BRING BACK THE MAC!?

JoeDerby

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

How can u say clough was a success? Then on otherhand say mclaren wasnt, and he spent money? Mac took over cloughs midtable team and transformed them mid season and ended up in the fairytale run to wembley WITHOUT SPENDING ANYTHING THAT SEASON. Was only 3 loans added.

Fair point, Let me change my view.

Clough was a success for the job he was brought into do. He was brought into this club to stabilise us and to stop us from dropped into league 1. He did this and brought in some top signings for quality prices at the same time. 

Mcclaren was a success in his first 8 months. He came in and transformed a mid-table side into a very good play off contending team. 

Mcclaren's first full year in charge was a failure. He didn't sign the players that we required and then got his head turned by Newcastle. He failed this season. 

However i agree with your point, He wasn't a total failure. 

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

Clough was a success for the job he was brought into do. He was brought into this club to stabilise us and to stop us from dropped into league 1. He did this and brought in some top signings for quality prices at the same time. 

Mcclaren was a success in his first 8 months. He came in and transformed a mid-table side into a very good play off contending team. 

Mcclaren's first full year in charge was a failure. He didn't sign the players that we required and then got his head turned by Newcastle. He failed this season. 

Much better 

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

You don't want Pearson to bring in his own players and you don't want him to change the system?

So basically what you're saying is that you want to have Pearson fail here with the gutless players we have that can't play the system & you don't want Pearson to change a system that has failed us for 3+ years in a row? 

Why wouldn't you want change? 

This is the problem with this club, people expect miracles. Pearson will not get us promoted this year, He won't play pretty football. But given time, he will deliver.

Leicester were in the same position as us when he took over, Had a bunch of overpaid wasters in the team that didn't care for that club. 

Give Pearson time to weed out the slackers and this team will deliver.  

How has the system failed us?  we could of been easily promoted via the play offs in two of them seasons? if you think that's a failed system, then what the **** is the system we are using now?

Why would you want a change a system that has been so successful is my question? Why the need for the big clear out? It's so obvious that in the last 3 years we have been so bloody close to being a top team, surely with few little changes and a couple of the correct additions and we could of challenged for the title this year?

Instead you are happy taking a risk in clearing the whole team, not playing pretty football and for the club to be the laughing stock of English football whilst these changes take place? When it's not even guaranteed the grass is greener on the other side.

Wow.

I think that's the nub of it for me. I think for a few magical months McClaren got that bunch of players playing above their natural level. Then when it started to fail, he didn't seem able to turn it around. My impression is that he can coach what is in front of him, but can't identify what's missing and go and buy it. I know that seems to be contradicted by his success with loans but I think that's because we got massively better players on loan that we simply couldn't afford to buy. 

So reluctantly I'd say no to his return.

having said all that, I also thought Peter Taylor's return would be a success, I didn't think Arthur Cox was a good choice and wanted Roy Mac to keep the job, I didn't think Jim Smith would work and I thought Todd would do a good job .... so basically ignore everything I think, and we'll be OK :-)

I see it very differently. We were TOP in March, so in reality the whole year was a not a disaster, at the point the transfer window closed, we didn't need to sign any players, although injuries forced the successful signings (then) of Bent and Ince on loan.

What actually happens in the fans got twitchy, this got to the players, and gave them a easy cop out, one which they are still using now. Inability to stand up and be counted when it matters. This happened many times since, and I'm not sure McClaren can be held as responsible now we've seen it happen to 3 managers since.

Part of me would give owt to have Wassall back. 

Tactically naive sometimes, maybe a bit too pally with the players but some of the performances under him were brilliant and we all knew what he was trying to do with the players. Not to mention 1.68 points per game with a squad in poor form when he took over. 

Anyone highlighting Rotherham without comparing it to MAC verses Birmingham away is wearing tinted spectacles. 

It's a no from me ,, think he had his moment and we came close ,for me it was  right time right place ,early momentum and rode the wave,,, my gut feeling is that a return now would be wrong time wrong place , if he did nt hit the ground running he would be under massive pressure from Derby fans who rightly or wrongly feel he stabbed the club in the back and for me as I've said elsewhere I think he s a good coach , not as good a manager as a coach , very good when things go well but very poor when under pressure if things not going so well ,,, so thanks for some good times Mac and a spell of some very good to watch football but we had our time

Archived