Under 23's very likely to be involved v Cardiff

England Ram

As ideally as it is to see more of the under 23s, I think tomorrow is the wrong platform for them. 

I'd say there is a lot of pressure on the next two games - Cardiff away has never been a happy hunting ground for us, they're also fighting for their life. Leeds, who are in good form at home, is almost written to be Pearson's last game at this club. 

We'll see tomorrow, but if Pearson is looking to prove a point then I imagine we will see a lot of changes, followed by a despondent display that sees us sink further into the bottom three. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RiddingsRam said:

He needs to do something! Can't carry on as we are ! What else do you suggest ?

Your right he does. What he needs to do is  devise a tactical system and formation that gets the most out of a talented squad. He needs to find a way to instill a confidence, belief and direction back into players that have lacked it all season and not throw them under the bus, making up excuses about 'not working hard enough', using the U23s as part of a stunt.

You know, be a bloody manager.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

As ideally as it is to see more of the under 23s, I think tomorrow is the wrong platform for them. 

I'd say there is a lot of pressure on the next two games - Cardiff away has never been a happy hunting ground for us, they're also fighting for their life. Leeds, who are in good form at home, is almost written to be Pearson's last game at this club. 

We'll see tomorrow, but if Pearson is looking to prove a point then I imagine we will see a lot of changes, followed by a despondent display that sees us sink further into the bottom three. 

I think your spot on and it's downright despicable. He's just covering his own failings.

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Is Hanson just what we've been crying out for ? A ball winning midfielder who can pick a pass and has bags of energy ? Makes perfect sense too me , just hope it's not at the expense of will ! 

Lowes looked promising, in the few tines I've seen him play . Personally I'm a big Olsson fan but he's been way off and with no real competition after fozzy s injury he needs a push . 

Timi is probably the player I have seen play least out of the 3 , sure he played on centre mid for the under 23s last season, could be wrong though . Bur hey I'm all from promoting within , in fact I th8nk it's paramount ! 

Must admit I don't see the hype about Hanson but given that we don't have any other options for the defensive midfield role then what have we got to lose. This season Olson has been a huge disappointment - nearly every time he moves into the opposition half he stops, moves the ball to his right foot and plays a short, negative pass inside, cancelling any forward momentum we may have had. Never seen Lowe play but prior to his injury there were many who were clamouring for him to be given his chance so maybe now could be his time?

27 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think your spot on and it's downright despicable. He's just covering his own failings.

Good grief. If you actually think that Pearson would deliberately pick a team to lose in order to prove a point, then you're as big a prat as @Ambitious.

Hey @David, another potential Mod for you.

;)

Can't please some people, moaning that the players used already aren't good enough and need replacing then moan when it looks like some of the youngsters could be involved, Hanson and Lowe have been around the first team for a while already and if not for injuries last season would probably have had game time. Timi is the new wild card for me, he looks like he has something about him when I've seen him in the cup games and was pleased to see him on the bench on Saturday, to suggest Pearson is using them to weaken the team is plain stupid.

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

Good grief. If you actually think that Pearson would deliberately pick a team to lose in order to prove a point, then you're as big a prat as @Ambitious.

;)

I don't think he'll pick a team to deliberately to lose, but to pick a team to prove a point? Sure. 

We're talking about the bloke that's loaned our top goalscorer and most creative influence out to a Championship rival. 

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

;)

I genuinely hope I'm wrong about the guy and I hope his reasons (if he sticks the U23s in) are because they are doing fantastic in training. I just can't help but feel he's doing this to prove a point.

Just now, nottingram said:

I was thinking on Saturday about whether Lowe can really be worse than Olsson has been this year so I'm all for that change.

I'd also bring Hughes into Butterfield's 'wide playmaker' role and have Hanson and Bryson in the middle if we're going to insist on a 4-4-2

My thoughts exactly

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't think he'll pick a team to deliberately to lose, but to pick a team to prove a point? Sure. 

We're talking about the bloke that's loaned our top goalscorer and most creative influence out to a Championship rival. 

What are we up to now for CM? 19 games without a goal and counting?

15 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I genuinely hope I'm wrong about the guy and I hope his reasons (if he sticks the U23s in) are because they are doing fantastic in training. I just can't help but feel he's doing this to prove a point.

What point would that be?

Of all the things I want to moan at Pearson about, this wouldn't make the list. I am fully behind the idea that there will be a path to the first team for our youngsters and I've been disappointed at the limited use so far. Obviously this is far from the ideal setting to blood the younger players, but it would be far worse at home. Doing it away, midweek, when only the proper nutters will be in the away end guarantees the best support (in terms of attitude, not numbers) any Derby team will get right now.

17 minutes ago, eddie said:

What point would that be?

What he is essentially doing is so that when we lose tomorrow he can say "Well I played youngsters and they tried their darndest to get the result, it's not my fault that the ones that try aren't good enough and the ones that are good enough don't try. I'm going to need more time and money pretty please mister Morris." i.e. deflecting away from the true problem in his inability to get the best out of a talented squad, like he has done in every interview where the topic of tactics has been approached.

32 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Hopefully to "prove a point" that if you don't perform then you'll get dropped, it's not as if anyone has been playing particularly well so far this season is it?

That'd be fine but the reason players are playing badly is a combination of bad tactics, disillusionment from said tactics and  loss of confidence due to a string of incredibly bad results. What Pearson is doing is deflecting attention from him and onto the playing staff.

Not a massive fan off all this throw young lads in at the deep end and watch them sink malarkey. On the other hand would love to see what Vernam could do giving the chance from the bench a few games. Obviously under 23s is a lesser standard but the lads got goals in him and must have some confidence. If he ever comes good credit to Clougie era who I believe brought him in as a 16 year old from Ssausagehorpe I think it was 

3 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Wonder what the odds are on 6 changes - Russell, Camara and Wilson plus Lowe, Hanson and Timi-max?

my bet is that Russell, Wilson and Lowe will all start with the others on the bench. 

I think russell camera and Wilson will be competing for one place on the right side. With anya on the left and vydra in the middle. Can't see camara winning that one... Russell or Wilson needed as at least some goal threat potential. Are they all fit... We seem to go from having no-one who could play attacking right side on Saturday to three on Tuesday? 

Has Lowe played as a left back under Pearson (possibly in the cup games)? I seem to remember him playing left mid during pre-season?

Also, has Hanson featured at all this season? I'd be surprised if he was brought in completely out of the cold and given a starting spot but stranger things have happened. Does anyone know which position he's been playing for the U23s (DR/DC/DMC)?

Archived