time to go our separate ways, whilst we can still get something for him, shake hands, thank him for his contribution and move on.

i for one don't think we will ever see the same Chris Martin as we have done in previous years, not for any other side and certainly not for Derby County!

20 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Gone - Move on

On loan, still our player. If you do not want to discuss Martin, that is fine, but why click on a thread discussing him to tell others not to? Do you want to forward on a list of topics that we are allowed to discuss?

26 minutes ago, Waffle said:

I said it in his transfer thread. But if we are reverting back to 4-3-3...

Vydra and Martin don't fit

I'd argue that in action a 4-4-2 with Martin dropping off and Vydra making runs and creating space for him wouldn't be too dissimilar from the McClaren system.

25 minutes ago, cannable said:

I'd argue that in action a 4-4-2 with Martin dropping off and Vydra making runs and creating space for him wouldn't be too dissimilar from the McClaren system.

It would at least be a system that would make logical sense. Rather than playing two strikers solely looking to run in behind the defence. 

Archived