Radio Derby Support

DerbyRevolution

19 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Players like Savage gave their all every game

oh, so you're one of those who fell for the chasing down a backpass routine then?

He's never put any more effort in than say Bradley Johnson or Jacob Butterfield. So who are you referring to who doesn't put in the effort?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

oh, so you're one of those who fell for the chasing down a backpass routine then?

He's never put any more effort in than say Bradley Johnson or Jacob Butterfield. So who are you referring to who doesn't put in the effort?

How can you possible say that Bradley Johnson gives as much effort as Savage did, 

You're either so far up Johnson's arse that you can't see or just a tool

9 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

How can you possible say that Bradley Johnson gives as much effort as Savage did, 

neither, I just wasn't daft enough to fall for the Savage con. Chasing shadows and backpasses whilst the oppo midfielder was always man of the match. Yeah, great contribution.

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

neither, I just wasn't daft enough to fall for the Savage con. Chasing shadows and backpasses whilst the oppo midfielder was always man of the match. Yeah, great contribution.

You're missing my point, 

You keep talking about player ability. 

If Bradley Johnson gave as much effort as Savage did then he would be our best player by a mile.

The lad clearly has quality in him but doesn't seem to give the effort. 

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

You're missing my point, 

You keep talking about player ability. 

If Bradley Johnson gave as much effort as Savage did then he would be our best player by a mile.

The lad clearly has quality in him but doesn't seem to give the effort. 

Actually that's the complete opposite about Bradley Johnson. He is quite lacking in technical ability but makes up for it (to an extent) through effort and physicality.

12 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Actually that's the complete opposite about Bradley Johnson. He is quite lacking in technical ability but makes up for it (to an extent) through effort and physicality.

Effort?

The lad didn't even break out of a jog the last time he started a match

Agreed with the guy arguing about Ramage talking over people so irritating to listen to, it's as if people with a differing opinion can't voice it without him shouting over them. If he ironed that out he'd make for good listening. 

Only other gripe I have with RD, what vetting process do they use for callers? The amount they let on who just repeat the same point as previous callers is a joke, you hear the same tripe spoken about for ages. 

15 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Hey look folks. Our resident #ITK expert RamsTrolls is back. Happy days.

Honestly, I don't know why I bothered reading this thread. I don't know why people moan so much about RD. They do a good job. The match day commentary is informative and entertaining. Ramage actually talks a lot of sense a lot of the time (I know I'm going to get pilloried for stating that). OB is a very talented journo and I'd be surprised if he isn't a national sports journalist in a few years. Ed does a good job on match day. 

I think people just like to moan.

The only thing I don't understand is why @OwenB87 reads this guff. I hope he has a thick skin. 

"We have <NAME> from <PLACE> on the line. What's your point?"

"I've supported the Rams since <YEAR> and seen it all. I don't go to games but I listen to every match on the radio. I've worked for <YEARS> and if I'd put as much effort in as some of these players, I'd have been sacked. Here's what I think <HAPPENED/THE MANAGER SHOULD DO>....."

60% of your RD call-ins right there.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Hey look folks. Our resident #ITK expert RamsTrolls is back. Happy days.

Thank you for the welcome back Eddie,

It has been a long month away from the forum but i'm glad to be back and buzzing to get going again.

I know it will have been hard without me in the past month but with everyones support we can get through this and get back to the way we were prior to the temporary ban.

I am committed to this forum and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. This is my home and no where could tempt me to leave.

The rumours linking me with Newcastle are pure speculation and I wish to not comment further on that matter.

So lets get going and have a jolly good time.

thank you. 

1 hour ago, RamO said:

Honestly, I don't know why I bothered reading this thread. I don't know why people moan so much about RD. They do a good job. The match day commentary is informative and entertaining. Ramage actually talks a lot of sense a lot of the time (I know I'm going to get pilloried for stating that). OB is a very talented journo and I'd be surprised if he isn't a national sports journalist in a few years. Ed does a good job on match day. 

I think people just like to moan.

The only thing I don't understand is why @OwenB87 reads this guff. I hope he has a thick skin. 

Spot on RamO........mind you, I do miss those "Ramage bladders it into the net" days! :thumbsup:

I for one like and appreciate the Radio Derby coverage. Owen is a genuinely great host and I think we're lucky to have him. In the nicest way possible I hope that he stays for many years and doesn't get poached for a bigger job (and I'm not just saying that 'cos you may read this @OwenB87!). I for one like Ed's commentary and Ramage is always entertaining. I like the banter between the three and I think it really helps that they are all actual Derby fans. I got brought up listening to the Richards/Hall/Gibson combination and however good that was, I honestly think that the current coverage is comparable (and dare I say maybe even better). In fact the only thing I don't like about the coverage is the standard of callers/tweets/texts. A large percentage of them are quite frankly embarrassing. They can be as cringey as watching an episode of the Office, albeit without the laughs. I can almost hear Owen's eyes rolling in his head when he reads some of them out.

1 hour ago, drgoodspeak said:

"We have <NAME> from <PLACE> on the line. What's your point?"

"I've supported the Rams since <YEAR> and seen it all. I don't go to games but I listen to every match on the radio. I've worked for <YEARS> and if I'd put as much effort in as some of these players, I'd have been sacked. Here's what I think <HAPPENED/THE MANAGER SHOULD DO>....."

60% of your RD call-ins right there.

Not sure about 60% - I think you're being generous, there!!

We had the classics, during last night's special - including someone who doesn't go to the games but knew from listening to the radio coverage that Pearson had definitely lost the dressing room and another one who couldn't discuss how he knew, but asserted that Pearson had ben sacked because of footballing reasons and then when he was told specifically that was not the case, admitted he was at a loss as to why he'd been suspended.........

Which menagerie do they get these people from? Please tell me that they are not allowed to breed.......

Archived