Why does Pearson keep playing Blackman

plymouthram

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give the guy a break. Not sure of the actual game time he has had, nor the instructions/responsibilities he has been given when on the pitch, but it is too early to judge the lad. When he has been given more game time in his favoured position then get your pitchforks out if necessary.

Seems that everyone wants to attack a newbie. Of more importance to me is why established, proven players in our team are playing so poorly at the moment.  Hughes, Bryson, Keogh, Carson, Ince, Ollson, Bent, Russell and Shackell have all looked like lower league performers this season. Our problem is much bigger than one poor lad struggling to settle in.

People can slag him off but he's clearly a skilled player - the downside is he's the most wasteful striker I've ever seen. It's like he can't hit the ball on target to save his life. Incredible. He'd score more goals if he deliberately tried to miss. Then add to the puzzle he's the most polished penalty taker ever. No idea to be honest. 

Some players just click at certain clubs and with certain managers. By the same token they can also be rubbish at clubs and under certain managers.

i think he is the most obvious confidence player I have ever seen and probably needs to feel confident, needed, valued, supported and trusted to be the best he can be. I don't think he has really shown any where near what he is capable of producing.

really hope things come good for him and he can kick on now. After all the stick he has received, much of it not acceptable, I think he deserves some good times here.

Archived