BRING BACK THE MAC!?

JoeDerby

17 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

I'm going to get mocked and hissed at for this (curse of the ITK), and it's why I don't post any various snippets I gather, all from a very close friend at strategic level at another championship club with many links to ours. Also, links to the name I'm going to put forward who has agreed to take over if/when Pearson goes. It's imminent they think.

My source is gash with player info but I've made much money with his/her insider gumpf on the manager merry go round in this division. I trust him/her.

Ready......

Neil Warnock.

Careful what you wish for.

gets a hard press. Tactically astute, his players play for him, likes attacking football. Gets results and promotions. I've been a fan of his for a long time. Not sure I could enjoy his Press conferences though, but I never liked NC, SMc, DW or Pearson in them, always thought Simmo and Clement spoke well in media.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

I'm going to get mocked and hissed at for this (curse of the ITK), and it's why I don't post any various snippets I gather, all from a very close friend at strategic level at another championship club with many links to ours. Also, links to the name I'm going to put forward who has agreed to take over if/when Pearson goes. It's imminent they think.

My source is gash with player info but I've made much money with his/her insider gumpf on the manager merry go round in this division. I trust him/her.

Ready......

Neil Warnock.

NO!

Is it a condition of being the Derby manager now that you have to be unbearable in interviews then?

pinch of salt time.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

if we're going back for anyone there's one and one only in the last few years I would want.

someone who gets his players playing for the shirt with pride and passion.

But for the sake of the forum im not opening that can of worms again. 

oooooh naughty !!

untitled.png

4 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

NO!

Is it a condition of being the Derby manager now that you have to be unbearable in interviews then?

pinch of salt time.

I refer to it in my post too. BUT, if you are picking your manager on media or accent, over what happens on the pitch, you shouldn't be picking a manager.

26 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Ready......

Neil Warnock.

Lol, with Joey Barton as assistant no doubt, that would just about finish me off :D

1 hour ago, JoeDerby said:

1. Would anyone have the Mac back at Derby?

2. I think he knows how to get the best out of our current squad. It's hard to see anything changing under Pearson and I for one, want to see OUR current squad doing well.

3. I don't want to see Pearson bringing his own players in and changing how we play. Everything good about our club and the best players we have had in years is being taken away.

4. I believe it's too much of a risk to change everything. Bring back Chris Martin and quick neat football... PLEASE :unsure: I miss DERBY 

1. No

2. The squad as you call it has changed a bit since SM was here and most are getting older.

3. Why not? It might not be working at the moment but why shouldn't a manager bring in his own players and style when the current lot don't fit in with his ideas?

4. Chris Martin???? time to move on.

23 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

1. No

2. The squad as you call it has changed a bit since SM was here and most are getting older.

3. Why not? It might not be working at the moment but why shouldn't a manager bring in his own players and style when the current lot don't fit in with his ideas?

4. Chris Martin???? time to move on.

Who are the players that are not getting older?:ph34r::lol:

If we took him back we would miss out on promotion by narrow margins again. Someone would tickle his fancy again and he would be off. There are other options out there. I never understood this reputation Nigel Pearson has. It's conflated. I never understood why some of our fans were falling over themselves to get him in as our manager. 

Now is the wrong time and circumstances for Steve Maclaren. He was perhaps fortunate, or it was a masterstroke by Sam Rush, to bring in a technical coach at a time when we have a group of hungry players, inexpensively assembled, who were proving they were capable of moments of good football (eg Yeovil Millwall away) but who needed the system developing.

As has been eloquently pointed out, the squad is different both in personnel and in terms of where individuals are in their professional cycle.

Steve Maclaren has shown elsewhere that team building from the ground up is not his strength. And for those of us tearing our hair out at the defence, he is particularly poor at building defences.

We have great memories. All we would do by going back is ruin them imo.

1 hour ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Ready......

Neil Warnock.

Don't mind the bloke tbh. Bet he wouldn't stand motionless with arms folded watching his team struggle.

It may not be as crazy as it first sounds. Let's be honest at the moment things couldn't be much worse for us. But I fear things will get worse under Pearson's leadership. Look the players aren't playing for him, that's after 9 league games, 3 cup games, & what 4 or 5 pre-season games. Long enough in my opinion.

I've said it before I don't think there's that much wrong, it's 80% confidence in my opinion, Mac could be the one person to rescue this season at least.

Bring back Steve Mac? Why? His head were elsewhere you know some place in North East.. No thanks don't want Mac back after what he done to the club. Also LOL at Warnock bit. ????

18 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

those of us tearing our hair out at the defence, he is particularly poor at building defences

is he? I wouldn't say he had much chance to 'build'. His predecessor had about 9 transfer windows and plenty of emergency loan windows, McClaren had 3 windows, and all were before decent money was available to spend.

17 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

No thanks don't want Mac back after what he done to the club

what was that? made the fans realise that the bloke before him was conning them by making them think the team couldn't compete, only to see the best football some fans had ever seen, culminating in a trip to Wembley and renewed hope.

Perhaps we just should've carried on mid to lower table, groaning at Connor Sammon and Ben Davies whilst wondering when Paul Coutts would be fit to play.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

what was that? made the fans realise that the bloke before him was conning them by making them think the team couldn't compete, only to see the best football some fans had ever seen, culminating in a trip to Wembley and renewed hope.

Perhaps we just should've carried on mid to lower table, groaning at Connor Sammon and Ben Davies whilst wondering when Paul Coutts would be fit to play.

Newcastle rumours etc and DON'T even think about defending him for that. He couldn't stopped the defences problem as well... 

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

is he? I wouldn't say he had much chance to 'build'. His predecessor had about 9 transfer windows and plenty of emergency loan windows, McClaren had 3 windows, and all were before decent money was available to spend.

I was referring to Newcastle's. But there was evidence from earlier in his career at Boro that picking a defender was not his forte.

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Newcastle rumours etc and DON'T even think about defending him for that. He couldn't stopped the defences problem as well... 

he cannot be blamed for the rumours. He didn't start them. He didn't want to talk about them, and why should he? and he stayed until the end.

As for the defence's problem, well simply, we still have that now, and as long as we have the bottle merchant Keogh at the heart of it, we will always crumble under pressure. I think SM would've got rid of Keogh that summer.

Archived