Radio Derby Support

DerbyRevolution

2 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

"We have <NAME> from <PLACE> on the line. What's your point?"

"I've supported the Rams since <YEAR> and seen it all. I don't go to games but I listen to every match on the radio. I've worked for <YEARS> and if I'd put as much effort in as some of these players, I'd have been sacked. Here's what I think <HAPPENED/THE MANAGER SHOULD DO>....."

60% of your RD call-ins right there.

Oi, that script is copyrighted.

That template's been my biggest seller this season!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, LazloW said:

What I find a little dissapointing about RD (and DET) in the current situation is the lack of investigation or reporting on what has 'really' happened. They seem content to sit back and rely on statements from the club and warning against speculation. 

The national press would've been digging around for sources and reported on that... local press, presumably, have to maontain relationships but its all a bit cosy.  Sky seem to know more (or prepared to report more) than RD.

Having said that, ive not listened today so maybe more has come out?

They are not sports journalists just radio presenters, not great ones at that. Their output other than commentary / punditry is regurgitating rumour and speculation, then claiming it once something is substantiated. It's a fairly lame existence, but someone  has to do it I guess....

But it was at 35:40 as the OP said

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04705dj

Some bloke called Kevin who said he was an impartial neutral, and then started talking about Chris Martin leaving and some legal ramifications that they can't talk about - at which point Owen Bradley has a massive panic and cuts him off! Interesting - he definitely sounded like he knew what the bloke was on about...

47 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Some bloke called Kevin who said he was an impartial neutral, and then started talking about Chris Martin leaving and some legal ramifications that they can't talk about - at which point Owen Bradley has a massive panic and cuts him off! Interesting - he definitely sounded like he knew what the bloke was on about...

very interesting. What could it mean. anything to do with the clement rumours? :blink:

56 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

*Sigh*

No, no I didn't. And I don't think he did either, which is exactly why I cut him off.

I think he was combining some of the ridiculous Clement rumours which Martin's departure (only six months between the two!) and putting 2 & 2 together to get 638.

As far as I'm aware, Chris Martin moved to Fulham purely for footballing reasons.

Despite europia's claim that we only deal in speculation and rumour, that actually isn't the case.

6 minutes ago, Simsy said:

very interesting. What could it mean. anything to do with the clement rumours? :blink:

Maybe recent events can start to 'put to bed' the Clement saga. This re occurring theme:

players not happy with manager - chairman meeting with manager and told pick x, y,  z and get playing 'Derby Way' - manager says get stuffed Mel - argument escalates - chairman wants to show who's boss - manager sacked / suspended etc etc

12 minutes ago, europia said:

Maybe recent events can start to 'put to bed' the Clement saga. This re occurring theme:

players not happy with manager - chairman meeting with manager and told pick x, y,  z and get playing 'Derby Way' - manager says get stuffed Mel - argument escalates - chairman wants to show who's boss - manager sacked / suspended etc etc

And you know this utter drivel for a fact? Some of you dimwits are just asking to be sued.

24 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

*Sigh*

No, no I didn't. And I don't think he did either, which is exactly why I cut him off.

LOL - fair enough. Thanks for clarifying.

I guess I mistook your exasperated tone as meaning you thought he might mention something under a super-injunction legal type embargo rather than just being exasperated that a nutter had got through to live on air :)

23 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

*Sigh*

Well done OwenB.

However I do think that the Clement saga and the present situation do leave the club looking like they are hiding the detail. It creates a situation open to conjecture.

Finally the process within the club appears to be awry, what I mean is, since when do employees go to the chair when there is an apparent problem? Surely the final point of call is the CEO, who then may need to go to the board?

If this is not happening, then why have a CEO?

47 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

*Sigh*

I think he was combining some of the ridiculous Clement rumours which Martin's departure (only six months between the two!) and putting 2 & 2 together to get 638.

As far as I'm aware, Chris Martin moved to Fulham purely for footballing reasons.

Despite europia's claim that we only deal in speculation and rumour, that actually isn't the case.

Thanks - keep up the good work. Not the easiest job in the last couple of years since MM has taken over!

19 minutes ago, europia said:

Hmm interesting, you suggest potential litigation and in the same post make defamatory comment.

Obviously the resident legal expert. 

I think you will find calling someone a dimwit is not nor ever has been defamatory. I don't consider people who regurgitate idle speculation as fact, being in any position to feel slighted by the term dimwit. Dimwit 

40 minutes ago, europia said:

Hmm interesting, you suggest potential litigation and in the same post make defamatory comment.

Obviously the resident legal expert. 

From an actual resident legal expert here, nothing he said could be held against him, he made no implications as to who he refers to, also you'd have a very hard time due to the various alias' involved with this site. 

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

From an actual resident legal expert here, nothing he said could be held against him, he made no implications as to who he refers to, also you'd have a very hard time due to the various alias' involved with this site. 

second part isn't true... email addresses and ISPs y'all, we got you.

cops-and-robbersons-stakeout.jpg

Archived