Why does Pearson keep playing Blackman

plymouthram

He always tries his best to his credit, you can tell how desperate he is for a goal and what it would mean to him- however sadly he has about as much footballing ability as Leon best and Connor sammon, can't finish , loses possession far too easily and doesn't really have a footballing brain. His only assets really is his powerful long range shots, I hope I'm wrong but I can't see him ever being successful here

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mickram said:

But a multi millionaire  - here lyeth the problem.

Quite possibly the worst player I've seen in a Derby County shirt. Completely hopeless.

EASY TIGER!

Besides, on Nathan Tyson's LinkedIn profile he claims that he himself is the worst player ever to wear the Derby shirt. Let's not call the man a liar.

I think Blackman is more a confidence player with undoubted ability. My issue is that he doesn't warrant a place in the squad currently as we as a team aren't playing with any confidence nor any fluidity.

Using him as a sub all the time in pressure situations when we're either losing or drawing in a tense affair will never see the best of him.

So on answer to the OP, I have little idea why Pearson insists on bringing him off the bench currently as I'm reasonably sure he will never have any tangible effect on the game under current circumstances.

He does put in the effort here and there but he is ineffective and right now having him in cameo roles is not beneficial to either Derby County or himself.

Just seen bathrams post and he beat me to it.

3 hours ago, mickram said:

But a multi millionaire  - here lyeth the problem.

Quite possibly the worst player I've seen in a Derby County shirt. Completely hopeless.

Not been a fan long then? There have been dozens worse, recently too.

I'm not a massive fan but did okay Sat, though he didn't have to do much to shine.

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I'm not a massive fan but did okay Sat, though he didn't have to do much to shine.

Cant have witnessed the silky skills of clod.

I saw a few of Reading's games before we signed him and I remember thinking 'we should sign him'. Had a great game at Hull I think it was playing wide in a front 3.

If NP is going to ring the changes (expect Russell to come back in now he's fit) then give players like Blackman and Johnson a run in the side to allow them to keep their shirt, these players have been signed for a lot of money and must be given a decent chance without stigma. 

Derby seems to be the ruining of seasoned pro's, a fantastic atmosphere would do them all the power of good.

23 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Or the attacking prowess of Stern John, Mikkel Beck or Leon Best.

Or the midfield prowess of Jeff Hendrick.

Oh, wait....

42 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Richard Goulooze, Derek Hales, Nathan Tyson, Alan Biley, Craig Fagen, Leon Best, Kenny Miller......any more for the postcard!!

I don't rate him but genuinely think he works pretty hard. Hopeless on the wing, not bright, but actually almost looked slippery and dangerous at the end of Saturday's game. So who knows ? One more roll of the dice I reckon, but I won't be holding my breath. 

3 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

If he's the worst then you've not even watching us very long. Or have been asleep.

or just hyperbole?

I've been watching for nearly 40 years and seen plenty of dross during the dark old days but this fella is dreadfull. I often refer to him as a poor man's Nathan Tyson.

Poor poor player and not fit to wear the famous shirt.

12 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Whilst you may have a point. He hasn't once looked like he can cut at Derby. 

I suspect he looks decent in training because he's quick, strong and has a decent long range shot but the guy has absolutely no footballing brain and constantly makes poor decisions on the pitch.

Totally correct Sir. Blackman is a 2016 version of Nathan Tyson ie A fast runner; but looks to be in a panic when the ball comes to him and inevitably fluffs it. Interestingly, Mr Pearson describes him as having "great potential" which gives you a great insight into what Mr Pearson regards as a proper footballer ie:

1. Tall and athletic.

2. A fast runner.

3. Lack of a football brain is not a problem.

4. Can play a fast, break-away sort of a game. 

5. An individualist rather than a team player.

I think (I do hope I'm wrong) that Mr Blackman is out of his depth at Championship level and if Mr Blackman bangs in 3 goals tonight against Cardiff I will indeed come back tomorrow and mock myself for being a fool not to agree with Mr Pearson. :mellow: 

14 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Totally correct Sir. Blackman is a 2016 version of Nathan Tyson ie A fast runner; but looks to be in a panic when the ball comes to him and inevitably fluffs it. Interestingly, Mr Pearson describes him as having "great potential" which gives you a great insight into what Mr Pearson regards as a proper footballer ie:

1. Tall and athletic.

2. A fast runner.

3. Lack of a football brain is not a problem.

4. Can play a fast, break-away sort of a game. 

5. An individualist rather than a team player.

I think (I do hope I'm wrong) that Mr Blackman is out of his depth at Championship level and if Mr Blackman bangs in 3 goals tonight against Cardiff I will indeed come back tomorrow and mock myself for being a fool not to agree with Mr Pearson. :mellow: 

Harsh on Blackman who's technically pretty good. Nathan Tyson couldn't trap a bag of sand. 

I don't think he's out of his depth, I think it's a mixture of things that have lead to him not really showing us what he's made of. First and foremost, he doesn't fit. We didn't bring him in to be our sole striker so I'm not really sure what Clement was thinking. Another stinker on the recruitment front as far as buying players that fit go. He's not a winger, most of his games have been on the wing for us. 

I get the feeling that he'll be one of these players that when they inevitably leave they'll do well at their new clubs. I'd say the same for Butterfield, Johnson, Weimann, Bent etc. They'll go on to a team where they'll be the focal point, not shoe horned in at right mid or starved of any sort of service when the only thing you're good at is putting the ball in the net. 

2 hours ago, irobinson said:

Richard Goulooze, Derek Hales, Nathan Tyson, Alan Biley, Craig Fagen, Leon Best, Kenny Miller......any more for the postcard!!

Would not disagree with that list apart from Biley who was good alongside Swi ndlehurst.Scored some excellent goals and strike rate at derby of a goal every 2.6 games 19 in 51 appearances

Archived