Identity Crisis

Derbados

You cant bring some one in with objectives of improvement,enhancements and presumably objectives to gain promotion and then say we expect this from you but you have to do what we want,how we want when we want,iether employ someone and allow them to do it or dont employ someone and do it yourself.

Yes results,performances are pathetic,NP not looking good at the moment and probably alarmed himself at how we have fallen apart.Sure this wasnt what he expected. But he has started the job ,taken a differtent route to previous managers by restructuring the squad,formations and tactics.Brave or foolish.?

I believe this strategy has been agreed with all concerned and as such , time will be given for a transition period to take plaice. Not what we want,we want success ,goals promotion and now.But patience is required,when rebuilding an engine it can be messy, everything out of plaice,missing parts .however on completion,usually longer than you anticipated the rewards are their to see.

Surprised,disappointed, alarmed at where we are at the moment but lets see where we are nearer the end of the season.Relegation is not acceptable or neccersary to take the club forward and i dont believe that would happen,any threat of that and i believe NP would have to go.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I don't agree with everything you've said but you're right if there was a clique it should have been gutted out. Pearson in the summer either needed to play to the squad's strengths or gut it and he's done neither. 

Your particularly spot on about Clement's tactics compared to NP.

Do you not think he deserves credit for giving an expensive ,capable squad the oppurtunity of proving themselves,before coming in and hacking it apart.Yes cost us a transfer window but has enabled him to evaluate players,capabilities,mentality,strengths ,weaknesses and ability to change.ensuring that the right players leave and more importantly the right players arrive.

Just now, ram1964 said:

Do you not think he deserves credit for giving an expensive ,capable squad the oppurtunity of proving themselves,before coming in and hacking it apart.Yes cost us a transfer window but has enabled him to evaluate players,capabilities,mentality,strengths ,weaknesses and ability to change.ensuring that the right players leave and more importantly the right players arrive.

No I don't. It was clear from the outset that he had a particular formation and play pattern in mind (i.e. copy what was done at leicester). Most Derby fans would be able to tell you we didn't have the correct playing squad for what he wanted, not to mention if he bothered watched video footage from the past 3 seasons it would have told you about the strengths and weaknesses of players. To get what he wanted to make work he needed make quick decisive changes. Otherwise he had to play to the squads strengths and build to the squad's strengths. He chose to not fully commit to either and we are now in a mess. 

Bear in mind I wasn't advocating for change and thought Pearson was the wrong guy to build on the squad.

Compare him to a great manager in Guardiola, who knew exactly what he wanted to do at city and went about doing it in a quick decisive manner.  

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

No I don't. It was clear from the outset that he had a particular formation and play pattern in mind (i.e. copy what was done at leicester). Most Derby fans would be able to tell you we didn't have the correct playing squad for what he wanted, not to mention if he bothered watched video footage from the past 3 seasons it would have told you about the strengths and weaknesses of players. To get what he wanted to make work he needed make quick decisive changes. Otherwise he had to play to the squads strengths and build to the squad's strengths. He chose to not fully commit to either and we are now in a mess. 

Bear in mind I wasn't advocating for change and thought Pearson was the wrong guy to build on the squad.

Compare him to a great manager in Guardiola, who knew exactly what he wanted to do at city and went about doing it in a quick decisive manner.  

Appreciate your opinions but Guardiola and Pearson cannot be compared,if you want guardiola management we have to pay for it

9 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

No ... because Pearson himself has intimated that he should have gutted in the summer. It was sort of noble to not do so when he came but he thought he was so good he could whip the players into shape and make them good: then he found out he couldn't do that so that's on him. 3 goals ?? He can't make players better so he has to go buy players. And we can't do any of that until Jan. Life is all about the decisions you make: he made no decision and now regrets that he's stuck with Blackman bent Russell shacks Johnson butterfield etc etc. so then after spineless performances he most recently threatens to bench a lot of them and bring young players in. It seems he's cracked. 

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

Appreciate your opinions but Guardiola and Pearson cannot be compared,if you want guardiola management we have to pay for it

I'm not asking for Guardiola level management, I'm asking for decisive management with a clear plan and direction.

If you want examples closer to home look at Di Matteo at Villa or Benitez at Newcastle.

9 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I'm not asking for Guardiola level management, I'm asking for decisive management with a clear plan and direction.

If you want examples closer to home look at Di Matteo at Villa or Benitez at Newcastle.

Well perhaps MM should be looking at the calibre of management he instates then ,Newcastle went out of their way to endure Benitez stayed,perrhaps we need to dpend big on getting a manager rather than throwing millions on average signings

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

Well perhaps MM should be looking at the calibre of management he instates then ,Newcastle went out of their way to endure Benitez stayed,perrhaps we need to dpend big on getting a manager rather than throwing millions on average signings

The thing is you don't need to spend big on a manager, like you don't need always need to spend big on a player. You just need to a bit of bloody research and make sure you get the correct man. Pearson was never going to be that unless he did major squad surgery to get a squad suited to him or overhaul his footballing philosophy to suit the squad.

Given the choice between great player and great manager, I'd always pick great manager. Look at how average some of the Man Utd sides that Ferguson won titles with were.

Just now, brady1993 said:

The thing is you don't need to spend big on a manager, like you don't need always need to spend big on a player. You just need to a bit of bloody research and make sure you get the correct man. Pearson was never going to be that unless he did major squad surgery to get a squad suited to him or overhaul his footballing philosophy to suit the squad.

Given the choice between great player and great manager, I'd always pick great manager. Look at how average some of the Man Utd sides that Ferguson won titles with were.

Agreed

40 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

also you have to try and find buyers for no hopers before you can replace

Archived