How many out of a hundred ?

NottsRam77

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

There was one last year and Hanson scored one too a couple of years ago.. so yes about one a season. In 46 games a year. Maybe 5 corners a game. So from 100 corners about 0.5 goals scored per corner.  

Think you need to check your maths that means a goal scored from every other corner taken I'd take that 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Think you need to check your maths that means a goal scored from every other corner taken I'd take that 

Ok I meant 0.5 goals per 100 corners.

2 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Zero. We dont score from corners

I remember one disputed corner we won when, everyone around me thought it should have been a goal kick. I actually turned to the person next to me and said "doesn't matter, it'll go straight to the keeper". I think you can guess what happened next.

Later I said if we get another corner I'm going to take it. I couldn't have done much worse. 

11 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Ok I meant 0.5 goals per 100 corners.

To put that into context, Man U scored three goals from corners in one game against  fester yesterday.

if 6% get goals, that's a shade over 1 in 20.

if you're attacking lots you might get 10 corners in a match.

you might reasonably expect a goal from a corner every few matches, a significant contribution, if you're completely average at em.

obviously, some teams focus on this because it's something they feel they get good percentages from, some teams just don't bother and get less.

Apart from direct free kicks in shooting range we are awful in set pieces and that goes back a LONG time prior to NP arriving

throwins ..gawd we are so static and never help the thrower out who is usually to slow to do anything anyway !

corners .. Straight to the goalie or not past the first defender.

balls whipped in from wide free kicks ? Well I would use the word whip, more like and underarm dolly

goal kicks .. Naaaa just boot it .. There's a 50/50 chance we might come out with it 

now I am a happy clapper ( 1st class with bars ) but jees lads if we could do something positive then set piece homework would be high up the list 

11 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not saying he should be getting in but am I right in thinking Hanson is meant to be rather nifty with a dead ball, seem to recall he put a few in with interest when given the chance 

I like Hanson a lot. He is keen to play the ball quickly, he is tough and has a sense of urgency. Not the finished article but he is very adaptable as a player both defensively and going forward. Not quite sure why he seems to have slipped down the pecking order a place or two ?

I'd like to see him with Hughes in the middle of the park 

Archived