Radio Derby Support

DerbyRevolution

Just now, Srg said:

second part isn't true... email addresses and ISPs y'all, we got you.

cops-and-robbersons-stakeout.jpg

That's true of those in charge of the forum. But if you're making a comment of someone and you don't/won't ever know their identity it would be a very hard thing to show in court. It's an interesting dark area in the law that still needs further work yet

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

That's true of those in charge of the forum. But if you're making a comment of someone and you don't/won't ever know their identity it would be a very hard thing to show in court. It's an interesting dark area in the law that still needs further work yet

So @eddie is basically saying he's going to sue everyone on this webpage? oh dear oh dear

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Knowing what I do about the ins and outs of the operating methods of those who own Blackpool FC, and their seeming fondness for litigation, it is just wise not to go too far. Nobody is truly anonymous. The Oystons famously and successfully sued for defamation over a Facebook post - and the poster - a pensioner, Frank Knight - had just 34 'friends'. It cost him £20,000.

Just be careful, is all I'm saying.

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

So @eddie is basically saying he's going to sue everyone on this webpage? oh dear oh dear

I never said that at all - I merely suggested that people who are abusive online are running a risk that somebody somewhere might feel 'wronged' and decide to take action. Writing something online carries the same risk as publishing something in a newspaper or even standing up with a megaphone. If it's defamatory and cannot be substantiated, then it's a risk.

I don't really take offence at anything aimed in my direction - a bit of mock indignation and then I'll come back with a few puns or a bit of ridicule - but some people have made statements over the last 24 hours which they are quite unable to substantiate - statements aimed at people at the club.

23 minutes ago, unclej said:

Even in the Claimant friendly area of defamation, nothing litigious there you fool. 

Just taking your unsubstantiated post as an example. There were some utterly outrageous things said 24 hours ago - they got deleted very quickly.

Oh, forget it - just carry on.

Just back on topic, I've only started listening to BBC Radio Derby this season and with a terrible reception up here too which makes it tricky. I think it's ok. Certainly a lot better than BBC Radio York which I listened to for many years with their live commentary and reports with Chris Jones doing the Craig Ramage spot. Tells it like it is without being overly negative.

Contributors to the inquests afterwards are the usual moaners with nothing constructive to say or just random texts saying, "rubbish" or "such and such needs sacking". You get the odd intelligent call but by and large it's Pitbull Terry the taxi driver bombarding the programme with texts.

You should count yourself lucky. I can really only get BBC Radio Sheffield up here now having moved from North Yorkshire and listening to some of those who call in is a joy to behold. When I can actually understand what they are meant to be saying that is! :lol: I'm a broad Yorkie myself but some of those on there I have no idea what is going on with their speech. Terrifying.

Some really bizarre folk around these parts. :p

BBC Radio Derby is fine by me. It does what it's meant to and is entertaining.

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

If you slander, you can't hide. The forum has to give every bit of information they hold for you, or they get taken to court too. Do you think David would take the rap for some idiot troll keyboard warrior?  Nah mate.

Archived